Page 603 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 10350355359360160260360460561365370311031603 ... LastLast
Results 12,041 to 12,060 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Exercising a criminal amount of restraint.

Brandy and scotch barrel aged Abyss in local liquor store, along with some Odell rarities I'd never heard of. $25 a pop for the Abyss.

It ought to please the Asheville crowd that Wicked Weed French Toast stout was in the same cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

Brandy and scotch barrel aged Abyss in local liquor store, along with some Odell rarities I'd never heard of. $25 a pop for the Abyss.

It ought to please the Asheville crowd that Wicked Weed French Toast stout was in the same cooler.
    yummm.

I need to compare the Milk and Cookies with the French Toast to see which I like better. Easily my two favorite WW beers.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    yummm.

I need to compare the Milk and Cookies with the French Toast to see which I like better. Easily my two favorite WW beers.
    I'd be happy to help you...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Black Balsam Porter-Innovation Brewing

Drink regional!

Many thanks to ricks68 for delivering this about 6 weeks ago.

The bomber was divided over 2 nights and was about $5-6, a very fair price. Poured a dark brown with a smallish, tan head. Mild aromas of coffee and milk chocolate and moderate tastes of the same to match. I have no ingredient list so I don't know if any balsam was added in the brewing process but I could be talked into a bit of pine in the finish. IBUs were 30 and the ABV is 5.5%, both standard fare for the style. I'd pair this with a half rack of ribs, some brisket or any portion of grilled bovine creature, rubbed and medium rare, please.

Innovation Circumnavigation Double IPA

I don't recall having an Innovation beer before- if so, it was almost certainly courtesy of ricks68 and devildeac.

Has almost a coconut-y nose.

A bit of an astringent finish.

Dated 11-20-2016.

An unusual double IPA.
    Don't feel strongly enough to recommend it, and certainly wouldn't warn anyone away. This may be a "figure it out for yourself" beer.

I think I have one more Innovation beer left (a porter?) and I am looking forward to trying it to get a better sense of the brewery.

Cheers!
    Circumnavigation Double IPA-Innovation Brewing

Yet another fine reason for Ymm, Beer. Discussion/debate/comparison. Yes, I am slow/late again .

My nose and taste buds whisper "pineapple, tangerine and mandarin orange slices" to me. But, the power of suggestion with "coconut" certainly makes me consider this as one of the flavors, too. Pour was from a bomber and divided over two nights. Color was a hazy, orange-yellow, head was moderate and creamy. There was a bit of tropical and citrusy juicy sweetness in the body and the finish is somewhat bitter as my fellow beer nerd/knurd observes above. IBU are 80 and the ABV is 8.2% on the label (but 8.4% on their website). I should have paired this (instead of the Black Balsam Porter) with the couple spicy chicken soft tacos I had for dinner tonight.

Another nice drop from ricks68 last month at about $9-10 for the bomber. Thanks!

Nice award for Bond Brothers Brewing Company in Cary:

http://www.newsobserver.com/living/f...139144833.html

And to think a couple Ymm, Beer participants attended their grand opening.

May 2016 Release of BBA Sexual Chocolate

Exactly what you would expect. Fantastic flavor from the bourbon barrel aging.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

47 bottles of posts, err, beers on the wall...

(ricks68 might be the only one who "gets" this)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Exactly what you would expect. Fantastic flavor from the bourbon barrel aging.
    Sounds marvelous. Open invitation to a 2017 FB tailgate. With something from Stella Brew, of course. Along with richardjackson199 and his lovely bride...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    47 bottles of posts, err, beers on the wall...

(ricks68 might be the only one who "gets" this)
    Just got home from playing golf in Black Mountain and stopping by post-game at Pisgah for a Winter Warmer. So, I now, coincidentally, check on this thread to see how close my prediction is turning out. Well, I think I got it made. devildeac is down to 35 bottles of posts on the wall with 7 days left in March. Looks like he should run out of bottles in just a few days to hit the magic 20 thou and my prediction will be validated. (Wish I was as good for March madness.)

I think everyone should honor devildeac with a beer toast when the magic moment occurs! I know I will.

ricks

Even though Mattman has a few WW beers that he likes out of probably hundreds that they have produced by now, I don't think the "Asheville Crowd" admits that a Shopping Channel brew is considered to be a local product------even though their brewery is physically located here. Now, the local crowd that formally had a pimple problem, is another matter, as they probably are big supporters-----whether they have tasted some of their brews or not.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Just got home from playing golf in Black Mountain and stopping by post-game at Pisgah for a Winter Warmer. So, I now, coincidentally, check on this thread to see how close my prediction is turning out. Well, I think I got it made. devildeac is down to 35 bottles of posts on the wall with 7 days left in March. Looks like he should run out of bottles in just a few days to hit the magic 20 thou and my prediction will be validated. (Wish I was as good for March madness.)

I think everyone should honor devildeac with a beer toast when the magic moment occurs! I know I will.

ricks
    I won't announce it but I'll bet you will.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I won't announce it but I'll bet you will.
    We could have a discussion about it, and while that is happening, your latest milestone will be reached. Quite an accomplishment.😨

ricks

Stopped by the Olde Hickory Station today and had some great new stuff. They have a new porter that is outstanding and also an outstanding new imperial stout.

ricks

2016 scotch barrel aged abyss

Pours inky black with a thick head that lasted for 15 minutes while I let it warm up.

Nose is scotch, vanilla, and maybe anise/licorice.

Rich mouthfeel.
    Coffee aftertaste.

The scotch, cherry bark, and licorice notes blend to a wonderful melange of indescribable flavour.

Lethal at 12.3%.

Cheers!

2016 scotch barrel aged abyss

Pours inky black with a thick head that lasted for 15 minutes while I let it warm up.

Nose is scotch, vanilla, and maybe anise/licorice.

Rich mouthfeel.
    Coffee aftertaste.

The scotch, cherry bark, and licorice notes blend to a wonderful melange of indescribable flavour.

Lethal at 12.3%.

Cheers!
    Sounds amazing. I'll check the store in KY, just outside of Cincinnati, that shipped me the 2015 Abyss, to see $$ and availability.

Tough to compete with a Scotch barrel aged Abyss but I'll give it a try.

Black Note Stout-Bell's Brewery

A rare one but I was able to obtain a single last September from the Bottle Revolution lottery as a beer club member and couldn't restrain myself any longer last Thursday night.

Pour was almost black with a thin rim of a head in my Founder's snifter. Aromas of dark chocolate fudge and bourbon. Mouthfeel was a bit thin but the rich tastes of semi-sweet chocolate, a bit of espresso with a warming, bourbon finish made this worth the somewhat spendy acquisition cost of $6 for the 12 ounce bottle way easier to handle. I'll guess 50 IBUs and the ABV on the bottle was 10.8% and a very dangerously sippable BBA imperial stout. A decadent dessert in a glass or round up the usual chocolate and/or caramel suspect baked goods to accompany. Not sure I'd get 4 of these for $24 but certainly worth a single to enjoy shortly after buying or waiting 6-12 months to consume like I did.

Dead Guy in a can? Gotta be a joke in there somewhere.

Dead Guy Ale-Rogue Ales

I haven't had one of these in a decade or more and was happy to see a 12 ounce can included in my March beer club 4 pack.

Pour was a very slightly cloudy orange-yellow with a single finger, eggwhite head. Mildly earthy, bready nose with butterscotchy, floral, toasted, bready tastes. It's a Maibock style lager and the IBUs are a tad high at 40 but the ABV is in line with the style at 6.8%. Would pair nicely with BBQ chicken, lightly spiced ribs and, of course, almost any type of burger.