Page 392 of 1398 FirstFirst ... 2923423823903913923933944024424928921392 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,840 of 27948

Thread: Ymm, Beer

  1. #7821
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Pear Ginger Beer-New Belgium Brewing

    Contains alcohol. No, really, that's printed on the bottle. This is another in their Lips of Faith series and poured a light golden with a moderately fizzy head that disappeared rather quickly. Aromas are pretty subtle and have a bit of lightly toasted bread, flowers, some underripe pear and a bit of ginger. The pear flavor is very mild and there's a bit of citrus, along with a moderate ginger bite and heat at the end. Target is the only hop listed and the 3 grains are Pale, White Wheat and Extra Special. Adjuncts include pear, ginger and lemon zest. Think Juicy Juice meets Canada Dry and ReaLemon walks by with a small squirt. Minimal bitterness with IBUs at 10 and the ABV is 7% so I divided my bomber over 2 nights. This would pair well with sweet and sour dishes or some mild Thai/Chinese food. Not one of my favorites of the LoF series but a pleasant ale for sipping on warm afternoons or evenings.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  2. #7822
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem

    W-S Brewing Scene Continues to Grow

    Wise Man Brewing to open on the edge of downtown in spring 2016. Really good location, next/close to the new Ziggy's. Also note the hat tip to "Asheville-style craft brewery atmosphere."
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  3. #7823
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Angry Angel-Big Boss Brewing

    Drink local!

    A very pleasant, light German kolsch-style ale. Poured a light straw color with floral scents and mildly bitter floral, apple and pear skin bitterness with hints of underripe apples and pears, too. Would match nicely with soft, creamy cheeses or even those with a bit of a bite. Also would pair well with lighter seafood fare. IBUs of 20 and ABV of 4.5% so I'll be ready for another variety beverage in a few more minutes.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  4. #7824
    When you're in Cali and the best beer you have is either Gordon Biersch or Anchor :-(

  5. #7825
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    When you're in Cali and the best beer you have is either Gordon Biersch or Anchor :-(
    Better than India...



    Wait, no Russian River, Green Flash, Lost Abbey?

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  6. #7826
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem

    Heads Up for Sexual Chocolate Fans

    BBA Version bottle release will now be August 8th, rather than the first weekend in September. Same camp-out drill as usual.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  7. #7827
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    BBA Version bottle release will now be August 8th, rather than the first weekend in September. Same camp-out drill as usual.
    <sigh>

    I'll make one of those sometime. Maybe.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  8. #7828
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    <sigh>

    I'll make one of those sometime. Maybe.
    Ditto. Maybe when I'm younger.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  9. #7829
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Asheville
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    <sigh>

    I'll make one of those sometime. Maybe.
    Hey guys. Just put in your order for as many Chocolatized Vortex II's as you want come Fall and I'll get them for you. It's better than the Sexual Chocolate, anyway.

    Wait, you are talking about the barrel aged instead of the regular SC, right? If so, that's a different story. I'd like to call in some chips here if you can somehow arrange for maybe a son-in-law, etc. to put in the extreme effort to somehow secure me a bottle.

    (Hummmmmm.... I have 2 bottles each for fuse and DD of special Burial releases still to deliver, so I may just hold them hostage.)

    ricks
    Last edited by ricks68; 07-17-2015 at 06:19 PM.

  10. #7830
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Hey guys. Just put in your order for as many Chocolatized Vortex II's as you want come Fall and I'll get them for you. It's better than the Sexual Chocolate, anyway.

    Wait, you are talking about the barrel aged instead of the regular SC, right? If so, that's a different story. I'd like to call in some chips here if you can somehow arrange for maybe a son-in-law, etc. to put in the extreme effort to somehow secure me a bottle.

    (Hummmmmm.... I have 2 bottles each for fuse and DD of special Burial releases still to deliver, so I may just hold them hostage.)

    ricks
    Good idea. In theory. We'll be outta town and don't think anyone I know is gonna go to the pre-party the night before for several hours with a vintage ale or two for sharing and then stand in line all night until they open at 8 AM for the BBA edition. I've suggested that route before without success.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  11. #7831
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem

    Stone/Baird/Ishi: Japanese Green Tea IPA Collaboration

    I decided this afternoon was the day to try my 22-ounce bomber of this offering (after the steamiest 18 holes of golf I have played in a long, long time). I quite liked it. The brewer's notes are here, and they are fairly accurate. The green tea notes shine through the hoppiness, and I found the beer quite refreshing and very well-paired with some nachos with avocado and Sriracha sauce. A nice blend of heat & hops.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  12. #7832
    Tavour

    Mail order beer- looked interesting.

    Haven't used it yet- if you use my referral code, we both get an order credit:

    I have [not yet] been using Tavour to get some of the best beers I have had. Try it. There is no commitment.

    Signup by clicking on this link https://www.tavour.com/?invitedby=25038 and we both get $10 after you purchase a beer.

    Or not...not delivering to NC yet.

  13. #7833
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem

    Fullsteam Fearrington Summer Ale: India Tea Ale with Lemon

    Seems I'm on a "beer with tea" kick lately, but I have become thoroughly enamored with Fullsteam's various Fearrington series offerings. This is the latest I have tried, after spying it on a recent trip to Stella Brew (how I love that place!). Pours a bright gold with a thick, foamy head. The hint of lemon is what really made this for me. Not overly hoppy for an India-style ale, and very sessionable (which appears to have been the intent). The tea flavors were not as pervasive as in the Stone collaboration, but I actually liked that better. This is another home run by Fullsteam, IMO.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  14. #7834
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    http://www.wral.com/raleigh-beer-gar...open/14785814/

    Whoa! This place has as many taps as the entire city of Asheville so who needs to drive to Buncombe County now?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  15. #7835
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Asheville
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    http://www.wral.com/raleigh-beer-gar...open/14785814/

    Whoa! This place has as many taps as the entire city of Asheville so who needs to drive to Buncombe County now?
    As a young guy looking to make his first home purchase in the next year or two, I've noticed that sadly Asheville is not going to be the place to do that. Maybe this will make me consider Raleigh...
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."
    -Thomas Jefferson

  16. #7836
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    As a young guy looking to make his first home purchase in the next year or two, I've noticed that sadly Asheville is not going to be the place to do that. Maybe this will make me consider Raleigh...
    Raleigh's not cheap either but we are willing to help you look. At homes, that is. Plus some breweries, maybe.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  17. #7837
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    http://www.wral.com/raleigh-beer-gar...open/14785814/

    Whoa! This place has as many taps as the entire city of Asheville so who needs to drive to Buncombe County now?
    Their lists:

    http://theraleighbeergarden.com/menu/


    Holy hops (and grains), Batman!!!!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  18. #7838
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Seems I'm on a "beer with tea" kick lately, but I have become thoroughly enamored with Fullsteam's various Fearrington series offerings. This is the latest I have tried, after spying it on a recent trip to Stella Brew (how I love that place!). Pours a bright gold with a thick, foamy head. The hint of lemon is what really made this for me. Not overly hoppy for an India-style ale, and very sessionable (which appears to have been the intent). The tea flavors were not as pervasive as in the Stone collaboration, but I actually liked that better. This is another home run by Fullsteam, IMO.
    I have one cooling in the fridge I was already excited about- looking forward to it even more now.

    I had the original Stone tea collaboration beer ( a review may be buried here somewhere) and remember enjoying it. I did not know they brewed it again, will have to look for it.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)
    ...be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry. (James 1:19)

  19. #7839
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Their lists:

    http://theraleighbeergarden.com/menu/


    Holy hops (and grains), Batman!!!!
    My youngest daughter just informed me that this joint (supposedly) has the world's largest selection of draft beer.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  20. #7840
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Asheville
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    My youngest daughter just informed me that this joint (supposedly) has the world's largest selection of draft beer.
    When I was in Denver back in April I stopped by a bar that claimed to have the world's largest draft beer selection.
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Similar Threads

  1. Ycch, Beer!
    By DevilAlumna in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 03-22-2020, 04:46 PM
  2. Who would you most want to have a beer with?
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 12:22 PM
  3. Beer League
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 09:43 AM
  4. Beer Question of Yore
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 04:07 PM
  5. Best Beer Commerical Ever!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 04:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •