Page 294 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1942442842922932942952963043443947941294 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,880 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Holy hops! This has the potential to be one of the most insanely delicious 12 pack assortments ever. I might have to buy two (or three) of them.

http://beercamp.sierranevada.com/bee...rewing_company
    Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Picked mine up today. DD, have you picked up yours? AW.
    Got mine today. Crafty Beer, with their second location only about 2 miles from our house, was sold out. Total Wine on Capital Boulevard has a one 12 pack limit per customer and you have to ask one of the employees to get that for you from their stockroom. $25/12 bottles. I'll start consuming and reviewing soon. Want to compare notes/reviews?
    Last edited by devildeac; 07-19-2014 at 02:15 PM.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Today's purchase, plus a $6 sampler from Big Boss taproom Friday, brings the July beer total costs to $136, or, more than I spent for the first 6 months of this year combined. But I just couldn't resist $2 off from each bottle of Carolus Easter and Ommegang Seduction.

Sam Adams Brick Red

Nothing but love for Sam Adams and this (apparently) local only draft Irish Red Ale. A bit on the sweet malty side, and maybe a close to Killians clone.

Good stuff, glad my wife pointed it out to me!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Green Flash Brewing. Co. -- Palate Wrecker

Grapefruit?!? Really?!?!?
    Palate Wrecker-Green Flash Brewing

I thought I had tasted one of these several years ago but can't find a review anywhere so it musta not happened. For duketaylor from the brewer:

"Weighing in at six pounds of hops per barrel, Palate Wrecker® stands up to the hoppiest heavyweight in the ring. A complex double-brewing process of mashing and sparging with hopped wort and special hop layering are the techniques used during a hop crisis define this champion. An abundance of Centennial, Columbus and Simcoe hops challenge and stun hop heads with an aggressive hop-forward attack. Your palate will recover, but you will remember that last round forever." (WTH is sparging?)

WARNING: This is a hop monster. 100+ IBU with an ABV of 9.5% make for a somewhat bitter but surprisingly balanced DIPA. I didn't think this one had much grapefruit aroma or taste, especially considering the Simcoe hops. I thought it was potent with pine and resin and perhaps a bit of cannabis with very little citrus taste and/or aroma. Poured a slightly cloudy orange-yellow with a moderate foamy head, this would make a fine beverage to share during a spicy/hot Szechuan or curry meal. This was a single 12 ouncer procured for $3.50 as part of my birthday gift from last month. If you are indeed a hophead, this one's for you. Otherwise, it's worth a single or draft purchase but not one I'd add to my regular rotation.

Going to Ardent Brewing today for the first time, will post later.

Played golf in Clarksville yesterday (and think) I've added another investor. He's keenly interested in how soon I could open. I hinted at November 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Going to Ardent Brewing today for the first time, will post later.

Played golf in Clarksville yesterday (and think) I've added another investor. He's keenly interested in how soon I could open. I hinted at November 1st.
    What year?

Just kidding. Still wishing you well and looking forward to my first pint.

According to the Raleigh Beer Guide which I picked up at the Big Boss taproom Friday, there are now 17 breweries in Raleigh, including Wake Forest, Cary, Apex, Holly Springs and Fuquay-Varina. There are 5 more listed as opening soon including Compass Rose, Clouds, Neuse River, Nickelpoint and Crazy House. Not nearly on the same scale as number of breweries per capita as Asheville but we'll give them a run for their money. There are also 14 more listed for the area including Durham, chappaheeya, Pittsboro, Clayton, Smithfield, Hillsborough, Carrboro and Angier.

Amstel Bright

Served in a clear glass bottle with a lime wedge.

All I could taste was cold, refreshing lime.

Will try again without the lime to see if there is any beer flavour hiding behind the lime.

According to the Raleigh Beer Guide which I picked up at the Big Boss taproom Friday, there are now 17 breweries in Raleigh, including Wake Forest, Cary, Apex, Holly Springs and Fuquay-Varina. There are 5 more listed as opening soon including Compass Rose, Clouds, Neuse River, Nickelpoint and Crazy House. Not nearly on the same scale as number of breweries per capita as Asheville but we'll give them a run for their money. There are also 14 more listed for the area including Durham, chappaheeya, Pittsboro, Clayton, Smithfield, Hillsborough, Carrboro and Angier.
    That is interesting. I'm curious, how many counties does that include? I believe the number of breweries in Buncombe County is 22 (+/- 2).

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    That is interesting. I'm curious, how many counties does that include? I believe the number of breweries in Buncombe County is 22 (+/- 2).
    I'm thinking it's three: Wake, Durham and Orange.

image.jpgnew Belgium Summer Helles. Kinda yeasty for my tastes, but not bad on a hot day. Not pairing well with homemade curry sauce. Maybe a sharp cheese, though.

I'm thinking it's three: Wake, Durham and Orange.
    Well that gives me another incentive to see family in Raleigh

Sometime last fall, I believe, I was home visiting family and decided to check out the new Granite Falls Brewing. I was so excited that little Granite Falls actually opened a brewery, but was disgusted to discover they were "out of beer" when I visited. How can you have a legitimate brewery and "run out of beer". The bartender was a sweetheart, and I decided to have a few of the guest taps that she offered. While the selection was very nice, including some from the neighboring Olde Hickory, it isn't what I went for. I have a few friends that work there now, so I promised them I would give them a second chance. Hopefully in a few weeks I will have some good things to report here from GFB.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Well that gives me another incentive to see family in Raleigh

Sometime last fall, I believe, I was home visiting family and decided to check out the new Granite Falls Brewing. I was so excited that little Granite Falls actually opened a brewery, but was disgusted to discover they were "out of beer" when I visited. How can you have a legitimate brewery and "run out of beer". The bartender was a sweetheart, and I decided to have a few of the guest taps that she offered. While the selection was very nice, including some from the neighboring Olde Hickory, it isn't what I went for. I have a few friends that work there now, so I promised them I would give them a second chance. Hopefully in a few weeks I will have some good things to report here from GFB.
    WTH? Fuse and I aren't family, too?

Oooh, but if you do come visit, then there's no delivery/postage charges on Asheville brewery products then.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    image.jpgnew Belgium Summer Helles. Kinda yeasty for my tastes, but not bad on a hot day. Not pairing well with homemade curry sauce. Maybe a sharp cheese, though.
    Not surprising to read that. Pale ales, IPAs and IIPAs usually make nice pairings with curry/hot/spicy dishes. The sharp cheese idea might work.

WTH? Fuse and I aren't family, too?

Oooh, but if you do come visit, then there's no delivery/postage charges on Asheville brewery products then.
    HA!

And have you two forgotten your long lost cousin in Asheville, Mattman? I've sadly never been to a game at Wally Wade...maybe Ricks and or Mountaindevil and I can drive down for a game and bring a nice bounty of Asheville ales!

Never been to Wally Wade? Huh?? Let's set a date to get together, need to include TruBluBBQ! I'll bring an assortment and get there early (this time)

Bought these this past week: Test Kitchen

55 gallon Boilermaker x3
    55 gallon false bottom
    Tower of Power stand w/pump
    TOP Controller
    March Pump
    Auto Sparge
    Hole punch for Auto Sparge
    Therminator (wort chiller)
    Stainless steel barbs (for pots)
    QuickConnect

Also purchased a dual burner. Expect all delivered this week. Time to get serious about brewing some beer

Never been to Wally Wade? Huh?? Let's set a date to get together, need to include TruBluBBQ! I'll bring an assortment and get there early (this time)
    I haven't been there for a game yet.

I'm definitely down for that! I have a cooler that is JUST big enough to hold all of the Green Man, Asheville Brewing, Highland, Hiwire, and perhaps some Wicked Weed?

Will there be an exhibition basketball game before or after one of the home October games?

55 gallon Boilermaker x3
    55 gallon false bottom
    Tower of Power stand w/pump
    TOP Controller
    March Pump
    Auto Sparge
    Hole punch for Auto Sparge
    Therminator (wort chiller)
    Stainless steel barbs (for pots)
    QuickConnect

Also purchased a dual burner. Expect all delivered this week. Time to get serious about brewing some beer
    Are you planning on canning/bottling soon after opening? Or are you going the brewpub route?

Have a bottling system in the works, yes.