Page 531 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 3143148152152953053153253354158163110311531 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,620 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Attachment 6801

She should be at tailgate tomorrow.
    If this one is not too expensive, how about picking me up a bottle for my attorney. Seems like an appropriate gift.😄 Also, what is it and is it any good, by the way?

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    If this one is not too expensive, how about picking me up a bottle for my attorney. Seems like an appropriate gift.😄 Also, what is it and is it any good, by the way?

ricks
    I see that Yazoo brews it and rate beer likes it, but I may not. Still think it would be a pretty interesting gift for an attorney named Johnny, or even Sue.

ricks

If this one is not too expensive, how about picking me up a bottle for my attorney. Seems like an appropriate gift.�� Also, what is it and is it any good, by the way?

ricks
    I see that Yazoo brews it and rate beer likes it, but I may not. Still think it would be a pretty interesting gift for an attorney named Johnny, or even Sue.

ricks
    Available in TN only, AFAIK. Fuse has a bottle and I have a bottle so you're SOL unless you can get it in Beer City II or head across the border and purchase some yourself.

Haven't had it yet but will report after tailgate tomorrow.

Not too late to come join us. I think we'll starting serving food around 1230 for the 1530 KO. Beer starts flowing about then, too, unless you're one of our chefs, then it starts flowing when they get there.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Sitting in the Yard House in Indy, enjoying a nice 3 Floyds Gumballhead.

From the brewer:

An American wheat beer with a refreshing, crisp citrus finish. This delicious session beer is brewed with boatloads of Amarillo hops.

Style: Wheat Beer
    IBU 35 ABV 5.6%

My first 3 Floyds, and it's a nice beer!

Had the Sun King Wee Mac on my first night here while watching Game 7 of the WS. Always one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Sitting in the Yard House in Indy, enjoying a nice 3 Floyds Gumballhead.

From the brewer:

An American wheat beer with a refreshing, crisp citrus finish. This delicious session beer is brewed with boatloads of Amarillo hops.

Style: Wheat Beer
    IBU 35 ABV 5.6%

My first 3 Floyds, and it's a nice beer!

Had the Sun King Wee Mac on my first night here while watching Game 7 of the WS. Always one of my favorites.
    You're a long way from Munster but they had a great draft list (including my first and likely only tasting of Dark Lord) at the brewery when we visited in September. Worth seeing what one of the craft beer shops in Indy might have of 3 Floyds brews to take home with you if you drove up there.

(any report from the COI about the cheaters?)

Now sampling Busted Knuckle from Quaff On Brewing.

From the brewer:

ABV 7.2% IBU 27.

Busted Knuckle was created to be Quaffed. It is the everyday, all occasion beer of choice for guys and gals on both sides of the beer aisle. Busted Knuckle has been called a smooth porter, but it is really in a category of its own with a rich complex flavor and smooth slightly sweet finish that defies comparison to other beers.
    It's good - I'm a sucker for a good porter - but it's not as good as the Ninja Porter from Asheville Brewing, which is the standard by which I judge all porters. It feels more..."thin" than I think a porter should be.

Not a miss by much, but still a slight miss in my book. I'm still going to finish it, mind you

You're a long way from Munster but they had a great draft list (including my first and likely only tasting of Dark Lord) at the brewery when we visited in September. Worth seeing what one of the craft beer shops in Indy might have of 3 Floyds brews to take home with you if you drove up there
    I flew, so I'll probably refrain trying to fly back with anything. Don't think I won't keep an eye out while I'm here! I don't leave until Tuesday.

(any report from the COI about the cheaters?)
    (Not yet. This first meeting is a collection of faculty who work with athletics (FARs), while my meeting starting Monday is with the NCAA staff and 10ish members of the D2 Legislation Committee. I hope to pull some staff over then and see what I can coerce from them!)

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Now sampling Busted Knuckle from Quaff On Brewing.

From the brewer:

It's good - I'm a sucker for a good porter - but it's not as good as the Ninja Porter from Asheville Brewing, which is the standard by which I judge all porters. It feels more..."thin" than I think a porter should be.

Not a miss by much, but still a slight miss in my book. I'm still going to finish it, mind you

I flew, so I'll probably refrain trying to fly back with anything. Don't think I won't keep an eye out while I'm here! I don't leave until Tuesday.

(Not yet. This first meeting is a collection of faculty who work with athletics (FARs), while my meeting starting Monday is with the NCAA staff and 10ish members of the D2 Legislation Committee. I hope to pull some staff over then and see what I can coerce from them!)
    I suspect you'll massively sporked should you extract any info next week. Of course, you may be forever shunned should you obtain no valuable facts/rumors/innuendoes.

I have more beer for fuse and ricks68 in my garage. Again.

(no offense to mattman)

Speedway Stout (draft)-Alesmith Brewing Company

Almost pitch black, thick/viscous. Coffee and dark chocolate scents. Espresso, toasted pumpernickel, semi-sweet chocolate, dark caramel, dried dark fruits, moderate alcohol burn, oily and chewy flavors and sensations that intensified as my $5 half pint warmed over 20-30 minutes. IBUs 70 and ABV 12%. Forget dessert. Well, maybe a small triple chocolate brownie square would be good with this . I'm glad ricks68 didn't want the second 750 ml corked and caged bottle I bought today in his holiday gift pack .

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    New Glarus Scream IIPA

Smells very pineapple-y.

The new hop trend bears fruit with Scream.
    Only mildly bitter, and kind of tastes like juicy fruit gum with a hoppy bitter nibble at the end.

Really creamy mouthfeel as well.

Happy Halloween all!
    Scream-New Glarus Brewing

Another winner from New Glarus. My next trip to Wisconsin may yield two 4 packs of everything from their Thumbprint Series if the remainder match the reviews here of this, Zwickel and Apple Ale.

Pour was an orange-bronze with a generous, foamy head. I'll see fuse's pineapple and raise him 2 mangoes, 1 papaya and a slice of guava both on the nose and on the tongue. Sweet, bitter and oily like a fresh IIPA should be. IBUs listed at 85 and ABV at 8.5%, a very well-balanced brew on paper and out of a pint glass. This would be very pleasant with spicy fare but was quite enjoyable by itself a couple nights ago.

http://draftmag.com/the-top-25-beers-of-2016/#slide-1

Disappointed to have tried none, and only heard of a few.

Interesting list.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    http://draftmag.com/the-top-25-beers-of-2016/#slide-1

Disappointed to have tried none, and only heard of a few.

Interesting list.
    Fascinating list. I saw the Avery Vanilla Bean Stout yesterday at Bottle Revolution but already had my 4 pack from the November beer club so I passed. I'm surprised, no, maybe shocked, that you hadn't imbibed the WW Angel of Darkness. Can't say I've head of any more than those 2 but we could get partial credit with the Deschutes/Hair of the Dog collabeeration as the Deschutes portion is The Abyss .

Fascinating list. I saw the Avery Vanilla Bean Stout yesterday at Bottle Revolution but already had my 4 pack from the November beer club so I passed. I'm surprised, no, maybe shocked, that you hadn't imbibed the WW Angel of Darkness. Can't say I've head of any more than those 2 but we could get partial credit with the Deschutes/Hair of the Dog collabeeration as the Deschutes portion is The Abyss .
    Never seen it on the shelf- was one of the few I knew.

Wookey Jack making an appearance at tailgate tomorrow...

More From SoFla

Cigar City Jai Alai--Remains good.

Cigar City Brown Ale--Remains especially good.

Due South Lager--First time I have had this beer, or anything from Due South for that matter. Decent lager; at 4.6% ABV it's a nice beach beer. Nothing to write home about (or is that "about which to write home"?), but okay to review in this thread.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Mantra Brewing (TN) Amour Rouge Flanders Red style sour ale

Spoiled vinegar nose with some hay and dark fruit sweetness

Tawny brown in the glass.
    Poured with a decent head that fizzled fast.

Label says ready now or age 1-2 years.

Thin and watery on the palate, an obviously low alcohol beer.

A mild sour for sure. Might serve as a decent introduction to sour beer for someone.

Falls into the glad I tried it and not a very good beer category.
    Likely means I will try to churn through the other two from Mantra (a farmhouse and a saffron IPA) quickly.

If you diluted a Rodenbach Grand Cru with about 2/3 water, that is about as complementary as I can be with this beer (I really enjoy Rodenbach Grand Cru and would never deliberately dilute it).

I suspect since I'll never know that trying this a year from now may have yielded a better experience.

I'll be really curious what devildeac thinks when he tries this beer.

Wookey Jack making an appearance at tailgate tomorrow...
    Unless I drink it tonight.

Just kidding, I bought two.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Unless I drink it tonight.

Just kidding, I bought two.
    Noooooo!!

Oh good, you bought an extra.