Page 2122 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 112216222022207221122120212121222123 LastLast
Results 42,421 to 42,440 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    This afternoon at 5:00 some friends and I are off to raise a glass at The Community Tap in the bustling micro-city of Travelers Rest, SC.

At the moment I'm leaning toward the Sexual Chocolate Imperial Stout from Foothills Brewing.
    If I was in town in Asheville I would invite myself. I will try to make it to MtnDevil's beer shindig.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    If I was in town in Asheville I would invite myself. I will try to make it to MtnDevil's beer shindig.
    It's a blast, but definitely a lot more fun if the weather is good. I'll tell my buddy Billy you might be coming and maybe we can convince him.

My hope is some of the guys come back. I have been thinking about remaking this thread into a brewery thread. I LOVED the beer thread guys/girls, but didn't love the beer reviews. They did and it was their thread and I liked them a lot. But I do love visiting breweries and I frequently find those breweries are doing some good stuff with food as well. Maybe some of the old gang will stop back in.

My hope is some of the guys come back. I have been thinking about remaking this thread into a brewery thread. I LOVED the beer thread guys/girls, but didn't love the beer reviews. They did and it was their thread and I liked them a lot. But I do love visiting breweries and I frequently find those breweries are doing some good stuff with food as well. Maybe some of the old gang will stop back in.
    Eh, some bridges were burned when they left. Others were obliterated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I know. And I thought it was weird. But I did talk to those guys a lot. And delivered them some beers in person from my travels.

Mushroom.jpg
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    let me know when you have a pilgrimage up here...quite a few NC folk have...summer is a great time to visit.
    Is it sacrilege to say that I don't really care for Heady Topper all that much?

Of course, that doesn't stop me from feeling a sense of delight when I happen to come across it for sale somewhere.

And many still regularly lurk. Oh, well.

-jk

I was glad to see The Beer Goddess posted in the pandemic thread. Knew her as a resident. She was excellent. And most residents are pretty forgettable.

Ahhh, Breweries?

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    Ahhh, Breweries?
    We can keep the same name. There are beers there.

Here's one from a brewery we've all heard of. A crisp, full-bodied lager with faint hints of reminiscence and overtones of nostalgia.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Here's one from a brewery we've all heard of. A crisp, full-bodied lager with faint hints of reminiscence and overtones of nostalgia.

-jk
    Nice! I went to Gnarly Barley in Hammond, Louisiana a couple of weeks ago. Fun little place. Had a great Hefeweizen and a lager. Usually drawn to darker beers, but it was hot there.

A friend of mine visiting Colorado suggested Over Yonder Brewery. Interesting that they have an anniversary celebration this week.

Some interesting sounding beers. I don't think I'd defenestrate the server bringing me a Window Appointment, and I'd probably enjoy Stepped into Yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    A friend of mine visiting Colorado suggested Over Yonder Brewery. Interesting that they have an anniversary celebration this week.

Some interesting sounding beers. I don't think I'd defenestrate the server bringing me a Window Appointment, and I'd probably enjoy Stepped into Yesterday.
    That's some fine use of defenestration.

I no longer live in MA, but here's a brewery that might be a good choice for the next tailgate party at Wallace Wade.

https://irondukebrewing.com/

I'm not big on IPAs, but their Irish Red Ale sounds like it might be tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 15 View Post
    I no longer live in MA, but here's a brewery that might be a good choice for the next tailgate party at Wallace Wade.

https://irondukebrewing.com/

I'm not big on IPAs, but their Irish Red Ale sounds like it might be tasty.
    This brewery had some sort of legal dust-up with Duke a few years back, but it seems that they managed to keep the name (for now, at least). One of these days, I will finally get around to visiting to the Basketball Hall of Fame and will stop here afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    Is it sacrilege to say that I don't really care for Heady Topper all that much?

Of course, that doesn't stop me from feeling a sense of delight when I happen to come across it for sale somewhere.
    not in the least! That's the good thing about beer,, there are so many styles and brands...I might, however, become micro incensed were you to bad rap Hill Farmstead, makers of some of the very best beers in the world:https://hillfarmstead.com/

tomorrow is my birthday and we will be dining in Stowe at a place that features said beers...

I have said it before, but Yuengling is the world's greatest bad beer. It's not actually bad. It is just at the lower end of the flavor profile I will actually drink. And I kind of enjoy them.

I have said it before, but Yuengling is the world's greatest bad beer. It's not actually bad. It is just at the lower end of the flavor profile I will actually drink. And I kind of enjoy them.
    Hey, you know what they say. Beer is like sex. When its good, its great. When its bad, its still pretty good.