Page 482 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 3824324724804814824834844925325829821482 ... LastLast
Results 9,621 to 9,640 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Check with all local beer stores this week, as the very limited deliveries of Stone's Farking Wheaton Wootstout will be in. Absolute Nirvana at 13%.

ricks
    Picked one of these up today with ricks68 along with a Stone Enjoy by (08/??) Tangerine. Has anybody had one yet?

Coolcumber-Wicked Weed Brewing

Missed the first delivery of this last week so I go the new owner of Bottle Revolution to hold a 4 pack for me (as a new beer club member) after I missed the second delivery on Friday afternoon, too. I feel like such a beer stalker . Fuse gets two of these when we are able to rendezvous, perhaps this weekend.

Pour from a full 12 ounce bottle (somehow, they manage to package Pernicious in an 11.2 ounce bottles-WTH?) was a light yellow-straw color with a small, fizzy head that faded fairly quickly. Smells like your summer vegetable and herb garden from the cucumber juice and basil. I've never tasted juniper berries (though I think DFH incorporates them into their Immort Ale), but WW claims they're in the brew, also. Fooled me. Perhaps they add a bit of herbal and fruity tastes/smell . It's a golden ale but not in the Belgian style as the ABV is only 5.5% and I'll guess the IBUs are 10-20 so minimal bitterness. No sour, no funk, no barrel-aging, just a light, refreshing summer ale.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Coolcumber-Wicked Weed Brewing

Missed the first delivery of this last week so I go the new owner of Bottle Revolution to hold a 4 pack for me (as a new beer club member) after I missed the second delivery on Friday afternoon, too. I feel like such a beer stalker . Fuse gets two of these when we are able to rendezvous, perhaps this weekend.

Pour from a full 12 ounce bottle (somehow, they manage to package Pernicious in an 11.2 ounce bottles-WTH?) was a light yellow-straw color with a small, fizzy head that faded fairly quickly. Smells like your summer vegetable and herb garden from the cucumber juice and basil. I've never tasted juniper berries (though I think DFH incorporates them into their Immort Ale), but WW claims they're in the brew, also. Fooled me. Perhaps they add a bit of herbal and fruity tastes/smell . It's a golden ale but not in the Belgian style as the ABV is only 5.5% and I'll guess the IBUs are 10-20 so minimal bitterness. No sour, no funk, no barrel-aging, just a light, refreshing summer ale.
    Now you have to try Imperial Coolcumber

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Now you have to try Imperial Coolcumber
    Find some for me and I most certainly will-trade or cash . My guess would be it's a brewery-only product. Sounds tasty and tempting.

Find some for me and I most certainly will-trade or cash . My guess would be it's a brewery-only product. Sounds tasty and tempting.
    Absolutely. I don't think they have released it yet this year, but it should be very soon.

In other beer news, Green Man is now canning their 3 flagships. I know what I'm buying for tubing Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Absolutely. I don't think they have released it yet this year, but it should be very soon.

In other beer news, Green Man is now canning their 3 flagships. I know what I'm buying for tubing Saturday.
    I thought they'd done that for a while .

Speaking of flagships, I saw an 18 wheeler Great Lakes beer truck delivering their products in Raleigh last week. Slogan on truck: "Our Flagship Is More Like a Fleet."

I have decided I am fine if we slip off the radar a bit. "Beer City" comes with complications.

Had a Guinness Blonde lager at a friend's tonight.

Has a "made in USA" label.
    Decent, if not distinct.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Had a Guinness Blonde lager at a friend's tonight.

Has a "made in USA" label.
    Decent, if not distinct.
    August West and I discovered the "made in the USA" label on some Bass ales a couple years ago at a tailgate. He hasn't touched it since .

August West and I discovered the "made in the USA" label on some Bass ales a couple years ago at a tailgate. He hasn't touched it since .
    I get why that is disappointing for Bass (and other "formerly brewed in Europe" beer).

Apparently Guinness blonde was planned day one as a brew in the US beer.

For you guys...craft beer festival in Beaufort, NC September 23&24

http://beaufortwineandfood.org

Quote Originally Posted by tteettimes View Post
    For you guys...craft beer festival in Beaufort, NC September 23&24

http://beaufortwineandfood.org
    Looks good. Thanks for posting. We'll be in South Bend that weekend .

Allagash Little Brett

Fizzy pour, really pale yellow in the glass.

Nose is fresh, bright pineapple.

Bursting with juicy fruit up front, mild bitterness mid palate (just a sparkle on the tongue) with a dry light tart finish from the epononymous Brett.

Really a fantastic summer beer and low alcohol, too!

Well worth seeking out. Another brilliant Allagash beer!
    little brett-Allagash Brewing

Fuse regularly finds these gems before I do .

My "pineapple" was a little less ripe than his and I tasted a hint of lemon but otherwise, his taste buds nailed it. I'll guess IBUs about 20 and the ABV is 4.8% This is a 100% Mosaic (dry) hop ale. I did find a 4 pack on Monday and fuse gets 2 of the remaining 3 bottles.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgStone Enjoy After 07.04.16

Nose is funk, straw, with maybe some bubble gum and fruit.

Harsh is the first word that comes to mind.
    Bitter and possibly unfinished.
    For a beer that was cellared for over a year, maybe I expected something a bit mellower.

I only have the one bottle (and the upcoming Halloween dated bottle).

I am hoping it gets better as it warms up. Wondering if I should have forgotten about it for another year.
    Last edited by fuse; 07-21-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Mystery Brewing's Anniversary Belgian-Style Four-Pack

A friend, client, and fellow beer-knurd who lives in Hillsborough brought me one of these four 16-ounce cans about a month ago. They were a special release to celebrate Mystery's fourth anniversary, and consisted of a single, dubbel, tripel, and qudrupel cans. Yes, I spaced them over four nights; I'm not a complete lush.

The single and tripel were very similar to one another in color (a golden yellow, with just a tinge of orange) and taste profile. In turn, the dubbel and quadrupel were both much, much darker (almost mahogany) and had a dried fruit notes. I liked the even numbers better than the odd numbers, but all four were worth seeking out.

We're spending a long weekend in the Charleston area, and I anticipate visiting Holy City Brewing on Tuesday. More to report upon our return.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Wink

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgStone Enjoy After 07.04.16

Nose is funk, straw, with maybe some bubble gum and fruit.

Harsh is the first word that comes to mind.
    Bitter and possibly unfinished.
    For a beer that was cellared for over a year, maybe I expected something a bit mellower.

I only have the one bottle (and the upcoming Halloween dated bottle).

I am hoping it gets better as it warms up. Wondering if I should have forgotten about it for another year.
    Hmm, if that's the same "Drink After" that you gave me, I may wait another 6 months on mine and invite you over for a tasting and to test your memory.

I thought they'd done that for a while .

Speaking of flagships, I saw an 18 wheeler Great Lakes beer truck delivering their products in Raleigh last week. Slogan on truck: "Our Flagship Is More Like a Fleet."
    As far as I know the Wayfarer was their first canned beer earlier this year. I saw the flagships (IPA, Porter, ESB) in cans for the first time a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I have decided I am fine if we slip off the radar a bit. "Beer City" comes with complications.
    Yep. Our little mountain town doesn't have the infrastructure to support all the beer tourists.

Hmm, if that's the same "Drink After" that you gave me, I may wait another 6 months on mine and invite you over for a tasting and to test your memory.
    It did improve dramatically with temperature, and still likely could age well.