Page 535 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 3543548552553353453553653754558563510351535 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,700 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    fuse, Two Naked Women, color me impressed
    Well, not quite, sir. He started with Two Women and then got Totally Naked. Or something like that.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    That's a lot of coffee beer. Guess you intend to stay up until the end of the fun tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hopefully, the 8.3% ABV of the Breakfast Stout will be > the mg of caffeine.

The other 2 have about worn off by now. I hope.
    Breakfast Stout gone. Chilling a 2015 Narwhal for 10-15 minutes. No coffee added to that one. Hope that'll do it.

Confident Ymm, Beer has no chance of catching 2016 politics thread now.

Beer, it isn't just for breakfast anymore?

Why no confidence? We've got until 2020.
    Last edited by devildeac; 11-09-2016 at 07:49 AM.

It's a shame that thread is locked. One/both of us could make a visit over there and offer an open spot at the bar here with thousands of selections of drafts and bottles, from local, regional, national and even international sources. Plenty of seats available. We discuss happy, fun beers like fruited wheats and lambics and farmhouse ales not named Mantra. We also have available sours for those with unhappy faces in addition to very bitter offerings like IPAs and DIPAs. Come one, come all. There'll be no polls about who's going to drink the mostest/bestest beers for the remainder of 2016 and all of 2017 or who's going to lead the thread with IBUs or ABVs. We'll not worry about what Euro brews might not be available because of import restrictions nor will we argue (much) about tastes great/less filling. Our biggest controversy here so far, IIRC, has been whether (hot) peppers belong in hand-crafted ales or not . I'm looking forward to 4 more years of new (and a few old) beers. Prosit!

Why no confidence? We've got until 2020.
    I figured 4 years of possible complaining means never catching up.

I figured 4 years of possible complaining means never catching up.
    And that also could very well be true.

Ymm, Beer from Virginia

I don't post much, and never on this thread...but I do love a good brew. And luckily I live near Richmond and Scott's Addition, now home to dozens of craft brewery's.

My favorite is Hardywood - their barrel aged Bourbon Barrell Cru, it is fantastic. 12%+ abv, 18 ibu, only comes in 1pt 9.4 fl oz. Sunset orange hue, the label claims "brewed in the fashion of the abbey quadruple." It's smokey, dark cherries, smooth, notes of bourbon. On sale last time I went to the brewery for $11.

Another favorite is from Ardent, their black pepper series...my favorite is their bourbon barrel honey ginger brew. 11.5% abv, 18 ibu, 750ml bottle. Sweeter than the cru, it also has a smokey, bourbon note, but a sweet after taste...also smooth.

There are so many other favorites from around town - Isely's "Choosey Mothers" peanut butter porter...Hardywood's Gingerbread Stout, and from outside Richmond one of my favorite lagers, Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager.

Come to Virginia and enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I don't post much, and never on this thread...but I do love a good brew. And luckily I live near Richmond and Scott's Addition, now home to dozens of craft brewery's.

My favorite is Hardywood - their barrel aged Bourbon Barrell Cru, it is fantastic. 12%+ abv, 18 ibu, only comes in 1pt 9.4 fl oz. Sunset orange hue, the label claims "brewed in the fashion of the abbey quadruple." It's smokey, dark cherries, smooth, notes of bourbon. On sale last time I went to the brewery for $11.

Another favorite is from Ardent, their black pepper series...my favorite is their bourbon barrel honey ginger brew. 11.5% abv, 18 ibu, 750ml bottle. Sweeter than the cru, it also has a smokey, bourbon note, but a sweet after taste...also smooth.

There are so many other favorites from around town - Isely's "Choosey Mothers" peanut butter porter...Hardywood's Gingerbread Stout, and from outside Richmond one of my favorite lagers, Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager.

Thanks for sharing! Post/visit this thread more.

Hardywood is an outstanding brewery and I've had several of their ales before but not for 2-3 years as they don't distribute in NC and our favorite Richmond beer mule, duketaylor, never visits us any more at tailgates .

Never heard of Ardent but that brew sounds delicious. Devil's Backbone started distributing in NC earlier this year, IIRC, and I've had their Skull-Crushing Ape recently and found it highly palatable.

From 12/8/15:

2015 Narwhal-Sierra Nevada Brewing

Drink local/regional!

Poured a dark brownish-mahogany-ruby from a 12 ounce bottle into a pint glass with an almost latte-colored, foamy head. Aromas of baker's cocoa, dark chocolate and espresso with matching tastes, perhaps a touch too much coffee presence to make my top 10 RIS stout list but a really solid entry into the field. I think I got this for about $11 with my buck off coupon at Total Wine several weeks ago and wouldn't hesitate buying again. IBUs still listed at 60 and ABV at 10.2%. I've got 3 more for sharing/trading over the holiday season. Pairs with the usual suspects or wonderful alone. I'm really anxious to taste the BBA edition of this that ricks68 picked up earlier this fall and delivered at the Pitt tailgate. Here are the ingredients:

YEAST Ale yeast
    BITTERING HOPS Magnum, Challenger
    FINISHING HOPS Challenger
    MALTS Two-row Pale, Caramel, Chocolate, Honey, Carafa, Roasted Barley

From last PM:

Narwhal (2015))-Sierra Nevada Brewing

Shared with our younger daughter. I don't think much has changed after a year in the bottle. Perhaps a bit smoother but still a ton of coffee and dark chocolate notes. Big, big beer. Sip slowly and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    What y'all drinking?

(Slightly off-topic, I actually have started with a delicious Napa cab.)
    We drank straight up Grey Goose martinis at Vin Rouge, but certainly needed more after they closed!

ricks

Having a Pliny The Elder at the Regal Beagle. Was hoping they might have Alpine Beer Company's HFS*, but I settled for a politician more palatable than the alternatives.

If you are in San Diego and like beer, visit the Regal Beagle.

*Holy Fracking Schnitzel, approximately

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Having a Pliny The Elder at the Regal Beagle. Was hoping they might have Alpine Beer Company's HFS*, but I settled for a politician more palatable than the alternatives.

Just a salute for enjoying what by reputation is a world class beer! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post

Love Hardywood when I can get it.

Have a gingerbread stout I am saving to share with my pastor, who knows the founders.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post

Are you the poster who commented a year or two ago that every winter a random keg of Pliny the Younger appears at a pub near you? If so, welcome back to the thread and best of luck finding it again this winter!

Sure wish we could get Russian River to distribute in the Triangle area.

Should be some heavyweights again at tailgate tonight. Bring a bottle or three and join us.

Hardywood

This beer mule currently has three bottles of Gingerbread Stout, Blackberry Stout and CRU sitting in the garage awaiting an opportunity to share. Thought about venturing to Derm this evening but isn't gonna happen. Will keep them ready for a basketball visit.
    Won a couple of gift cards to a local growler shop, so will find a couple unique brews to try.

GO DEVILS!!!!! GTHC, GTH!!!!! 9F9F9F!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    This beer mule currently has three bottles of Gingerbread Stout, Blackberry Stout and CRU sitting in the garage awaiting an opportunity to share. Thought about venturing to Derm this evening but isn't gonna happen. Will keep them ready for a basketball visit.
    Won a couple of gift cards to a local growler shop, so will find a couple unique brews to try.

GO DEVILS!!!!! GTHC, GTH!!!!! 9F9F9F!!!
    We didn't drink your 2014 Smoking Wood on Saturday so I'll re-offer tonight. That means I still owe you for a 750 ml bottle.

We didn't drink your 2014 Smoking Wood on Saturday so I'll re-offer tonight. That means I still owe you for a 750 ml bottle.
    This is a great beer. I think one is bourbon barrels, and one is rye.

Asheville friends, this may be worth your while:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/alpha-h...on-28257105764