Page 2120 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1120162020202070211021182119212021212122 ... LastLast
Results 42,381 to 42,400 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Didn't mean to move this off-topic, my bad.

Deep Orbit Centaurus
    Other Half Brewing Company - Washington DC
    ABV:16.3%
    Notes: Imperial stout with vanilla, figs, almonds and cinnamon.

500 ML bottle that due to the ABV might need to be split over a couple of nights or shared. Not tonight.

The pour is black with an aroma of nuts and vanilla up front.
    Finish is vanilla with a backing of cinnamon and chocolate/almond - maybe amaretto?

First beer from Other Half, great stout, cat3. Gift from daughter. This is Hardywood-Incendiary good. Need to find out cost

Sous Chef - Aslin Beer Company
    Stout - Imperial / Double Pastry
    10% ABV

“The newest edition to the kitchen is Sous Chef, an Imperial Stout conditioned on waffles, blueberries, marshmallows and cocoa nibs. Right outta the gate you're met with a huge aroma of ripe blueberries. The blueberry is deftly balanced with a hint of waffle, bittersweet and rich cocoa and softened up with marshmallows. A delicious breakfast beer if there ever was one!”

Really do get a hint of blueberry and sweetness, and waffles. First sip I got cocoa, a bit harsh. Later I didn’t, liked it better without it. Didn’t really get marshmallow, but I was happy with the blueberry and waffle. Really a great breakfast/dessert stout. Gift from daughter, Aslin is out of Alexandria/Herndon Virginia. Will try and bring some to trade.

Hardywood Family Tree Box#3 will be out 7/30!

Peachy Keen (12.5% ABV) - 100% Old Fitzgerald Bourbon Barrel Aged Belgian Quad Re-fermented on Peaches

Hardy Barrel Blend (13.0 % ABV) - A Blend of Old Fitzgerald Bourbon Cru, Laird's Apple Brandy Wheatwine, Heaven hills Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine (Longboil) and a Touch of Laphroaig Scotch Barrel Aged imperial Milk Stout

There's Always Room For Pie (12.7% ABV) - Laird's Apple Brandy Ryewine and Larid's Apple Brandy Wheatwine finished with cinnamon, vanilla, and toasted coconut.

Outdoor pod concert last night in Richmond, order your beer thru the app and pickup. No cash. Couple of Bingo Beer Company choices, several from Stone. Chose Lager and Wheat from Bingo. Just okay. Stone IPAs were better.

Boulevard’s Rye on Rye is worth searching for. Well worth the effort, great malty ale, aged in Templeton barrels. Hefty abv at 14.3%.

I've gotta rebrew my blue moon knock off

Will do soon.

Gonna apply to be Randolph-Macon College golf coach this week. Anybody here have any contacts? I do have several, just looking, should be a fun week.

I’m Juneau where there are four breweries now (and one distillery). Biggest and first, the Alaska Brewery. They have a huge store downtown and run shuttles for tourists off the boats to their new tasting room 20 minutes from the docks. Devil’s Club, which had a Belgian quad better than the Alaskan Amber, favorite from Alaska brewery. Forbidden Peak has the best beer/food setup, they’re in Auk Bay and don’t get as many tourists. Barnaby’s Brewery had a great scotch ale.

Amalgam distillery is gin and whiskey focused, gin cocktails on tap.

Last time I was here was six years ago and there was only the Alaskan Brewery, things have grown.

While in Alaska I shared a BBA Hardywood Gingerbread Stout. Truly a great beer, 1st timing bringing to Juneau. Cat 3, coming around again this fall.

New Hardywood pre-order -

We are excited to offer Family Tree Members first access to our next Straight Talk release! Straight Talk Vol. V is a Rum Barrel-Aged Wheatwine with over 17 months of barrel aging time and a rich mahogany in color as you pour. Aromatics of brown sugar, almond, and rum soaked cake greet you in the nose; while flavors of coconut, toffee, and candied apple linger in the first sip. Straight Talk Vol. V finishes sweet, smooth, and warming.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22511/83460/

This was an appreciated gift from a dinner guest last night and it shall be devoured this evening. Very lovely can if that counts for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22511/83460/

This was an appreciated gift from a dinner guest last night and it shall be devoured this evening. Very lovely can if that counts for anything.
    “Very lovely can if that counts for anything”.

That’s how my mother-in-law describes me - the man who married her daughter - to her golfing buddies.

Two very nice beers

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35374/133386/

Had a 16 oz. pour of Haw River Farmhouse Ales' Sun Hands Summer Golden at The Brewer's Kettle in Kernersville, NC on Saturday. The high ABV of 10% was very well hidden behind 48 IBUs, honey malt and wildflower honey. Strong Ale indeed! This Saxapahaw, NC brewery rarely disappoints. Glad I had time to savor it before going out for BBQ at Little Richard's in Walkertown.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48745/473788/

Bought a 4-pack of New Anthem's (Wilmington, NC) Nothing But Blue Sky. My wife and I split a 16 oz. can poured into Teku glasses Sunday. Then split another. NA does NEIPAs very well. 6.6% ABV, unknown but at least 40 IBUs, plenty of lactose. Not quite as good as their Neon God from a couple years ago, but what is?
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35374/133386/

Had a 16 oz. pour of Haw River Farmhouse Ales' Sun Hands Summer Golden at The Brewer's Kettle in Kernersville, NC on Saturday. The high ABV of 10% was very well hidden behind 48 IBUs, honey malt and wildflower honey. Strong Ale indeed! This Saxapahaw, NC brewery rarely disappoints. Glad I had time to savor it before going out for BBQ at Little Richard's in Walkertown.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48745/473788/

Bought a 4-pack of New Anthem's (Wilmington, NC) Nothing But Blue Sky. My wife and I split a 16 oz. can poured into Teku glasses Sunday. Then split another. NA does NEIPAs very well. 6.6% ABV, unknown but at least 40 IBUs, plenty of lactose. Not quite as good as their Neon God from a couple years ago, but what is?
    Sun Hands is awesome and, although I have not had this particular New Anthem offering, I'm a HUGE NA fan.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Oops! Chocolate stout barred from sale after child mistakes it for chocolate milk.

Get ‘em hooked early!

-jk

Trip to Ardent this weekend -

Red Wine Barrel Aged Dark Rye

This special Dark Rye variant was originally brewed in 2018, then aged in red wine barrels over the winter. The result is distinctly wine-forward, with notable oaky barrel attributes complementing the chocolatey base. Lightly carbonated to enhance the wine character, this bold stout is a celebration of wine and beer together. 10.7% ABV

Our 2021 Summer American Sour Blend is a small-batch blend of saison aged two years in apple brandy barrels, balancing a complex sour expression with notes of apricot and peppery, oaky spice. Cloudy, golden, and effervescent, Summer American Sour Blend is a mixed culture farmhouse ale that was uniquely aged in the barrel garage and available only at the Ardent taproom.

7% ABV
    25 IBU

Have to get this one ready - Hardywood

Fun fact: Family Tree Exclusive beer, Tom Cat Wheatwine, just won a Bronze medal at the Virginia Craft Beer Cup!

11.5% ABV
    18 IBU

Could a wheatwine get any better? Wonderful aromatics of orange, toffee, and cinnamon arrange themselves in layers with deep inhales before you go in for the first taste. A pleasant surprise of dark fruits and honey meet subtle rosemary in flavor and aroma as you swallow. Aged in Tom Cat gin barrels, this is barrel aging beauty at it’s finest, folks.

My plan for the evening - Hardywood

“All that and then Plum”

9.6% ABV
    15 IBU

Once upon a time, a Belgian strong golden ale met a Chardonnay oak barrel. A rare match made in barrel aging heaven, this beautiful beer kissed the inside of fresh oak barrels for 13 months before being refermented on plum and local Virginia honey for a bright and fruit forward offering, perfect for a sunny spring picnic. Family Tree exclusive

BUBBLE WRAP - Other Half Brewing

Aged 12-27 months with Weldwerks and The Veil Brewing. We got together with our buddies at Weldwerks and The Veil to blend up this non adjunct imperial stout with barrels from all three breweries. Each brewery picked through some of their best barrels to help create this team effort blend. With barrels ranging from 12-27 months in age this blend is designed to bring together the best-of-mix of characteristics from barrel aged stouts.

ABV
    13.2%

BBA stout with hazelnuts, vanilla, and cacao nibs.

A lot going on as you can imagine from a beer blended from barrels from three breweries.

A lot of chocolate, bourbon, hint of vanilla. Rich and smooth. Easy cat3. Gift from daughter, probably expensive for 500ml.

How Asheville beer plays in Peoria

About time to bump this up

The local Asheville paper ran this article by a reporter for the Peoria Journal Star who happened to spend a few days in Asheville drinking beer. The article is behind a paywall, but the paper lets you read a limited number of articles a month.

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/...ry/8700455002/

Some amusing (for me) parts:

The author writes glowingly about the taprooms in Asheville's "South Slope" area. The name is nothing more than a real estate tactic to gentrify what ten or so years ago was a light industrial area and is now filling up with condos and taprooms. A former student of mine has his studio in that area and has watched with despair as he is becoming priced out of the location along with all the auto body shops.

The Sierra Nevada brewery is described as "beer Disney World," and mostly for tourists, which I completely agree with, having been exactly once when I first moved here and haven't been back.

There was a funny description of the Highwire brewery, which I will not spoil for those who choose the read the article.

Sorry to see this thread become inactive & thought it could use a refresh.

Section 15