Page 515 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1541546550551351451551651752556561510151515 ... LastLast
Results 10,281 to 10,300 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

I'm almost embarrassed to admit I just picked up 2 mixed New Glarus 12 packs from one one my patients. Almost.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That'd be a great celebratory brew.
    Changed my mind, I'm going with the Farking Wheaton Wootstout. 22oz bomber, 13% . Recommended by ricks68.

More later...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Changed my mind, I'm going with the Farking Wheaton Wootstout. 22oz bomber, 13% . Recommended by ricks68.

More later...
    If you polish off that whole bomber, there won't be any later. It'll be tomorrow .

Deshutes Autumn IPA

On a visit to Roanoke, and the Star City is now all about Deshutes. This an interesting "marzenbier style" IPA. A lovely brownish orange color, and a very nice balance of Oktoberfest and hops. 7.0% ABV and 60 IBU. A tasty way to drown out the debacle at Wally Wade.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

I'm almost embarrassed to admit I just picked up 2 mixed New Glarus 12 packs from one one my patients. Almost.
    I'm willing to relieve you of any embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    On a visit to Roanoke, and the Star City is now all about Deshutes. This an interesting "marzenbier style" IPA. A lovely brownish orange color, and a very nice balance of Oktoberfest and hops. 7.0% ABV and 60 IBU. A tasty way to drown out the debacle at Wally Wade.
    Debacle was right.

Flanders Red-Destihl Brewing

Yea, yea, yea, I've reviewed it before and really too recently to warrant reposting but, that really sour game today was worth a really sour beer tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I'm willing to relieve you of any embarrassment
    I was hoping you'd say that...

Uncle Bert's (draft/crowler)-New Holland Brewing

Buy/drink local!

Draft only specimen available only from their brewpub on 8th Street in Holland, MI and transported back to NC last week after our football, botanical garden beercation. This was my 32 ounce contribution to Brunchgate yesterday. Poured from a can and divided 4 ways in our respective pint glasses/plastic cups. It's an amber/red lager so the appearance was a light, ruby-brown hue with a moderate, foamy head. Toasted bread and herbal scents with earthy, piney and multigrain bready tastes. More bitterness than I expected, guessing 40 IBUs with a sessionable ABV of 5.3%. Made a nice pairing with a couple slightly hot suasage/cheese balls, apple strudel and a small slice of breakfast pizza. There's one of these in the beverage assortment for fuse later today.

Single Origin Coffee Stout-Terrapin Beer Company

Interesting concept with 4 different locations providing the beans for each member of the mixed 4 packs they're marketing. Yesterday, August West was kind enough to provide the Kona Hawaii version and then trade me one of the others that I'll sip later this week. Or next. Or next month. Pour was a somewhat thin, dark brown elixir with a modest tan head and moderate coffee aromas, followed with coffee all the way through the sampling. Maybe some mild earthy, resinous hop bitterness and a hint of chocolate. IBUs of 30 and ABV of 5.7% from their website, cuz it for sure ain't on the bottle . Good pairing with our egg strata and French toast casserole. Pass the cream and sugar! Thanks!

From 12/3/15:

WnB (2015)-Terrapin Beer Company

More commonly known as Wake-n-Bake (or Why Not Breakfast as queried on their web site), this coffee oatmeal imperial stout is part of their Monster Beer Tour series. Poured an almost black hue and brewed with a variety of international coffee beans from Jittery Joe's Coffee in Athens, GA. My first thought is pass the cream and sugar but it really needs neither. Heavy aromas upfront of dark roasted coffee and some semi-sweet chocolate. Moderate, tan, foamy head with tastes pretty much the same as the scents with some slightly burned notes and booze. Moderate bitterness at 50 IBUs and potent at 9.4% ABV. Nugget hops are the only variety listed and there are a lot of grains as expected, including 2-Row Pale, Crystal 85, flaked barley, flaked oats, Chocolate, Black, roasted barley. The oats lend a smooth, almost silky mouthfeel. Outstanding liquid dessert or as a beverage to be sipped slightly chilled with a decadent double or triple chocolate dessert. August West gets a multi-snifter salute for this contribution as it made another nice pairing with multiple breakfast items yesterday, despite my claims from last year stating it's a dessert beverage or that you should pair with chocolate desserts .

Saving the best for last...

Of course .

Devildeac is slowly moving his way up my list of top ten most expensive beer purchases

In all seriousness, full of gratitude for devildeac making space to bring back a variety of beer I'd otherwise never had the opportunity to try.

Devildeac is slowly moving his way up my list of top ten most expensive beer purchases

In all seriousness, full of gratitude for devildeac making space to bring back a variety of beer I'd otherwise never had the opportunity to try.
    Slowly? Guess I should have bought a full case of Bells' Wild Sour Raspberry Ale.

We'll have to take a longer trip next time .

Or buy a bigger crossover vehicle.

Or maybe rent that 15' truck after all...

Our trip was fun for so many reasons: visiting and hanging out with family and some DBR friends, seeing a couple Duke FB games, re-visiting Chicago, crossing a couple more botanical gardens and states off our 50 state visitation bucket list and beer hunting. I'm thankful you're such a beer knurd and shouldered a lion's share of the bounty with me. Wait until ricks68 and mattman91 get their bills .

Saving the best for last...

Of course .
    James Bean-Allagash Brewing

Think BBA Triple Overhead run through a Randall full of your favorite coffee beans. Take the Allagash Tripel, incubate it in some old Jim Bean barrels and then add cold press local coffee. Pour from a corked and caged 750 ml bottler was a cloudy, straw color with a generous, lacy, fizzy head that lingered throughout most of my 1st (and 2nd ) 5 ounce pourings. Nose of banana, orange, whiskey and a light roast java. Taste was a cornucopia of flavors, included the expected bananas, light/medium brown sugar, a little black pepper, orange, booze, toasted coconut, vanilla with a very subtle, but noticeable coffee finish. August West graciously contributed this delightful concoction and he and I consumed most of his offering. I'll guess IBUs of 20 and the ABV was 10.8%. Definitely a nightcap (even though we sipped this at noon ) or dessert beverage. Ingredients below:

Grains: Allagash 2-Row Malted Barley Blend
    Hops: Tettnang and Hallertau
    Spices/Other: White Cane Sugar, Cold-Brewed Coffee
    Yeast: House

So happy to have sampled this after our younger son-in-law raved about it a couple weeks ago on draft at Tyler's in Carrboro and had a very small sip myself at Bottle Revolution shortly thereafter.

Slowly? Guess I should have bought a full case of Bells' Wild Sour Raspberry Ale.

We'll have to take a longer trip next time .

Or buy a bigger crossover vehicle.

Or maybe rent that 15' truck after all...

Our trip was fun for so many reasons: visiting and hanging out with family and some DBR friends, seeing a couple Duke FB games, re-visiting Chicago, crossing a couple more botanical gardens and states off our 50 state visitation bucket list and beer hunting. I'm thankful you're such a beer knurd and shouldered a lion's share of the bounty with me. Wait until ricks68 and mattman91 get their bills .
    Guess my delivery fee from Innovation Brewing just went up.

ricks

James Bean-Allagash Brewing

Think BBA Triple Overhead run through a Randall full of your favorite coffee beans. Take the Allagash Tripel, incubate it in some old Jim Bean barrels and then add cold press local coffee. Pour from a corked and caged 750 ml bottler was a cloudy, straw color with a generous, lacy, fizzy head that lingered throughout most of my 1st (and 2nd ) 5 ounce pourings. Nose of banana, orange, whiskey and a light roast java. Taste was a cornucopia of flavors, included the expected bananas, light/medium brown sugar, a little black pepper, orange, booze, toasted coconut, vanilla with a very subtle, but noticeable coffee finish. August West graciously contributed this delightful concoction and he and I consumed most of his offering. I'll guess IBUs of 20 and the ABV was 10.8%. Definitely a nightcap (even though we sipped this at noon ) or dessert beverage. Ingredients below:

Grains: Allagash 2-Row Malted Barley Blend
    Hops: Tettnang and Hallertau
    Spices/Other: White Cane Sugar, Cold-Brewed Coffee
    Yeast: House

So happy to have sampled this after our younger son-in-law raved about it a couple weeks ago on draft at Tyler's in Carrboro and had a very small sip myself at Bottle Revolution shortly thereafter.
    Had this on draft at Tylers a few reviews back.

A clear reminder that Allagash is a great brewery.

Had this on draft at Tylers a few reviews back.

A clear reminder that Allagash is a great brewery.
    I thought you had but you know me and the search feature . I think I was on call the night I made a bottle purchase or picked up my beer of the month 4 pack at Bottle Revolution and saw it on their electronic beer board and just had to have a taste of it. I echoed your thoughts or quoted you about Allagash and/or great US breweries to August West as we sipped this one on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Guess my delivery fee from Innovation Brewing just went up.

ricks
    I'll see your Innovation delivery fee and raise you interstate transportation fees.

Would you/y'all rank Allagash higher than Bell's?
    I would not.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Would you/y'all rank Allagash higher than Bell's?
    I would not.
    Good question. I would probably say Allagash.