Page 491 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 3914414814894904914924935015415919911491 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,820 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Brewgrass tickets secured

Challenge on this thread now that we're ~200 pints, err, posts short of a full barrel, err, 10,000 posts:

Taste a lot, post a lot and look for that best/favorite/most highly-rated beer you can find and post your thoughts/impressions here for #10,000 (or 9,999 or 10,001 even ).
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Challenge on this thread now that we're ~200 pints, err, posts short of a full barrel, err, 10,000 posts:

Taste a lot, post a lot and look for that best/favorite/most highly-rated beer you can find and post your thoughts/impressions here for #10,000 (or 9,999 or 10,001 even ).
    I was hoping maybe one of the Abyss bottles you got me could be #10,000. We will hit that mark well before those beers are matured unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I was hoping maybe one of the Abyss bottles you got me could be #10,000. We will hit that mark well before those beers are matured unfortunately.
    I had one shortly after receiving my shipment, knowing full well it's clearly stated on the bottle: best/enjoy after 12/4/16 or something like that. It was very good but I'm looking forward to that 1 year old tasting. Then the 2 year old tasting, maybe as a vertical or comparison with Silent Night.

I had one shortly after receiving my shipment, knowing full well it's clearly stated on the bottle: best/enjoy after 12/4/16 or something like that. It was very good but I'm looking forward to that 1 year old tasting. Then the 2 year old tasting, maybe as a vertical or comparison with Silent Night.
    I still have a Silent night from last year. Hopefully I can find one this year for a vertical

I still have a Silent night from last year. Hopefully I can find one this year for a vertical
    I'm considering a trip to Kinston around its release time in late November. CameronBornAndBred has an art exhibit in a small gallery there, IIRC, and I might be able to arrange for a personal tour with him and a pint of ale at Mother Earth Brewing afterward. MEB doesn't serve food but they encourage folks to bring their own and Kings BBQ is only a couple miles away.

I'll keep you in mind.

I'm considering a trip to Kinston around its release time in late November. CameronBornAndBred has an art exhibit in a small gallery there, IIRC, and I might be able to arrange for a personal tour with him and a pint of ale at Mother Earth Brewing afterward. MEB doesn't serve food but they encourage folks to bring their own and Kings BBQ is only a couple miles away.

I'll keep you in mind.
    Boiler Room Oyster Bar is right across the street, and is well worth a visit as well.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Boiler Room Oyster Bar is right across the street, and is well worth a visit as well.
    Oysters. That is something I just can't get down with. I know they have certain benefits but the texture is hard to get past.

Will do and thank you. Heading to Emerald Isle Sunday, need some new stuff to try.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Will do and thank you. Heading to Emerald Isle Sunday, need some new stuff to try.
    Let's see. Possible stopping places on the way from Richmond to Emerald Isle:

Duck-Rabbit Brewing, Farmville
    Mother Earth Brewing, Kinston
    Beer Army, Jacksonville/New Bern
    Skylight Inn BBQ, Ayden
    Wilber's BBQ, Goldsboro
    King's BBQ, Kinston
    Bill Ellis BBQ, Wilson
    Parker's BBQ, Wilson
    Gardner's BBQ, Rocky Mount

Did I miss any?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    We've never been there or to the Farmer and the Chef, both of which have excellent reputations. Thanks for the reminder.

Oysters. That is something I just can't get down with. I know they have certain benefits but the texture is hard to get past.
    Not a fan of raw but Mrs. dd really enjoys a plate of the fried variety, with or without the alleged benefits.

I like them fried also and accompanied by a pint of pale ale, DFH Shelter Pale Ale, please. The 60 Minute IPA would be nice, too.

Is there any way devildeac could donate enough of his own post numbers so that we could even exceed the longest thread ever numbers? I mean, like, he would even have enough posts left over to still remain easily in the top 5 all time.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Is there any way devildeac could donate enough of his own post numbers so that we could even exceed the longest thread ever numbers? I mean, like, he would even have enough posts left over to still remain easily in the top 5 all time.

ricks
    Well, if we could move all my beer comments from MBB and FB recruiting, in-game, BBQ and other assorted threads into this one, we might be close . It's ~4 PM EDT, don't you have a sampler to try at one (or more) of the fine breweries in Asheville so you can review them here tonight?

We've never been there or to the Farmer and the Chef, both of which have excellent reputations. Thanks for the reminder.
    We hit up both places last May and (frankly) liked Boiler Room better than Chef & The Farmer. And there is a lot more on the Boiler Room menu than just oysters.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Well, if we could move all my beer comments from MBB and FB recruiting, in-game, BBQ and other assorted threads into this one, we might be close . It's ~4 PM EDT, don't you have a sampler to try at one (or more) of the fine breweries in Asheville so you can review them here tonight?
    Had a Beerwine at ABC yesterday. Still as good as it was last week and the week before.😊

ricks

Bought a 6 pack of Boojum Graveyard Fields yesterday because it is very good. It is described as a blueberry coffer porter. Just right for me as it doesn't have coffee undertones. Nice rich flavor, too.

ricks

More reviews to come.

ricks

Sorry the last post took so long, as DBR wouldn't let me post within one minute of my previous post.

ricks

As y'all can see from my recent posts, I'm trying to help with the post count. Think I'll have a beer. All this posting has made me thirsty for one.

ricks