Page 405 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 3053553954034044054064074154555059051405 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,100 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Finally picked up a 6-pack (actually, The Lovely and Talented Mrs. Tripping snagged it) from a Moore County Lowes Foods today. A dunked style lager that's a lot like Mother Earth's Dark Cloud. Pours a translucent brown, with an nice off-white head. A really good autumn beverage, to celebrate a round in the 80's on Pinehurst No. W
    2 and someone's alma mater's last-second (literally, jimsumner) win over Nebraska. No, the irony does not escape me.
    Highly recommend Highlands Clawhammer Octoberfest as a great Octoberfest/Marzen style.

Amped up, Aviator Octoberbeast would be one of the few Aviators I'd say are worth trying. I saw and did not pick up Pumpkinbeast today. I did pick up Brueprint's Pumpkin Edinbrue as my roll the dice pumpkin beer this year.

I did not buy Southern Tier Harvest, it is another good fall beer. Will be keeping my eyes open for Ommegang Scythe & Sickle.

Fall is such an awesome beer season.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Check out Hotel Ignacio.
    It is a bit pricey, eclectic and fun.
    It is also walking distance to Urban Chestnut.

Yes, I did book a stay there explicitly to be able to walk to Urban Chestnut and back.

Maybe not a problem if Uber works in St. Louis.
    Lost my wallet in an Uber car last weekend. If my replacement license by Friday, I may not be drinking anything. Hell, I hope I'm able to board my flight without it.

Highly recommend Highlands Clawhammer Octoberfest as a great Octoberfest/Marzen style.

Amped up, Aviator Octoberbeast would be one of the few Aviators I'd say are worth trying. I saw and did not pick up Pumpkinbeast today. I did pick up Brueprint's Pumpkin Edinbrue as my roll the dice pumpkin beer this year.

I did not buy Southern Tier Harvest, it is another good fall beer. Will be keeping my eyes open for Ommegang Scythe & Sickle.

Fall is such an awesome beer season.
    I second the clawhammer...good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I second the clawhammer...good stuff.
    Grabbed a sixer today's. Yes, good stuff. I will say, though, that I liked the Foothills better. Darker and greater depth of flavor, IMO. Both good; just one more good.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Lonerider Magnificent 77 American IPA 16oz can

Initially smelled super citrusy- lemon, orange, grapefruit.
    Second sniff much more sticky, pine resin.

Supposedly 77 IBUs, 77 hop varieties from 7 different countries.

Pretty thin mouthfeel, and somewhat strange tasting. Astringent and unpleasantly bitter.
    7.7% ABV, finish has a bit of alcohol heat.

Of the 77 hop varieties, the ones coming to the fore apparently are ones I don't care for.

Glad I tried it- it's not Frog Level bad, just not something I'd drink again if there are better alternatives.

Grabbed a sixer today's. Yes, good stuff. I will say, though, that I liked the Foothills better. Darker and greater depth of flavor, IMO. Both good; just one more good.
    We may both have a small local bias

Initially smelled super citrusy- lemon, orange, grapefruit.
    Second sniff much more sticky, pine resin.

Supposedly 77 IBUs, 77 hop varieties from 7 different countries.

Pretty thin mouthfeel, and somewhat strange tasting. Astringent and unpleasantly bitter.
    7.7% ABV, finish has a bit of alcohol heat.

Of the 77 hop varieties, the ones coming to the fore apparently are ones I don't care for.

Glad I tried it- it's not Frog Level bad, just not something I'd drink again if there are better alternatives.
    Hmmm, wonder what's going on at LoneRider. This is the second unfavorable review in 2 months as I didn't have a very good opinion of And The Hops You Rode In On last month.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

We may both have a small local bias
    Well, one of us might. I just won't say which one.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hmmm, wonder what's going on at LoneRider. This is the second unfavorable review in 2 months as I didn't have a very good opinion of And The Hops You Rode In On last month.
    I think Big Boss and Lonerider are a couple of local breweries that suffer from being early to market successes and suffering from being ubiquitous. CBC may fall into that category also, among others.

Critical mass reached in Raleigh?

Lynwood Brewing Concern buys Blackjack Brewing (which I think had been open less than a year, maybe less than six months).

Purchase is apparently to get Blackjack's brewing facilities.
    Blackjack being sent to Wilmington to establish brewing operations there.

Well, one of us might. I just won't say which one.
    To be completely honest, I don't think I've ever had the Foothills version. Until then, I'll keep saying my local guys do it better

Foothills may very well be my favorite NC brewery outside of the Asheville metro area, so I wouldn't be surprised if my opinion changes when I do try it.

Ginger Lemon Radler-Boulevard Brewing

If it weren't for this thread, I'd likely have never tried this.

What's a radler?

http://www.germanbeerinstitute.com/Radler.html

Fullsteam Cack-A-Lacky meets lemon soda.

or

Canada Dry meets Simply Lemonade

Poured a hazy yellow with a slightly foamy head which disappeared fairly quickly. Smelled like fresh squeezed lemon,s and lots of them, in a glass of ginger ale. Tastes? No surprise here either with lemon soda infused with ginger. Very pleasant and effervescent. Even the faint of tongue/palate could drink this at 4.1% ABV and 12 IBU. I enjoyed this with a 1/4 rack of ribs, steamed broccoli and a corn and black bean salad with green and red peppers and chopped red onions.

Prosit!

9e7789400f862aed749443da597d9c58_320x320.jpg

Burial Anno Domini MMXV Saison

Cracked open this 750 ML bottle over the weekend. Aged in Chardonnay barrels on apricots. The latter is the predominant flavor, so it may not be fuse's cup-o-tea. I really liked it, though, and definitely wish I had another bottle. Perhaps to give to mattman as a peace offering.

Blue Mountain A Hopwork Orange

An orange infused IPA sounds great after running around in the heat.

A theory that does not turn out to be as exciting in practice.

A nicely orange citrus nose.
    An odd hop combination that is a bit off putting.

Should go well with the burgers in the grill.

A nice differentiation attempt in a crowded market.
    Different hop profile and maybe this is a winner.

Cracked open this 750 ML bottle over the weekend. Aged in Chardonnay barrels on apricots. The latter is the predominant flavor, so it may not be fuse's cup-o-tea. I really liked it, though, and definitely wish I had another bottle. Perhaps to give to mattman as a peace offering.
    I split one of these with a friend not too long ago. I think I even copped a few bottles for Ricks68 to give to Devildeac?

Attempting to remove the term "malty" from how I describe a beer's flavour.

Harder than it sounds.

After a sip of Sam Adams, I think I would substitute caramel-y sweet.
    Switching to Clawhammer, there is a biscuit-y or even a molasses and honey aspect.

A new way for me to start thinking about beer tasting.

Brewgrass Festival

Ashevilleans: Tell me about this. Apparently comes around on September 19th. Worth attending?

Ashevilleans: Tell me about this. Apparently comes around on September 19th. Worth attending?
    It is one of the three largest beer festivals in Asheville, probably third behind the Winter Warmer and Beer City Festival. I'm going for the first time this year as a birthday present from my aunt and cousin - they know me so well .

I think the tickets are pretty pricey ($60 each?), but I'm sure it will be worth it. here's to good weather, and I hope to see you there!

It is one of the three largest beer festivals in Asheville, probably third behind the Winter Warmer and Beer City Festival. I'm going for this first time this year as a birthday present from my aunt and cousin - they know me so well .

I think the tickets are pretty pricey ($60 each?), but I'm sure it will be worth it. here's to good weather, and I hope to see you there!
    Here is the officially website. It is $55 per person with a solid list of attending breweries (Founders, Goose Island, Rogue etc.)

I believe ricks68 has a bottle of this stored in his ginormous beer 'fridge for me along with its twin for fuse so he'd best get his stone fruit palate in game shape for this.
    Last edited by devildeac; 09-07-2015 at 08:56 PM. Reason: I see mattman clarified the purchasing connection