Page 623 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 12352357361362162262362462563367372311231623 ... LastLast
Results 12,441 to 12,460 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm not even going to ask a "judge" for a ruling on those answers. They are 100% acceptable.
    Look at you, grading papers like Debbie Crowder.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    While it mixes with your memories somewhat, I do recall pitchers of Courage on the second story bar at Fishmongers. Good memories!!!
    You may be correct. Those memories, especially cup night at Sati's, were easily mixable. It might have been Killian's Red at Sati's and John Courage along with Lionheart at Fishmonger's. The oyster happy hour definitely took place on the second story bar
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Mid/late 80s. Very impressive.
    At the time, one of my friends would buy a small coke to mix into the crappy Hamm's at Giants games to make it potable. Don't think they ever had Anchor at the 'Stick for Giants or Niners games. Panthers have a solid NC microbrew selection at games.

Went on my first microbrew crawl in Portland with friends in 1999. Was surprised that they had enough craft brew critical mass to make it happen. As noted elsewhere in this thread, lots of doable microbrew crawls throughout NC (Asheville, Durham, W-S, Wilmington) now. Not a fan of Starbuck's, but it's now noticeable when you get crappy coffee or beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Look at you, grading papers like Debbie Crowder.
    You earned your A grade. Plus 3 credit hours.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I *think* it was one of the following: Killian's Red, Pete's Wicked Ale or SA Boston Lager, probably very late 80s when we started visiting family in Portland, OR, regularly hauling back ski boots/socks/gloves/running shoes/carry-on bags filled with 12 or 22 ounce bottles of beer unavailable in NC and generally >6% ABV from Deschutes, Rogue, Bridgeport and other assorted fine Oregonian craft brewers.

Let the Asheville residents speak with their Buy Local dollars...

La Maison-Taxman Brewing Company

WTH does this have to do with taxes?

The brewers say citrus, grapefruit and pine. I say apples, pears and white pepper .

Pour was a hazy straw color with a thin, quickly disappearing head. Nose of Granny Smith apples and slightly underripe pears. Tastes of the same with a pinch of white pepper and, ok, I'll admit it, a bit of grapefruit and orange. This is a rather light-bodied, smooth, easy sipping saison/farmhouse style ale. IBUs are 25 and ABV is 7%. Pair with a plate of fresh fruits, soft cheeses or a light seafood entree with a fruited salsa topping. I'll be happy to sip or share my second 12 ounce can of this and trade the other two from the 4 pack to fuse for a first round selection in the 2018 NBA draft.

Winners at RBC trivia night- boom!

A nice brown ale, raspberry berliner weisse and session IPA on the ride to victory.

A nice brown ale, raspberry berliner weisse and session IPA on the ride to victory.
    I was once a pub quizmaster in Vermont, about 15 years ago. This is before omnipresent smartphones, back when it was fun... great job -cash payment, cheap beers, and drink on the job.

#lovevermont

That's awesome. Our son and his wife, along with our younger daughter and her husband were second place winners at Lone Rider or Gizmo Brewing recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I was once a pub quizmaster in Vermont, about 15 years ago. This is before omnipresent smartphones, back when it was fun... great job -cash payment, cheap beers, and drink on the job.

#lovevermont
    Did you ever meet budwom? A friend told me once that he and the lovely Mrs. budwom greatly enjoy their craft brews...

Well, budwom covets (and sequesters) his craft ales, and, IIRC, his resplendent bride would prefer a glass of chardonnay.

Is mattman lurking in various northeast craft brew establishments for the next several days?

Damn, we were several days late for this last month:

https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/471656...man-brewing-co

Is mattman lurking in various northeast craft brew establishments for the next several days?

My understanding was he was headedto the Rockies, but that might be Alternative Facts.

My understanding was he was headedto the Rockies, but that might be Alternative Facts.
    Hmm, I thought it was Bah-ston, rent a car and have a NE beer-cation. We shall see. Either way, he'll be awash in fine suds for several days.

Hmm, I thought it was Bah-ston, rent a car and have a NE beer-cation. We shall see. Either way, he'll be awash in fine suds for several days.
    I made have some dated intel. Regardless, he will return with tales of ales.

Mattman is indeed in the Canadian Rockies right now. No good beer yet, but headed to Banff today.

The NE trip is being planned for August, though it may turn in to a New Orleans trip.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Mattman is indeed in the Canadian Rockies right now. No good beer yet, but headed to Banff today.

The NE trip is being planned for August, though it may turn in to a New Orleans trip.
    I got his beercations, text messaging and Ymm, Beer posts out of order. Looks like we were both correct on the whereabouts of mattman.

MBC/Allagash/Lawson's/Alchemist/Hill Farmstead/fuse's suggestions >>>>>>>>>>>>>Abita. Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post

I thought maybe my stories of June snowstorms in Glacier has dissuaded you.

Tell all the wildlife that I say hello!