Page 397 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 2973473873953963973983994074474978971397 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,940 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    IPA day

Sipping on a Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter.
    Tasty!
    Yummm.

I chose Foothills Jade.

Can't wait to get my hands on the new Oskar Blues IPA.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Yummm.

I chose Foothills Jade.

Can't wait to get my hands on the new Oskar Blues IPA.
    I still haven't tried Pinner, have heard it is nice.

By far my favorite session ipa. Not much of a fan of that style though.

Anyone here ever tried Lagunitas Equinox? They lable it as a "pale oat ale". Saw it this evening at the grocery store and almost grabbed a bottle. Never met a Lagunitas brew I didn't like
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Shoulda grabbed a bottle and sipped it with dinner or after dinner and let us know what it's like.

I can't recall a Lagunitias brew I disliked either.
    Have so far enjoyed all the Lagunitas offerings (3 or 4) I have tried as well.

Coffee Hidden Pipe Porter-Raleigh Brewing

Story:

"Great cities have great legends. Here’s one of Raleigh’s: at the Civil War’s end, Thomas Briggs hid his money from Union troops by stuffing it into pipes which he buried underground. He later uncovered his riches and built a thriving hardware store in downtown Raleigh. Now it’s your turn to unearth a treasure trove of aromatics and flavors, including cocoa, creamed coffee, espresso, molasses, and a hint of blackberries. It’s all balanced by a moderately high bitterness. We use Oak City Roaster’s Kabum bean to really drive up the coffee in this beer! 6.5% ABV."

Should have saved this for breakfast in the morning. I think this was a favorite of fuse, the Love Ninja, mattman91 and Amused Cupcake on our jaunt here this past winter. I'm not sure I tasted it then but glad I bought 4 cans last week at Crafty Beer Store for about $1.40 each (no typo). Poured an opaque mahogany with a nose of medium roast coffee and tastes that followed of cocoa, more coffee, but no molasses or blackberries as they described above. Moderate bitterness, guessing IBUs of 40 with a listed ABV of 6.5%, both a bit high for a standard porter. The flavor was enhanced by sharing with our younger daughter and her husband tonight along with a home-made brownie. It'd made a delicious nightcap/dessert by itself but pairing it with chocolate made it even more tasty.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Pinner Throwback IPA-Oskar Blues (Brevard, NC)

Drink local!

Well, almost local. Heck, it'll be local Tuesday through Saturday next week as we (try to) visit all 20-25 breweries (not in one night) in the greater Asheville area with the bonus of dining and supping with ricks68 and his lovely bride, mattman and Amused Cupcake with a rumored appearance of Mountain Devil and whoever else would like to join us.

Oh, wait, beer to review. This was a 12 ounce can shared with our son with a dinner of crabcakes (99% lump crabmeat), lime teriyaki shrimp, roasted garlic asparagus, fresh corn and a Caesar salad. Poured a light straw with a a small head. Some citrus and tropical fruits to tickle the nares then some pine and resin to accompany the mango and papaya flavors with a light, honey-like finish. IBUs of 35 and ABV of 4.9% so another entry in the "throwback" or session IPAs described as "crushable" on their web site. And I thought they were referring to the environmentally friendly aluminum can. My only quibble is that with those stats, why is this labeled an IPA when it really looks, tastes and measures like a pale ale?
    You heard correctly.

Raspberry Orange Wheat Ale (draft/bomber)-Bombshell Brewing

More local!

It's always great to share/try new beers with family and/or friends and this was no exception, especially when an unexpected sale is found. I shared a mini-growler of this tonight with our younger daughter and her husband before the Coffee Porter. Quite the light, pleasant intro to our short tasting. Decanted from a $6 mini-growler thanks to the unexpected $2 off this week at Total Wine, it poured a cloudy orange-straw color with a faint pink hue. Nose of berries, banana, orange and a bit of clove with tastes to match. The raspberry flavor imparts a bit of sweetness, the orange peel a bit of bitterness and the wheat ale has its fairly typical banana and clove esters but these are not adjuncts and are rather subdued. IBUs listed at 32 which surprised me a bit as I'd have guessed 20 or less. Very sessionable at 4.6% ABV. It's a nice summer ale and would pair nicely with a fruit plate, soft cheeses or a lemon square or fruit tart after dinner.

Coffee Hidden Pipe Porter-Raleigh Brewing

Story:

"Great cities have great legends. Here’s one of Raleigh’s: at the Civil War’s end, Thomas Briggs hid his money from Union troops by stuffing it into pipes which he buried underground. He later uncovered his riches and built a thriving hardware store in downtown Raleigh. Now it’s your turn to unearth a treasure trove of aromatics and flavors, including cocoa, creamed coffee, espresso, molasses, and a hint of blackberries. It’s all balanced by a moderately high bitterness. We use Oak City Roaster’s Kabum bean to really drive up the coffee in this beer! 6.5% ABV."

Should have saved this for breakfast in the morning. I think this was a favorite of fuse, the Love Ninja, mattman91 and Amused Cupcake on our jaunt here this past winter. I'm not sure I tasted it then but glad I bought 4 cans last week at Crafty Beer Store for about $1.40 each (no typo). Poured an opaque mahogany with a nose of medium roast coffee and tastes that followed of cocoa, more coffee, but no molasses or blackberries as they described above. Moderate bitterness, guessing IBUs of 40 with a listed ABV of 6.5%, both a bit high for a standard porter. The flavor was enhanced by sharing with our younger daughter and her husband tonight along with a home-made brownie. It'd made a delicious nightcap/dessert by itself but pairing it with chocolate made it even more tasty.
    I do remember it being my favorite, along with Hell Yes Ma'am. Great beer!

$1.40 a can? Holy $#!+ that is cheap!

I do remember it being my favorite, along with Hell Yes Ma'am. Great beer!

$1.40 a can? Holy $#!+ that is cheap!
    At $10/6, its about a 15% discount- 8.40/6.

Never one to turn down a good deal- the real contrast is restaurant / bar markup.

By far my favorite session ipa. Not much of a fan of that style though.
    I second this. Crisp, but hoppy. Flavorful, but drinkable.

A+ to Pinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Devil_91_92_01_10_15 View Post
    I second this. Crisp, but hoppy. Flavorful, but drinkable.

A+ to Pinner.
    ^^ this guy!

Where you been, man?

We're #1! (in the South)

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/loc...e30529083.html

There are now 132 breweries in our fine state, up from about 50 just three years ago.

So, when you hoist an ale (or lager) on August 10 this week to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Pop the Cap campaign, make it a Hell, Yes Ma'am from Raleigh Brewing, a Hop, Drop and Roll from NoDa or a Bretticent from Wicked Weed and thank the folks mentioned in the article who spearheaded the effort to propel us to where we are today. Cheers/Prosit!

We're #1! (in the South)

There are now 132 breweries in our fine state, up from about 50 just three years ago.

So, when you hoist an ale (or lager) on August 10 this week to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Pop the Cap campaign, make it a Hell, Yes Ma'am from Raleigh Brewing, a Hop, Drop and Roll from NoDa or a Bretticent from Wicked Weed and thank the folks mentioned in the article who spearheaded the effort to propel us to where we are today. Cheers/Prosit!
    Technically if you want to celebrate Pop the Cap, shouldn't you hoist a Fullsteam? Pretty sure their founder is the one that pushed the legislation through (for the benefit of all) :-)

Technically if you want to celebrate Pop the Cap, shouldn't you hoist a Fullsteam? Pretty sure their founder is the one that pushed the legislation through (for the benefit of all) :-)
    Who is gonna send me A bottle?

He was one of several important members on the "committee" who greatly assisted the campaign. So heck yea, I'll add a Fullsteam to my toast that may have to take place over 2 days now. I actually picked those three brews representing each of the "major" beer boroughs of the great state of North Cack-A-Lacky.

Who is gonna send me A bottle?
    Try Tasty Beverage or Bruisin' Ales .

We're #1! (in the South)

I went back and re-read the article and the first (official) high gravity ale was apparently a Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout poured just after 7 AM on 8/15/15 by Mike Brawley at Brawley's Beverages in Charlotte. So, now we have all week to celebrate.

Blackberry Farm Summer Saison

A couple years ago, we celebrated a milestone birthday at Blackberry Farms.
    At the time I'm not sure what they were doing would qualify as a pico-brewery.

We could not even buy bottles on premise to take home.

What a surprise and delight that Tasty Beverage in Raleigh announced they had some Blackberry Farm beer, the saison ans summer saison.

Poured a pretty cloudy brassy gold with a really vigorous head.

The nose is a bit of sweet straw.

The taste is quite tropical, I am assuming from the hop bill.

Pretty nice drop to enjoy even with the cacophony of an air compressor in the background as a neighbor washes his boat.

A pretty boutique offering- if you like the saison style, worth seeking out.

Who will be the first to try/review the new Oskar Blues IPA?

Who will be the first to try/review the new Oskar Blues IPA?
    Are you referring to Pinner or something completely new? I'll nominate you as you live sooooo close to the (relatively) new facility near Asheville.