Page 394 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 2943443843923933943953964044444948941394 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,880 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Three-Eyed Raven-Brewery Ommegang

No, this is not a beer honoring the Kelly boys from the MBB team but it is a dark saison ale honoring the Game of Thrones. It's sort of a hybrid ale where a lighter bodied porter meets a saison, they fall in love and a medium brown liquid is born and poured forth that smells and tastes like a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Granny Smith apple that has been generously dipped in lightly sweetened cocoa and dusted gently with black pepper and adorned with gummi pear bits. No spices or additives are used, which is a bit unusual for the Ommegang brewers, except for dark Belgian candi sugar. Hops include the stretch Euro 4 style Hallertau Spalt Select, Tettenang and American Bravo varieties. I'll guess IBU around 20-30 and the ABV is listed at 7.2% so I divided this corked and caged 750 ml bottle that I purchased at World Market earlier this month for about $7 which was when they had 20% off their large format beers. I'm pleased with it and would buy again. I've got an extra bottle so one never knows where/when that might appear...

Attachment 5333
    Like maybe in my beer fridge?

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Like maybe in my beer fridge?

ricks
    Is that a reservation request?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Mattman91 is at Ale Share in Beer City, USA now. Hope he'll post a few reviews when he regains consciousness.

Picked up a couple Kombucha beers at Southern Season today, and a few fun things at Beer Dispensary including bourbon barrel aged Arrogant Bastard.

Flying Dog Dead Rise. Anyone tried it? I'm sampling now. Interesting summer ale supporting Maryland (Chesapeake Bay) Blue Crab industry, made w Old Bay-interesting😜

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Flying Dog Dead Rise. Anyone tried it? I'm sampling now. Interesting summer ale supporting Maryland (Chesapeake Bay) Blue Crab industry, made w Old Bay-interesting😜
    I grew up in Maryland- some of my friends keep encouraging me to try it. I admit I am very reluctant to do so.

Give it a try.

Just don't let the pourer/bartender convince you to sample it with Old Bay around the rim of the glass as he did me. I had one glass without and one with OB, won't try the one with again, a little too much for me. I told him that was not optimal. It's not a margarita!!

Delirium Red (2014)-Brouwerij Huyghe

Take a can of Dr. Brown's black cherry soda, swirl with a generous amount of Rodenbach and add a couple tablespoons of Robitussin CF and Delirium Red is created. Poured a dark ruby with a generous, fizzy head that dissipated fairly quickly. Nose of dark, sour cherries and simple syrup. Immediate tastes of sweet, non-diet, black cherry soda, followed quickly by a sour cherry Warhead and, unfortunately, a rather astringent, medicinal finish. Three-fourths or more of each tulip glassful I sipped each night from this corked and caged 750 ml painted ceramic bottle would be an outstanding liquid dessert, by itself or with a slice of triple chocolate cake (Black Forest Cake anyone?). The last aliquot was just atypical of any of the Delirium series I've ever had, including Tremens, Noel and Nocturnum. Reasonably priced at about $8 from my World Market large format bottle purchase a couple weeks ago at 20% off. More sour than bitter, guessing 20 IBU, to accompany an ABV of 8%. Worth a bottle to share at a tasting to experience a Belgian fruited sour lambic but not one I'd revisit regularly.

delirium_red_groot.jpg

thumb_huyghe-delirium-red-1.jpg

Delirium Red (2014)-Brouwerij Huyghe

Take a can of Dr. Brown's black cherry soda, swirl with a generous amount of Rodenbach and add a couple tablespoons of Robitussin CF and Delirium Red is created. Poured a dark ruby with a generous, fizzy head that dissipated fairly quickly. Nose of dark, sour cherries and simple syrup. Immediate tastes of sweet, non-diet, black cherry soda, followed quickly by a sour cherry Warhead and, unfortunately, a rather astringent, medicinal finish. Three-fourths or more of each tulip glassful I sipped each night from this corked and caged 750 ml painted ceramic bottle would be an outstanding liquid dessert, by itself or with a slice of triple chocolate cake (Black Forest Cake anyone?). The last aliquot was just atypical of any of the Delirium series I've ever had, including Tremens, Noel and Nocturnum. Reasonably priced at about $8 from my World Market large format bottle purchase a couple weeks ago at 20% off. More sour than bitter, guessing 20 IBU, to accompany an ABV of 8%. Worth a bottle to share at a tasting to experience a Belgian fruited sour lambic but not one I'd revisit regularly.

delirium_red_groot.jpg

thumb_huyghe-delirium-red-1.jpg
    Been a while, enjoyed it when we tried it.

Have a new(?, to me anyway) Delirium Limited to try.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

I've got a Deliria that I'll finish tonight...

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/n...ning/30778295/

Not sure who is more excited, me or Ricks68

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

I've got a Deliria that I'll finish tonight...
    Would this be it:

Deliria-Brouwerij Huyghe

A limited edition brewed once a year for International Women's Day by women, this heavy blonde ale (I did "borrow" this last phrase from ratebeer and still can't believe they described it this way) probably is best described as a hybrid between a Belgian strong/golden ale and a Belgian IPA/IIPA. Poured from a painted, ceramic 750 ml caged and corked bottle, it was a pale straw color with a typical foamy, fizzy, lacy Belgian ale head that lingered to the bottom of my 250 ml Allagash tulip (twice as a matter of fact). Nose was a bit of straw and bouquet of garden flowers with tastes of light Belgian candi sugar, Granny Smith apples, pears and Pinot Grigio. Imagine what a dry-ish beer champagne might taste like. There's a pinch of white pepper in the finish from the Belgian yeasts. It's not quite as delicate as DeuS but reminds me a bit of that ale. Bitterness is on the low end, guessing 20 IBUs. It's deceptively easy sipping at 8.5% ABV. I think the other Delirium series ales are better but I'm quite glad to have found this for about $8 at World Market a few weeks ago at their 20% off large format beer sale. It'd pair nicely with some warm brie and a fruit or nut compote topping.

delirium-deliria.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    http://www.citizen-times.com/story/n...ning/30778295/

Not sure who is more excited, me or Ricks68
    Ton Kiss is incorrect as far as Andrew Roberts being a partner, as he was bought out months ago. Also, I predict that we still will not be open by then. I originally predicted a late September opening many months ago, but that still may not happen. All the brewery and kitchen equipment is ready to be installed, but is off-site, as the sheet rock and painting are waiting to be completed. The bar is also not completed, and the final touches will still have to be taken care of.

Meanwhile, I occasionally raid the kegerator onsite for the best Pale Ale on draft that I have ever tasted.(smiley face)

ricks

Ton Kiss is incorrect as far as Andrew Roberts being a partner, as he was bought out months ago. Also, I predict that we still will not be open by then. I originally predicted a late September opening many months ago, but that still may not happen. All the brewery and kitchen equipment is ready to be installed, but is off-site, as the sheet rock and painting are waiting to be completed. The bar is also not completed, and the final touches will still have to be taken care of.

Meanwhile, I occasionally raid the kegerator onsite for the best Pale Ale on draft that I have ever tasted.(smiley face)

ricks
    At what point will I have access to said kegerator?

Sounds like it should be an immediate benefit upon commencing employment, unless ,of course, it's used as an additional means to recruit/retain valued employees.

I know someone that can let you have access to some if you arrange to come with that person on a weekday when they are doing some work at the brewhouse.

ricks

I know someone that can let you have access to some if you arrange to come with that person on a weekday when they are doing some work at the brewhouse.

ricks
    I happen to be off Friday and Monday

Sounds like it should be an immediate benefit upon commencing employment, unless ,of course, it's used as an additional means to recruit/retain valued employees.
    Hear, hear!

Fortnight, Bombshell and Brueprint get a little competition:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/loc...e29508706.html

ricks
    I happen to be off Friday and Monday
    You guys slay me.