Page 593 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 9349354358359159259359459560364369310931593 ... LastLast
Results 11,841 to 11,860 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

New addition to the vault:

beer_459754.jpg

Might get starter's minutes tomorrow night...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Deep River Twisted River Wit

A Deep River offering I had not previously seen. Pretty standard Belgian-style wheat beer. Pours cloudy gold; off-white head. Nice notes of banana and clove. Would be a great summer beer. 4.5% ABV. I wouldn't go out of my way to track it down, but I also wouldn't turn it down if offered.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    A Deep River offering I had not previously seen. Pretty standard Belgian-style wheat beer. Pours cloudy gold; off-white head. Nice notes of banana and clove. Would be a great summer beer. 4.5% ABV. I wouldn't go out of my way to track it down, but I also wouldn't turn it down if offered.
    Looks like Big Lick off tap for a visit 2/22 as they're only open Thurs-Sat so we'll likely visit Parkway or Soaring Ridge for dinner/pint before settling into hotel Wednesday night, hoping to witness orange juice being made.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Looks like Big Lick off tap for a visit 2/22 as they're only open Thurs-Sat so we'll likely visit Parkway or Soaring Ridge for dinner/pint before settling into hotel Wednesday night, hoping to witness orange juice being made.
    Too bad about Big Lick. I have not visited Parkway, but have had some of their beer. Decent stuff. I'd do Soaring Ridge, but that's just me. It was a fun place with good beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Too bad about Big Lick. I have not visited Parkway, but have had some of their beer. Decent stuff. I'd do Soaring Ridge, but that's just me. It was a fun place with good beer.
    Soaring Ridge it'll be. Closer to hotel, prolly closer to some restaurants and more conducive to game-watching. Will be in touch about Wednesday AM meet-up possibilities.

Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA-New Belgium Brewing Company

CameronBornAndBred inspired me to look for this with some recent texting and Total Wine tempted me to buy a 6er with by buck off coupon yesterday so I'm out $8. A very nice drop. Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a pint glass and appeared golden-yellow with a generous, foamy head. Enticing aromas of citrus and tropical fruits with a bit of pine. Mango, peach and grapefruit tastes with a bit of honey and a hint of resin. Pretty evenly balanced at 70 IBUs and 9% ABV. Serve with some mildly spicy Asian food or some grilled tuna or salmon with a fruited/peppery salsa. I'll save a couple more for myself and trade/gift the other 3 from the litter.

Cool article on the saturation point for beer in Asheville.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/n...ille/97964520/

Good read. I found some of the comments from Green Man's owner to be very interesting.

Brooklyn Soriachi Ace

Imagine my delight when I found Soriachi Ace in 12oz six packs in the grocery store no less, instead of the 750ml bottles I used to buy.

Smells like fresh mown hay and lemon.
    Light, silky notes of lemon interwoven with a sweet barnyard finish.

It had been a long time since I had Soriachi Ace, or really any Brooklyn beer.
    The Local 1 and Local 2 from Brooklyn were a revelation at the time.

Such an underrated brewery and underrated beer.
    If you like farmhouse/saison style beer, you owe it to yourself to seek out a bottle of Soriachi Ace.

New Belgium Whizbang

Beer.

Disappointing.

An impressively, gloriously clear gold.

A nice pine hoppy nose.
    Oddly bitter, just doesn't hit the palate quite right.

Not a bad beer. Just way too much beer out there to waste time on average beer.

Hmmm, may not be Soaring Ridge Brewing after all tomorrow evening pre-game if we hike at Pilot Mountain and head to Roanoke via I-77 and I-81. Looks like Parkway Brewing may be a bit closer and more enticing with such brews as Get Bent Mountain IPA, 4 Damn Fights to a Pint Double IPA (165 IBUs), Barrel Aged Magella (11.1% ABV) and Fortification Barrel Aged Barley Wine (12.5% ABV) on draft...

Hmmm, may not be Soaring Ridge Brewing after all tomorrow evening pre-game if we hike at Pilot Mountain and head to Roanoke via I-77 and I-81. Looks like Parkway Brewing may be a bit closer and more enticing with such brews as Get Bent Mountain IPA, 4 Damn Fights to a Pint Double IPA (165 IBUs), Barrel Aged Magella (11.1% ABV) and Fortification Barrel Aged Barley Wine (12.5% ABV) on draft...
    Man, I would love a can/bottle of Get Bent IPA.

Really enjoying the Highland Southern Sixer IPA.

I think I like it a bit more than Devildeac

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Looks like it's on draft with Orange and Grapefruit variations, too, in addition to the regular Get Bent.

I'll see if they package any of their beverages.

Really enjoying the Highland Southern Sixer IPA.

I think I like it a bit more than Devildeac
    Soooo, many IPAs, so little time, so few hepatocytes .

Yes, Parkway (in Salem) will be closer if you are driving that route. Was wondering why you were coming all the way over to W-S just to get to Roanoke; now I understand. I have had the Get Bent (solid IPA) and their "Moment on the Lips" holiday porter, but have not been to their facility. Will be curious to hear how you like it.

New Brewery Announced for W-S

No, we're not keeping pace with Asheville, but we're not nearing the saturation point, either. So this announcement of the Fiddlin' Fish Brewing Company is welcome news to my eyes (and taste buds).
    Last edited by Tripping William; 02-22-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Done .

From 4/23/14:

Chillwave Double IPA-Great Lakes Brewing

May not be the best beer I've ever had like one of fuse's friends claims but this is an excellent DIPA. I'd love to taste test this with DFH 90 Minute and Lake Erie Monster. Poured a golden-straw color with a modest head and upfront aromas of fresh grapefruit and honey and tastes to match. Three hops and three malts, both in massive quantities, as the IBUs are 80 and the ABV is 9.4%. There's a bit of mango and papaya both on the olfactory and gustatory scales which makes for a very well balanced brew. Serve with spicy fare as this brew will stand up to about anything, or, sip for a nightcap by itself or with some hard, aged cheeses. If I see a 4 pack, I'd buy it, or gladly accept one or two from my son next month if he doesn't drink his extras up before we see him again.

Read all about it here:

https://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/up...eet%202014.pdf
    From 2/20/17:

Well, finally found a 4 pack of this again at Total Wine for about $11 with my buck off coupon on Sunday. Tropical and citrus juice aromas and lots of sweet grapefruit, orange and tropical tastes to tickle the tongue. ABV down a bit at 9% and IBUs the same. Delicious IIPA.

Magella (draft)-Parkway Brewing Company

Medium to dark brown draft of a Belgian-style dark, strong ale without a head into a 13 ounce snifter for $5. IBUs at 48 (I'd have guessed 20) with the ABV at 11.1%. That's a nice price/bargain. Banana, clove, dark brown sugar aromas with dried, dark fruity and rummy tastes. I was driving or else I'd have likely started with a For Lovers Only RIS at 9.5% ABV and finished with the Magella. I did however pick up a 6er of Get Bent (I'm looking at you, mattman ) and 2 bombers of Fortification, a whiskey barrel aged barleywine (I'm looking at fuse now )