Page 503 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 340345349350150250350450551355360310031503 ... LastLast
Results 10,041 to 10,060 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I think several breweries make a Scotch ale with the same name.

Wait, are you attending the game today?

(I'm not really wearing a kilt.)
    No can make.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Is it too early for a Fullsteam Coffee is for Closers?

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
    Last edited by Tripping William; 09-03-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Never!

I heard some people have insomnia with that brew if they drink it too close to bedtime .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Not that it took much for me to convince myself, but on a lazy Saturday with no formal plans, th answer is yes.

Pretty much my favorite iced coffee.
    Been in the fridge since May(?) or whenever the last time Fullsteam brewed it.

Only 3 left.

Not that it took much for me to convince myself, but on a lazy Saturday with no formal plans, th answer is yes.

Only 3 left.
    No formal plans?

Put on your kilt and join us at tailgate today!

We could share one of those Fullsteam brews...

Merlindevildog will be there, resplendent in her orange hunting vest adorned with tampons in the ammunition holders .

I think several breweries make a Scotch ale with the same name.

Wait, are you attending the game today?

(I'm not really wearing a kilt.)
    I have confirmed that KILT LIFTER is a registered trademark of Four Peaks Brewing, not that that's the be-all-and-end-all.

But all this talk has convinced me that today is the day to compare Granite Falls' Castle Stormer with Southern Pines' Malty By Nature.

Only 3 left.
    I still have some left from the Super Bowl winnings last year at Fullsteam with dd and Ms dd.😊

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I have confirmed that KILT LIFTER is a registered trademark of Four Peaks Brewing, not that that's the be-all-and-end-all.

But all this talk has convinced me that today is the day to compare Granite Falls' Castle Stormer with Southern Pines' Malty By Nature.
    My September beer club 4 pack is an assortment from Southern Pines Brewing, including Malty By Nature. I'll pick it up next week. The 4 pack, that is, not my kilt .

I learned about this one a decade or so ago:

http://pikebrewing.com/wp-content/up...ottle_WIDE.png

Glad there's been no legal battles. Collaboration, Not Litigation. (Yes, that is the name of a brew.)

Glad there's been no legal battles. Collaboration, Not Litigation. (Yes, that is the name of a brew.)
    Oooh, another one:

kilt_image.jpg

Oooh, another one:

kilt_image.jpg
    And another:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...3/DSC00111.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Actually, all of these have been known and written about for a while. They left off the 32 taps set to go into the yeast distributor place on Charlotte St. that will be for the beer they will also be brewing.

Our new CEO, as of 2 days ago, wil have to deal with that------along with our name change. (Yes, you heard it here first, as promised. More later.)

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Actually, all of these have been known and written about for a while. They left off the 32 taps set to go into the yeast distributor place on Charlotte St. that will be for the beer they will also be brewing.

Our new CEO, as of 2 days ago, wil have to deal with that------along with our name change. (Yes, you heard it here first, as promised. More later.)

ricks
    Yep, I heard about all but a couple of them. Forgot about White Labs starting to brew.

Oooh, another one:

kilt_image.jpg
    Not to go all TM gnurd, but geographic distribution probably explains a lot of this. It's one area in which the law refuses to catch up to the reach of the Interwebz.

Castle Stormer is, hands down (and kilts up?), the better Scottish Ale. Darker. Nicer head. Richer flavor. I have liked Southern Pines' stuff generally (including Malty By Nature), but it just got significantly outclassed.

Not to go all TM gnurd, but geographic distribution probably explains a lot of this. It's one area in which the law refuses to catch up to the reach of the Interwebz.
    I simply like the fact there are several Scotch-style ale with the same name and they haven't filed complaints about copyright/trademark infringement on each other.

Brown Ale-Legend Brewing

Drink regional!

A tip of the mug to Bob Green for this bomber/starter brew to tailgate today. Poured a dark brown with dark caramel, nutty and mild chocolate-y aromas and tastes to match. Nice pairing with my foot long Costco, a TrueBlue'CueCrew tradition. Others had their ~5 ounce samples with wings or ABTs, or both. I'll guess IBUs around 30 and the ABV about 5%, neither being listed on the bottle and I've got too many samples to review tonight to look at their website.

Beer #2-Worth a repost:

Sumatra Mountain-Founders Brewing Company

Fullsteam's Coffee Is For Closers may have met its match . Bought a couple weeks ago with a $1.50 off coupon from Total Wine for about $9 for the 4 pack. It's an imperial brown ale with a mahogany hue, little head and a chocolate-covered coffee bean aroma, followed by thick, nutty, cocoa-y, espresso-like tastes and a dry finish. Listed on the bottle (unusual for Founders): caramel, chocolate, aromatic and Munich malts, flaked barley, German and Perle hops and Sumatra coffee. IBUs are 40, perhaps a tad high for the style and the ABV of 9% is way over the limit for a standard brown ale, hence the imperial designation. I hope I can sleep tonight after 12 ounces of this decadent, boozey nightcap. Maybe I should have saved it for breakfast tomorrow .

Shared this with the tailgate group today with potato salad and some spicy baked beans. Pass the cream and sugar!

Creme Brulee-Southern Tier

Been reviewed a time or 3 here but worth re-visiting. Several of us split this 12 ounce bottle from August West between courses. Thanks! Two ounces each of liquid dessert was just about right. Sweet, sweet dark chocolate which was heavy on the vanilla beans. Early dessert!