Page 511 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1141146150150951051151251352156161110111511 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,220 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I may have a beer mule headed to Raleigh in a few weeks...fingers crossed
    And I may have some Spotted Cows in my possession...

(Which are nothing like flying pigs )
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    And I may have some Spotted Cows in my possession...

(Which are nothing like flying pigs )
    I hope in devildeac lingo, some means a large herd...

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I hope in devildeac lingo, some means a large herd...
    Mooooooooo...

Unknown Brewing Bright I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. Tank Top

A key lime gose aged in rum barrels. Perhaps the best sour beer I have drunk (although WW Myrtille is right up there). At 4.0% ABV, it's very quaffable. Sold in 16-oz. cans. Find it if you can.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    A key lime gose aged in rum barrels. Perhaps the best sour beer I have drunk (although WW Myrtille is right up there). At 4.0% ABV, it's very quaffable. Sold in 16-oz. cans. Find it if you can.
    First time I've seen the wanker filter in a title...lol.

I'll look for that one. I've really tried to like the gose style. The only one I've enjoyed so far was the Briney Melon Devildeac gave me.

First time I've seen the wanker filter in a title...lol.

I'll look for that one. I've really tried to like the gose style. The only one I've enjoyed so far was the Briney Melon Devildeac gave me.
    Mattman's right-that's farking hilarious.

I may have one left of my Flanders Red by Destihl. I'll wager it'll be (way) more sour than yours but the rum barrel aging will surpass it in overall quality.

Billy Goat Lager (draft)-Who the hell knows who brewed this?

Bought a $3 pint of this to accompany my (double) cheezeborger/cheezeborger at the original Billy Goat Tavern on/under Michigan Avenue yesterday. The staff wouldn't answer my question of who brews it for them, nor could I find the answer on ratebeer or beeradvocate or a couple other breweries to which they directed me. The closest I could come was Berghoff or Minhas and neither of their sites would admit to it . Good reason, too. This wasn't a very good beer but it was better than the 2nd pint I shared with our younger son-in-law. The lager was kinda flat and pale yellow color with a slightly floral and slightly biscuit-y nose. Tastes were light floral and caramel. Not much body and not much bitterness. I'll guess IBUs around 20 and the ABV 4-5%. Not a bad beverage with a pint of water and the double cheezeborger and some BBQ cheeps (no fries). Not one I'd re-visit but OK with the atmosphere .

Been keeping an eye out for this and not seen it yet.

Mattman, if you liked the Briney Melon AV, the blood orange should be out soon and it is excellent.

Mattman, if you liked the Briney Melon AV, the blood orange should be out soon and it is excellent.
    I'll be on the lookout, I've heard good things about that one.

I'll be on the lookout, I've heard good things about that one.
    Westbrook also has a Key Lime gose getting rave reviews. Never seen it, been told it sells out within hours of hitting the shelf.

The newly opened Wayward Brews on the south end of W-S is where I found it over the weekend. I had previously seen announcements from Unknown about its being released, but this was the first I had encountered it for purchase.

And for my original title-tag, I just typed-out what it said right there on the can . . . . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Billy Goat Dark (draft)-Staff wouldn't tell me the brewer

Less palatable than the lager. I split a pint with our younger son-in-law and he didn't like it either. Faint tastes of caramel with no perceived bitterness. Sy my post above or prior page for suspected origins of this (almost fake) beer. Not quite Yecch, Beer but close.

Biere De Miel (draft)-Bells Brewing

Drink local!

This was one of 3 brews they had listed on their plaque board that they kept for themselves at their Eccentric Cafe and didn't distribute to anyone else, if I can believe our server. The cloudy, yellow 12 ounce pour of this saison was $4.50 and had aromas of unripe pears and apples and the tastes matched the scents along with some grassy flavors and a pinch or two of black pepper. I'll guess IBUs of 20 and the ABV was 7.1%. A well done representation of this farmhouse style ale.

Funkadelic #4 (draft)-Corridor Brewing

More local!

A Brettanomyces Biere De Garde aged for 4 months in their Mothership? Oh, my!

This small, warehouse brewery is about 6 blocks from Wrigley Field and was quite the find before the game on Monday night. The pour was $7 for a 16 ounce long-stemmed goblet. Very little head covering a gorgeous red plum/amber color with the expected/typical wet horse blanket, musty, barnyard funkiness on the nose and amazing sour dark cherry, raisins, dates and brown sugar palate-pleasing flavors, all of which were even more prominent as I nursed this delight for about an hour before we walked to see the Cubs play. IBUs were 18 and the ABV was higher than expected for the style at 8.5%. Paired nicely with my 2 small, fried oyster po' boy sliders and a small portion of my wife's mixed green salad, brimming with goat cheese, red beets, orange beets, candied walnuts and craisins.

Bells Eccentric Cafe is ginormous.

Bells Eccentric Cafe is ginormous.
    Founder's eating/imbibing areas are a bit bigger than Bells.

Founder's eating/imbibing areas are a bit bigger than Bells.
    Glad you are moving on to bigger and better beers than the options at the Billy Goat Tavern.

Besides, aren't you supposed to drink Pepsi. No Coke, Pepsi at that fine establishment?
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Glad you are moving on to bigger and better beers than the options at the Billy Goat Tavern.

Besides, aren't you supposed to drink Pepsi. No Coke, Pepsi at that fine establishment?
    LOL.

Yea, the Billy Goat beers were rather disappointing. They did have 2 different Lagunitas bottled beers but I unwisely went with the "local" draft.

I think that's what the original skits said. "No Coke, Pepsi!" Sometime later during the series, I vaguely recall they reversed that and Belushi was barking, "No Pepsi, Coke!"

Out of sequence posting:

Arctic Panzer Wolf (draft)-3 Floyds Brewing

Yes, these folks are dangerously close to I-80/94 in Munster on the way from Chicago to Michigan.

This was a 2 ounce sample "taster" so I could decide between this and the next one.

Pour was yellow-orange with a small, creamy head. Really pungent nose of grapefruits and oranges and tastes to match, along with a fresh, oily mouthfeel and some light caramel and honey. IBUs on the menu at 100 and ABV 9% but frighteningly sippable.

From their website:

"A massive IPA that will leave your palate its hapless victim. Scorched earth is our brewery policy."

Dreadnaught (draft)-3 Floyds Brewing

I liked this half pint better than the Arctic Panzer Wolf, but not by much. This similarly-colored elixir had more tropical-tasting/smelling hops than the APW at least to my palate as I perceived plenty of pineapple, mango, papaya flavors to accompany the balancing act of light caramel and honey-ish, malty sweetness. Another massive IIPA at 100 IBUs and ABV of 9.5%, but still, dangerously drinkable. This short review does not do this beer Justise as it is really an outstanding brew. I'd have bought some bombers or 4 packs of this if available in their to-go area, but alas, it wasn't packaged (and might never be found in cans or bottles).