Page 485 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 3854354754834844854864874955355859851485 ... LastLast
Results 9,681 to 9,700 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Stout of the Union

Not that I have had one in years, reminds me of an RC cola or a Fullsteam Working Man's Lunch.
    I still like that name.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Too many thick, heavy, high IBU/ABV brews accumulating in the storage facility. Must visit a local specialty shop and procure some summer ales. Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    not enough thick, heavy, high IBU/ABV brews accumulating in the storage facility. Must visit a local specialty shop and also procure some summer ales. Soon.
    Fixed that for you...

Ovila saison with sage version for tonight's beverage. More later.

ABC Beerwine release in Asheville today.

Who has had it and what do you think?
    At ABC now enjoying my Beerwine. Deliscioso! It is actually their award winning Ninja Porter aged in Cabernet barrels with sour cherries added. The sour cherries counterbalance the sweetness of the wine. Same ABV of the regular Ninja Porter at around 5.2% and only in 8 oz. pours due to its limited availability. This beer is really smooth and delicious.

(I guess this would be classified as an actual review because there are no bottles or printed material for me to plagiarize from. Heh, heh.)

ricks

Charleston is becoming a really solid beer town. Holy City, Palmetto, Lost Tide, Cooper River, Frothy Beard, among others. On steamy summer days, the Palmetto Island Wit was probably my favorite. The balance of orange peel and coriander was very tasty. Lots to seek out and explore.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Charleston is becoming a really solid beer town. Holy City, Palmetto, Lost Tide, Cooper River, Frothy Beard, among others. On steamy summer days, the Palmetto Island Wit was probably my favorite. The balance of orange peel and coriander was very tasty. Lots to seek out and explore.
    I will have to plan on a visit very soon. Lot's of accolades from Ashevillians about Charleston.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    I will have to plan on a visit very soon. Lot's of accolades from Ashevillians about Charleston.

ricks
    We decided against paying a visit to Holy City because we were told they do not have A/C. Brutal in that heat, if true. But most restaurants had local offerings on draft, and quite a variety. Lots of distilleries popping up, too.

Are they all within stumbling, err, walking distance of each other? Our older son-in-law and I were in Wilmington, NC last month and we walked from Flytrap to Waterline, stopping at Ironclad in-between, a distance of almost 1.3 miles from north to south, so over a 2.5 round trip walking tour of the city that we completed in about 3.5 hours. We skipped Front Street, which is about 3 blocks from Ironclad, based on our memories/reports from friends of average products, but, they have a much more extensive tap list than I remember from 5-6 years ago so it might be worth a re-visit.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Are they all within stumbling, err, walking distance of each other? Our older son-in-law and I were in Wilmington, NC last month and we walked from Flytrap to Waterline, stopping at Ironclad in-between, a distance of almost 1.3 miles from north to south, so over a 2.5 round trip walking tour of the city that we completed in about 3.5 hours. We skipped Front Street, which is about 3 blocks from Ironclad, based on our memories/reports from friends of average products, but, they have a much more extensive tap list than I remember from 5-6 years ago so it might be worth a re-visit.
    Fairly spread out. Lost Tide is on John's Island, en route to Kiawah, for instance.

Sam Adams Octoberfest has arrived

a decent brew, quite malty after imbibing my usual maltless beer a bit heavy for more than one a sitting, IMO. Feel same way about many browns I've tried.

I think my marzen (not sure how to do the colon above thingy) is every bit as good and much more fun when I make it at home. I'll bring some to my first football tailgate appearance this fall. About time to do a brew soon, soon an IPA for you resin/hops-lovers

Still ahead by three pages

gonna be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    a decent brew, quite malty after imbibing my usual maltless beer a bit heavy for more than one a sitting, IMO. Feel same way about many browns I've tried.

I think my marzen (not sure how to do the colon above thingy) is every bit as good and much more fun when I make it at home. I'll bring some to my first football tailgate appearance this fall. About time to do a brew soon, soon an IPA for you resin/hops-lovers
    , Oktoberfest in July.

Like this:

Märzen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umlaut_(linguistics)

(That's what 3 years of German at Duke will learn ya. )

gonna be tough.
    A drinking/posting game that should keep us ahead: Drink and review a pint every time a candidate insults someone on Twitter or in an interview. Double that if it's the grieving mother of a casualty of war.

gonna be tough.
    Tortoise and the hare.

Keep pounding.

A drinking/posting game that should keep us ahead: Drink and review a pint every time a candidate insults someone on Twitter or in an interview. Double that if it's the grieving mother of a casualty of war.
    We'd be dead before the election (or is that the point?).

Samplers consisting of 4-6 beers (5 ounce portions, of course ) will help, too.

Haw River Rustic Plow saison

On draft at Tylers.

Stylistically pretty pure, if you like saisons you should definitely have this one on your list.

Kinda like listening to vitale anytime in the last decade or two .

Yea, I know, mute button.

This election's gonna kill me anyway, so why not go out in style??