Page 2117 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1117161720172067210721152116211721182119 ... LastLast
Results 42,321 to 42,340 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Saturday was dry.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Woman in Black-Legend Brewing Company

Local for Nrrrrvous. Thanks!! A classic imperial/doppelbock which poured dark amber with a generous, light tan head, aromas of caramel and toasted bread and tastes to match with hints of dark, dried fruits. ABV 9.5% and a good pairing with almost anything pork/beef off the grill. The Germans set the standard but this was easily low cat 3 good.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Woman in Black-Legend Brewing Company

Local for Nrrrrvous. Thanks!! A classic imperial/doppelbock which poured dark amber with a generous, light tan head, aromas of caramel and toasted bread and tastes to match with hints of dark, dried fruits. ABV 9.5% and a good pairing with almost anything pork/beef off the grill. The Germans set the standard but this was easily low cat 3 good.
    Good to hear! I have one of those in the "on-deck circle" of the fridge. Looking forward to trying it.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Good to hear! I have one of those in the "on-deck circle" of the fridge. Looking forward to trying it.
    I really like that style (bock/doppelbock) and have since my entry into the craft beer world. I believe you'll like it a lot.

Southern Pines Misty Haze NEIPA

On draft. A fantastic beer. A slightly more rounded, more melon-based flavor profile than Juice Jitsu, but of similar quality. I could drink A LOT of this beer.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Drank a lot of good beer in the past week or so. A lot. Some Veil, some NG, some RBC. (Mrs. Nrrrrvous enjoyed the second of the Hell Yes Mamacita!)

Came back to RVA today to an empty fridge, going to have to restock tonight.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Southern Pines Misty Haze NEIPA

On draft. A fantastic beer. A slightly more rounded, more melon-based flavor profile than Juice Jitsu, but of similar quality. I could drink A LOT of this beer.
    Pour Misty for me? Sounds tasty.

Drank a lot of good beer in the past week or so. A lot. Some Veil, some NG, some RBC. (Mrs. Nrrrrvous enjoyed the second of the Hell Yes Mamacita!)

Came back to RVA today to an empty fridge, going to have to restock tonight.
    We *might* be even on bad cans of beer with your chunky Mamacita and my wildly foamy Double Biggie S'mores from minutes ago.

We *might* be even on bad cans of beer with your chunky Mamacita and my wildly foamy Double Biggie S'mores from minutes ago.
    Yeah, that sucks. But apparently they usually do the Biggie S'mores variants every year so we should see it again.

Yeah, that sucks. But apparently they usually do the Biggie S'mores variants every year so we should see it again.
    Please add one to my delivery if you see it again. It ended up not too bad.

Moscatel Barrel Magellan-Wolf's Ridge Brewing

Local for our son. Thanks! Woulda been great for DinK's wine barrel-aged beer Virtual Pub. Imperial stout aged in moscatel barrels for 18 months with ingredients from >6 countries, including maple syrup, cacao, vanilla with prominent and decadent tastes of all. 13% ABV in an 8 ounce bottle, a perfect nightcap one day last week. High cat 3.

Sunday was dry. Some of us have to work.

IREALLYdontwanttoBU-The Veil Brewing

No, IREALLYdontwanttoBU.

VP (yep, the fad continues) on Saturday; invitation by PM only.

Such a great beer. I'll venture you like this better than the BBA GBS; is that correct?
    You are correct. It’s more of a year round beer, BBA GBS a bit more seasonal. Plus the 12oz. stubbies format has lent itself to a more frequent selection.

But boy is BBA GBS a beer for the ages. Blew my mind and taste buds when it came out, and continues to. And with all the variants. Changed my whole beer landscape.

Moscatel Barrel Magellan-Wolf's Ridge Brewing

Local for our son. Thanks! Woulda been great for DinK's wine barrel-aged beer Virtual Pub. Imperial stout aged in moscatel barrels for 18 months with ingredients from >6 countries, including maple syrup, cacao, vanilla with prominent and decadent tastes of all. 13% ABV in an 8 ounce bottle, a perfect nightcap one day last week. High cat 3.
    Made me look it up -

The Moscatel is one of the sherry grapes with pronounced fruity notes typical of this kind of grape which has greater aromatic personality. The Moscatel vineyards are close to the beach in sandy soils with considerable maritime influence.

Tasting Notes
    Ranging from chestnut to an intense mahogany in colour, with a pronounced density and tearing. The characteristic varietal notes of muscatel grapes stand out in the nose with the presence of the floral aromas of jasmine, orange blossom and honey suckle in addition to citric notes of lime and grapefruit and other hints of sweetness. It has a restrainedly sweet palate with predominant varietal and floral notes leading to a slightly dry, bitter finish.