Page 2118 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1118161820182068210821162117211821192120 ... LastLast
Results 42,341 to 42,360 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Need beer ideas to go with Coach K’s retirement announcement.

Cousin Cru - Hardywood

11 month aged Barleywine in Basil Hayden barrels blended with 11 month aged Belgian Quad in Basil Hayden barrels. 12.8%.

Malty, bourbon, dark fruit, caramel. Great beer. Cat3.

JackieO’s Bourbon Barrel Skipping Stone -
    Belgian style Quad Ale aged in bourbon barrels.

“A timeless action of nature in motion inspired a beer both rich and elegant. Bourbon Barrel Aged Skipping Stone exudes powerful notes of caramel, dark fruit, spice, and oak. A beautiful beer to imbibe in subtle surroundings, where the mind can roam.”

STYLE [BELGIAN STYLE QUAD ALE
    ABV 13%
    HOPS [CZECH SAZZ]
    OTHER INGREDIENTS [DARK BELGIAN CANDIED SYRUP

Rich, smooth, balance of bourbon and chocolate. Cat3. My favorite from JackieO’s.

Red Oak Lager - favorite draft from the Washington Duke Inn bar.
    5% ABV 18 IBU

Red Oak Bavarian Amber Lager is an old-style lager made with imported Munich malt that is custom kilned to our specifications, which gives this beer a one-of-a-kind body and flavor. Our hops are imported from Bavaria, the oldest hop-growing region in the world, and we ferment with a proprietary lager yeast strain (which we do not filter) to give the beer its unique cloudiness and daily supply of Vitamin B. As with all of our beers, Red Oak is brewed in accordance to the 1516 Bavarian Purity Law, contains no preservatives, and is never pasteurized, making it fresh, pure and wholesome.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Red Oak Lager - favorite draft from the Washington Duke Inn bar.
    5% ABV 18 IBU

Red Oak Bavarian Amber Lager is an old-style lager made with imported Munich malt that is custom kilned to our specifications, which gives this beer a one-of-a-kind body and flavor. Our hops are imported from Bavaria, the oldest hop-growing region in the world, and we ferment with a proprietary lager yeast strain (which we do not filter) to give the beer its unique cloudiness and daily supply of Vitamin B. As with all of our beers, Red Oak is brewed in accordance to the 1516 Bavarian Purity Law, contains no preservatives, and is never pasteurized, making it fresh, pure and wholesome.
    This just might be the best “go-to beer” I have encountered. I have never been disappointed with a Red Oak amber.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    This just might be the best “go-to beer” I have encountered. I have never been disappointed with a Red Oak amber.
    In the early days of Red Oak Brewery distribution, I would occasionally receive a draft Amber that hadn't been kept cold. Skunky😲.

But this hasn't happened in a long time. Fresh beer can't be beat!

Red Oak rules.

From Hardywood today/Thursday -

This Thursday, June 10th we are excited to host a casual tank tasting at our downtown location of the first small-batch brew out of our Richmond R&D brewhouse, It All Makes Sense! This extremely exciting and limited beer is a Triple Dry-Hopped Triple IPA ringing in at 10.0% ABV. Bursting with Citrus and Tropical fruits from Mosaic, Citra, and El Dorado hops, this beer is full bodied and soft on the palate. The pleasant hop aromas and flavors will make you realize it really does all make sense.
    Ymmmm, Beer.

ARDENT
    Honey Ginger release

🍯 Now it's officially summertime: Honey Ginger is back today! 🍯

Honey Ginger is a spiced ale brewed with locally sourced honey and fresh, hand-peeled ginger. This medium-bodied beer pours a deep copper color, balancing mild honey sweetness and a spicy ginger bite in a refreshing summer seasonal.

7.8% ABV
    18 IBU

A go-to beer. Waiting for the BBA version this winter.

Shout-out to Silver Reef Brewing from St. George, Utah. A good session IPA and red ale. The Mexican lager and amber ale were also serviceable.

Hardywood-
    Getting to vote on the 2021 reunion ale - three exceptional choices -

Old Fitzgerald 8 year Bourbon Barrel aged Belgian Quadrupel: This beer is our classic Belgian Quadrupel aged in these barrels for 6 months. Round and smooth with notes of sherry and toffee. Batch WC411 filled on 1/5/2021. 11.0% ABV

Henry McKenna 8 year Bourbon Barrel aged Long Boil Barleywine: This beer is a Barleywine using only Marris otter Malt and boiled for over 3 hours in the kettle to caramelize the malt sugars promoting toffee and dark fruit characteristics while providing rich mahogany color. Relatively young in it's age, these barrels have 5 months age under their belts for a striking bourbon characteristic. Batch WC429 filled on 2/16/2021. 13.9% ABV

Laird's Apple Brandy Barrel aged Hi Gravity Imperial Milk Stout: This beer is our high gravity Milk Stout aged 18 months in these barrels. With a massive malt bill and extreme high starting gravity leaving rich sweet chocolate malt characteristics in the finished beer. Batch WC257 filled on 1/15/2020. 13.75% ABV

Sipping on a Hardywood Peach Triple

As my "Blue Moon" brew ferments nearby. My first brew in 4 years. Hope I didn't screw it up.
    Played today in the VCU athletics fund raising golf tourney. We missed 2 putts of import, shot -19. Great team effort, great team!! Fun hitting mid irons into par 5s.
    Yes, we're the team u say "no freakin way."

Incendiary brewery - Winston Salem NC

Our Darkest Days BBA stout with walnut & cinnamon. 13.2% abv

The Bourbon is prominent, then comes the walnut with fig and cherry tones next. Get the cinnamon on the finish. The Bourbon and oak are throughout. Full bodied with moderate carbonation.

Another impressive barrel-aged stout from Incendiary; they aged this in Weller barrels.
    500ml bottle, excellent stout. Cat3. Thanks RJ!

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Incendiary brewery - Winston Salem NC

Our Darkest Days BBA stout with walnut & cinnamon. 13.2% abv

The Bourbon is prominent, then comes the walnut with fig and cherry tones next. Get the cinnamon on the finish. The Bourbon and oak are throughout. Full bodied with moderate carbonation.

Another impressive barrel-aged stout from Incendiary; they aged this in Weller barrels.
    500ml bottle, excellent stout. Cat3. Thanks RJ!
    I'm going to have to make it to W-S to try out a flight there soon. A friend loves the Cugino Forno pizza spot in Greensboro, and I gather the one in Winston is next door. The issue is to get my wife to bypass Wise Man or Fiddlin' Fish.

That Fish Cray, whatever you say!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I'm going to have to make it to W-S to try out a flight there soon. A friend loves the Cugino Forno pizza spot in Greensboro, and I gather the one in Winston is next door. The issue is to get my wife to bypass Wise Man or Fiddlin' Fish.

That Fish Cray, whatever you say!
    Make a day of it and hit all four. Plus Foothills. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Make a day of it and hit all four. Plus Foothills. 😁
    Sounds exciting, but the reality would not be pretty.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Clay St. DIPA
    Ardent Craft Ales

8% ABV 60 IBU
    “Our freshest release in the Scott’s Addition series, Clay St. DIPA is a modern throwback to the sort of IPA that turned you on to craft beer in the first place.”

Clay St. DIPA is a west coast inspired DIPA double dry hopped with Michigan Chinook & New Zealand Moteuka hops, exhibiting dank, resiny character alongside notes of pineapple and citrus. This is a crystal clear, copper colored DIPA, with medium body, bright mouthfeel, and some perceived bitterness on the finish.

This was part of a great idea/purchase - a four pack of four different Ardent IPAs.

JackieO’s- Kentucky Monk

Imperial Belgian style Golden ale brewed with honey and aged in bourbon barrels.

“An old favorite returns for one more run. First released from our Brewpub many years ago, Kentucky Monk rides again after 12 months of aging in bourbon barrels. Alongside notes of nutty toffee and orange marmalade, an exorbitant kettle addition of Pacific Northwest Meadowfoam honey lends sweet clover and toasted marshmallow tones to this particular potable.”

This is an excellent beer - high praise when I say it’s part Bourbon Cru and Honey Ginger. Not really any ginger but you get the bourbon, honey, a bit malty. Boozy at 14.2% abv, but smooth.

Back to back JackieO’s-
    Wood Ya Honey

“Wheat Wine style ale brewed with honey and aged in bourbon barrels
    Wood Ya Honey is a wheat wine style ale brewed with generous
    amounts of local wild flower honey. After aging in bourbon barrels
    for one year, this beer emerges with the decadent character of
    dripping honey comb, marzipan, and raisin.”

Caramel, honey, bourbon. Don’t think I’ve ever had a wheat wine style ale that hasn’t been BBA. 12% abv.

HOPS-HALLERTAU/WILLAMETTE
    MALTS-2-ROW/MUNICH/SPECIAL B
    AGING METHOD-BOURBON BARREL
    OTHER INGREDIENTS-LOCAL WILD FLOWER HONEY

With football season approaching, I need to catch up on all these reviews so I know what I’m drinking at tailgate.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    With football season approaching, I need to catch up on all these reviews so I know what I’m drinking at tailgate.
    I’ll be there 9/10 to start tailgating too!