Page 444 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 3443944344424434444454464544945449441444 ... LastLast
Results 8,861 to 8,880 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. Staying right downtown, across from the Aloft. Mrs. Tripping, her mother and youngblood in tow. Good dinner reservations both nights. Might try the comedy show at One World Brewing on Friday night, but mostly trying to avoid freezing our I'm-a-wanker-for-saying-thises off. Any and all indoor suggestions (other than imbibing; we'll do plenty of that) are welcome.
    Paging ricks68, part-owner of the (apparently) fabulous new brewpub/restaurant in Asheville, Bhramari Brewhouse. Expecting recommendations from mattman here, too. Not sure if Mtn Devil-bunch-of-championship-years has been there yet.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Great find. Great idea from the Craft Brewers Association. Maybe Peyton will become a partner in a local brewpub or three...

Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. Staying right downtown, across from the Aloft. Mrs. Tripping, her mother and youngblood in tow. Good dinner reservations both nights. Might try the comedy show at One World Brewing on Friday night, but mostly trying to avoid freezing our I'm-a-wanker-for-saying-thises off. Any and all indoor suggestions (other than imbibing; we'll do plenty of that) are welcome.
    You have no excuse to skip Bhramari as it is right behind Aloft.

Didn't know One World hosted comedy shows... I'll need to check that out sometime. Not sure if you have been before, but it is a very small operation with some pretty tasty brews.

Check out French Broad Chocolate Lounge for a cup of hot chocolate to keep warm. They also have plenty of other chocolaty sweets, along with a few local brews on tap.

Have fun and be sure to have a DD if you spend time on the South Slope

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Paging ricks68, part-owner of the (apparently) fabulous new brewpub/restaurant in Asheville, Bhramari Brewhouse. Expecting recommendations from mattman here, too. Not sure if Mtn Devil-bunch-of-championship-years has been there yet.
    TW

Since you already have your dinner reservations, I would not miss lunch/brunch at Bhramari. The food really is outstanding. Also, we are open until 1 on F S nights so you can also get very late night food. I will pm you my cell number. Maybe I can meet you there late and buy you a beer.😊

ricks

Has anyone found Sam Adams Noble Pils lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Beem View Post
    Have not seen it in a while. Great beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Beem View Post
    It might be in one of their 12 pack samplers but not likely at this time of year.

Pataskala-Stone Brewing

A new brew for Stone (bottled on 1/13/16 and released on 2/1/16 according to their web site so I must have bought it that day on the next day), a new ale for me and a new style, a red IPA. Its lovely crimson-dark amber hue is from a new German malt variety called Red X, hence the sub-title on the bottle, Red X IPA. Little head from my 12 ounce bottle included in my Stone sampler, even with an aggressive pour into my pint glass tonight. This smells like blood orange/red grapefruit squeezings with a bit of pulp and rind. Tastes like it, too, with a bit of pine and a bit of slightly burned caramel. Firmly in IPA territory with IBUs of 75 from generous amounts of Cascade, Mosaic and Amarillo hops. I'll take this with a half a rack of ribs, a big scoop of slaw and some German potato salad. Two left for trading/sharing.

d15097ad4e86997a777693ff0dd8eafe_320x320.jpg

Oskar Blues Death by Coconut is awesome.

That is all.

Pataskala-Stone Brewing

A new brew for Stone (bottled on 1/13/16 and released on 2/1/16 according to their web site so I must have bought it that day on the next day), a new ale for me and a new style, a red IPA. Its lovely crimson-dark amber hue is from a new German malt variety called Red X, hence the sub-title on the bottle, Red X IPA. Little head from my 12 ounce bottle included in my Stone sampler, even with an aggressive pour into my pint glass tonight. This smells like blood orange/red grapefruit squeezings with a bit of pulp and rind. Tastes like it, too, with a bit of pine and a bit of slightly burned caramel. Firmly in IPA territory with IBUs of 75 from generous amounts of Cascade, Mosaic and Amarillo hops. I'll take this with a half a rack of ribs, a big scoop of slaw and some German potato salad. Two left for trading/sharing.

d15097ad4e86997a777693ff0dd8eafe_320x320.jpg
    Forgot to mention ABV at 7.3%.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Oskar Blues Death by Coconut is awesome.

That is all.
    How does it compare to the Burial Coconut Brown?

Risking the wanker-filter here

But Bhramari is the shiitake mushroom! Really funky space and packed this Friday night. Carolina Common is a very tasty brew. Props all around to ricks68.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

But Bhramari is the shiitake mushroom! Really funky space and packed this Friday night. Carolina Common is a very tasty brew. Props all around to ricks68.
    We were going to try making it out to Bhramari tonight, but got caught up celebrating a friend's birthday. I'll second your statement...Bhramari is the shiznit.

Hope you're enjoying yourself in Beer City!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    How does it compare to the Burial Coconut Brown?
    Good question. I would love doing a side by side comparison. I think the DBC may be a little more forward with the coconut.

If you see it on tap, or in cans, I would certainly recommend picking it up.

From 11/21/14:

Cold Mountain Winter Ale-Highland Brewing Company

Many thanks to ricks 68 for standing in line at the brewery on release date last week to procure 6 bottles of this for me, donating 3 more to the Saturday Brunchgate and finding any additional hour or three for consuming several samples of brewery-release only iterations of this. Poured a clear ruby-tinged dark brown with a somewhat small fizzy head. Aromas of vanilla and nuts with well-blended tastes of the same accompanied by a bit of brown sugar, toffee and baking spices. I couldn't place the other tastes as a shared a 12 ounce bottle with my younger daughter Wednesday night but the label also lists raspberry and cranberry extracts along with cinnamon. Grains are 2-Row Brewers Malt, Pilsen, Vienna, Chocolate, Wheat, Caramel 40, Caramel 60 with the hops being Cascade and Mount Hood, IBUs listed at 28 and ABV is 5.2%. The bitterness is minimal as I'd expect from this style but the ABV is a bit low for a winter warmer ale. A very flavorful concoction that should be sought out if known to be available in your area.

From 2/12/16:

Cold Mountain Winter Ale (filled 11/5/14):

Ricks68 was kind enough to save one of these from last year to accompany the delivery of the 2015 version last weekend so I could side-by-side them last PM.

I liked this one better than the current edition. I thought the hazelnut flavor was a bit more prominent last PM followed closely by cinnamon and dark berries. The vanilla was less pronounced to me after 15 months of storage and the beer was still quite quaffable.

From 11/21/14:

Many thanks to ricks 68 for standing in line at the brewery on release date last week to procure 6 bottles of this for me, donating 3 more to the Saturday Brunchgate and finding any additional hour or three for consuming several samples of brewery-release only iterations of this. Poured a clear ruby-tinged dark brown with a somewhat small fizzy head. Aromas of vanilla and nuts with well-blended tastes of the same accompanied by a bit of brown sugar, toffee and baking spices. I couldn't place the other tastes as a shared a 12 ounce bottle with my younger daughter Wednesday night but the label also lists raspberry and cranberry extracts along with cinnamon. Grains are 2-Row Brewers Malt, Pilsen, Vienna, Chocolate, Wheat, Caramel 40, Caramel 60 with the hops being Cascade and Mount Hood, IBUs listed at 28 and ABV is 5.2%. The bitterness is minimal as I'd expect from this style but the ABV is a bit low for a winter warmer ale. A very flavorful concoction that should be sought out if known to be available in your area.

From 2/12/16:

Ricks68 was kind enough to save one of these from last year to accompany the delivery of the 2015 version last weekend so I could side-by-side them last PM.

I liked this one better than the current edition. I thought the hazelnut flavor was a bit more prominent last PM followed closely by cinnamon and dark berries. The vanilla was less pronounced to me after 15 months of storage and the beer was still quite quaffable.
    Cold Mountain Winter Ale (filled 10/20/15):

A bit darker than the 2014/15 version with more cinnamon, hazelnut and berry flavors and minimal vanilla overtones. I didn't check IBUs or ABV but I'd guess very close to last year's offering. Some year I'll have to visit the ricks68 family and mattman and attend the first offering of this at the brewery along with several kegs of other flavored versions.

As a qualifier, it took me about 90 minutes to consume the two twelve ounce pourings of those yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Have not seen it in a while. Great beer.
    I received the following:

I do apologize, the Noble Pils was discontinued by the brewery. I have not heard of it coming back into the market. We normally carry the more popular beers from Sam Adams, which Noble Pils falls into that category. So if it comes back to market, we would definitely carry it.

Thank You,
    Paul Manley
    Beer Director
    Tower Beer, Wine & Spirits

From 11/21/14:

From 2/12/16:

I totally agree that last year's is better, even after being around for over a year. That's why I included a bottle for comparison.

ricks

One World Brewing

The Hop Nasty = really good XIPA

Inner Th-IPA = acceptably tasty.

6277 Pale Ale = meh. Too much "funk."
    "Amazing what a minute can do."