Page 395 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 2953453853933943953963974054454958951395 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,900 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Grad school opportunity with the Wolfpack for mattman91:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/nat...e29548846.html

Bhramari Brewhouse, insects, yeast, new beer styles...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I happen to be off Friday and Monday
    Tied up Friday and possibly Monday----for real. How's your schedule the next week?

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Tied up Friday and possibly Monday----for real. How's your schedule the next week?

ricks
    Tuesday through Saturday.

Pomegranate Ale-Railhouse Brewery

Indigenously consumed!

Founded by a couple Navy and Army vets and located in Aberdeen, NC, I was able to sample this at Crafty Beer Shop last PM while contemplating additional summer refreshment purchases. Their beer rep thought it was a pale ale but it tasted more like a hybrid wheat/pale ale. Poured a reddish-light amber with a moderate head with the nose that was biscuity and herbal. The first taste was tart but not quite sour, followed by some orange and toasted wheat bread. This would accompany grilled fare nicely, especially if it was a bit on the sweet side. I'll guess IBUs of 20-30 and I found the ABV at 5.5% on their website as the bottles he poured from were actually unlabeled brewery samples. A good product, along with their Ka-Bar brown ale I had several months ago and their FCA IPA that I also sampled last PM, prompted me to purchase 4 more of those and will have me looking out for some new products as their current brews are somewhat limited.

X pat-Fortnight Brewing Company

More indigenous imbibing!

Twelve ounce can purchased for about $1.45 after a 10% case discount at Crafty Beer Shop this week. Poured a medium amber which is a bit dark for an IPA, but this is not your regular IPA, but kind of a hybrid English-US type with UK malts and US hops (no grain or hops names could be found). Herbal and dark, bready scents up front, followed by some pine and resin tastes with a toasted multi-grain finish. IBUs listed at 56 and ABV is 6.1%. This would match almost any grilled entrees.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

Twelve ounce can purchased for about $1.45 after a 10% case discount at Crafty Beer Shop this week. Poured a medium amber which is a bit dark for an IPA, but this is not your regular IPA, but kind of a hybrid English-US type with UK malts and US hops (no grain or hops names could be found). Herbal and dark, bready scents up front, followed by some pine and resin tastes with a toasted multi-grain finish. IBUs listed at 56 and ABV is 6.1%. This would match almost any grilled entrees.
    I picked up a six-pack of their blonde ale in cans today. Thinking pool beer. Will report when I have tasted.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Wrong thread

Is it odd that when I opened the movie thread and saw what Rogue Nation was doing this weekend, I thought I had opened this thread?

Boondocks Brewing
    West Jefferson, NC

Willing to give Boondocks a hall pass on the strength of Dr. Bacon, the act playing tonight.

Sadly, the Lost Province Saison was weak as a guest beer.
    The Boondocks Centenial was just shy of terrible, the Belgian was medicinal at best, and their Scottish ale was the best of the four in the flight.

Sadly, can't recommend.
    Looking forward to a Lost Province visit tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Is it odd that when I opened the movie thread and saw what Rogue Nation was doing this weekend, I thought I had opened this thread?
    I can understand your confusion:

http://www.rogue.com/roguenation/?step=becomeacitizen

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Boondocks Brewing
    West Jefferson, NC

Willing to give Boondocks a hall pass on the strength of Dr. Bacon, the act playing tonight.

Sadly, the Lost Province Saison was weak as a guest beer.
    The Boondocks Centenial was just shy of terrible, the Belgian was medicinal at best, and their Scottish ale was the best of the four in the flight.

Sadly, can't recommend.
    This is disappointing to read. I looked at their website and saw their brews and their guest brews and thought it was an impressive line-up. Friends of ours just bought a home about 10 miles from here. When we go visit, we might have to take a buncha Raleigh brews so we don't have to head to the Boondocks.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Very much enjoyed Lost Province when we were there last year. Their porter especially was quite tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Very much enjoyed Lost Province when we were there last year. Their porter especially was quite tasty.
    They were at Ale Share last weekend. Poured a Kolsh and Saison, both hit the spot on a scorching hot afternoon.

Hi-Wire Uprisin' Hefeweizen

A seasonal that I found for 10 bones for a six-pack of 12-oz bottles. A very tasty hefe. Poured a nice gold color, with a really thick, foamy, off-white head that held on for a good long time. Traditional notes of banana and clove, with a hint of white pepper. A really nice beer for 90+ degree temperatures. Glad I have five more in the fridge.

A seasonal that I found for 10 bones for a six-pack of 12-oz bottles. A very tasty hefe. Poured a nice gold color, with a really thick, foamy, off-white head that held on for a good long time. Traditional notes of banana and clove, with a hint of white pepper. A really nice beer for 90+ degree temperatures. Glad I have five more in the fridge.
    I'll be visiting their new facility tomorrow evening

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I'll be visiting their new facility tomorrow evening
    Sch-weet. This one is a good early-in-the-flight beer.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

I picked up a six-pack of their blonde ale in cans today. Thinking pool beer. Will report when I have tasted.
    I had a can (that I brought with me) on the back-nine today. A tad warm, and I know nothing of the color, head, or overall aroma. It was pretty flavorful, though. Certainly not the typical Ycch Beer that I often encounter at golf facilities.

Lost Province

Go for the pizza, stay for the beer.

A nice flight of a wit, lemon shandy, ginger pale ale and honey brown ale.

All were excellent, I found myself partial to the Lemon Shandy as the beverage of the evening.

We also revisited the saison, which was superior to the Lost Province Saison we had the prior night at Boondocks (draft lines?).

A really neat place to spend time enjoying beer while in Boone. I missed the Black IPA I had on a prior visit.

Draft lines should b cleaned regularly. Most distros clean their lines once a month, not often enough for me-i'd do at least weekly. Beware the sight of "bar flies", gnats, whatever, they breed in taps and drains and feed on yeast. Can't b sanitary enough to protect ur product.

I'm shocked, simply shocked that any brewery in these PC times could get away with brewing/releasing/selling a German kolsch-style ale with the name of Kraut Creek.

http://lostprovince.com/beer/kraut-creek/

Saison De Brüe-Brüeprint Brewing Company

What a pleasant beverage! I bought 4 of these last week from Crafty Beer Shop for about $2 for each 12 ouncer. Poured a light golden hue into a Duke 2011 Hall of Fame induction goblet with a thin, bubbly head which didn't linger long. Attractive aromas of flowers, pears and apples with a bit of dark fruit and sweetness. Tastes were pretty much the same with a hint of white pepper and a mild honey finish. It's brewed with Turkish figs and local wildflower honey, which further endeared itself to my summer palate. I'll guess IBU 10-20 and the ABV is listed at 6.5%. I could sip this any evening this summer or autumn on my porch or with a seafood or chicken dinner with some mango/pineapple salsa/compote or with a bowl of fresh fruit before or after a meal.

https://untappd.com/b/brueprint-brew...1012812/photos