Page 2114 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1114161420142064210421122113211421152116 ... LastLast
Results 42,261 to 42,280 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

The 2019 canned version; not sure they brewed it last year but I did searched in August, their usual release time.

183fa2680363fa3b9c42cab1f73d5990_640x640.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I passed on this one for a mini-growler on Friday because Hubris was victorious...
    You did not do Brilliant Stuff with that decision. Literally.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I did consider two mini-growlers...

I did consider two mini-growlers...
    But Hubris got the best of you?

Lemme research some old Hubris reviews which helped lead to my decision. I'll be back.

But Hubris got the best of you?
    Often does.

Lemme research some old Hubris reviews which helped lead to my decision. I'll be back.
    Here's one from 9/2019:

"From now because we all need a but more:

Hubris-Lynnwood Brewing Concern

Canned on
    08/21/19

I bought it a day later after asking a bartender if any was available in 4 packs and he had to call the brewmaster to find out where it was "hidden."

I'm not sure they changed much from 2018 with the same hops, IBUs (IIRC) and ABV at 8.7% instead of 8.8% (again, IIRC). Like drinking a tropical/citrus fruit salad with grapefruit, pineapple, orange, mango and papaya along with assorted rinds/skins and hints of dank/pine/resin. This is easily comparable to Brewery Bhavana's IIPA/s whose name/s I can't recall. $22 for the 4 pack plus tax and I shoulda bought 2 (or three). Easily Cat 3 and one I could drink several of in an evening if I wanted to sleep on the floor for 12-14 hours."

This is beginning to feel a little like this:

Here's the one that really prompted me to roll with the Hubris; from 8/2019:

"Hubris (draft)-Lynnwood brewing Concern

Release party was 8/17 and we already had plans to go(se) to the NC mountains so I was delighted to find this at the brewery today on a 2 block "detour" on the way home from work. Bartender said he was aware of no cans for sale so I got my snifter and made my way to their warehouse dock/porch. Two minutes later he came back with bad news/good news. He apologized for "lying" (bad news) that they had no cans but did call the brewmaster who directed him to the pallet in their storage area where he found many cases of it covered up and was instructed to start loading the cooler and he'd have a 4 pack ready for me after I finished my snifter (good news and more good news). I also got to chat with the brewmaster when he arrived for work as I completed my purchase and complimented him on the 2018 and 2019 versions. Snifter and 4 pack were the same price last year and today.

I'm not sure much has changed except the IBUs are down a bit at 50 along with the ABV at 8.4% which, considering its appearance, tastes and advanced metrics, *almost* places this in the NEIPA category. Hops include Amarillo, Citra, Simcoe and Mosaic and the tastes are explosions of citrus, tropical and stone fruits/juices with a pleasant rind-y bitterness. Worth the journey. Easily among the best IIPAs in the state and definitely a Cat 3 again this year."

This is beginning to feel a little like this:

Ok, ok, I'll look for some Brilliant Stuff, too, this week.

Ok, ok, I'll look for some Brilliant Stuff, too, this week.

To be clear: I share no financial interest in WMB. Only an acronym.

Here's the one that really prompted me to roll with the Hubris; from 8/2019:

"Hubris (draft)-Lynnwood brewing Concern

Release party was 8/17 and we already had plans to go(se) to the NC mountains so I was delighted to find this at the brewery today on a 2 block "detour" on the way home from work. Bartender said he was aware of no cans for sale so I got my snifter and made my way to their warehouse dock/porch. Two minutes later he came back with bad news/good news. He apologized for "lying" (bad news) that they had no cans but did call the brewmaster who directed him to the pallet in their storage area where he found many cases of it covered up and was instructed to start loading the cooler and he'd have a 4 pack ready for me after I finished my snifter (good news and more good news). I also got to chat with the brewmaster when he arrived for work as I completed my purchase and complimented him on the 2018 and 2019 versions. Snifter and 4 pack were the same price last year and today.

I'm not sure much has changed except the IBUs are down a bit at 50 along with the ABV at 8.4% which, considering its appearance, tastes and advanced metrics, *almost* places this in the NEIPA category. Hops include Amarillo, Citra, Simcoe and Mosaic and the tastes are explosions of citrus, tropical and stone fruits/juices with a pleasant rind-y bitterness. Worth the journey. Easily among the best IIPAs in the state and definitely a Cat 3 again this year."
    Sounds delicious. I cannot (reasonably) fault your Decision.

Sounds delicious. I cannot (reasonably) fault your Decision.
    If Stella or Lowe's Foods ever gets a keg of this, you should try to procure a mini/growler. I won't claim it's the best west coast style IIPA brewed but you will be pleased; very pleased. Not sure how far the draft gets distributed but the cans rarely/ever have made it for sale outside the brewery.

Hardywood Peach Tripel

Just an amazing beer. Surpasses New Glarus Triple 5, for instance. The peach flavors are balanced perfectly in this. 8.2% ABV, which is just the right gravity, IMO. Excellent stuff from Hardywood, yet again.

Más Agave Lime + a spicy pub mix = amazing combo.

Black and Blue Tastee-The Veil Brewing

Local. Many thanks Nrrrrvous!! Smoothie sour with blackberries, blueberries and lactose. 5.5% ABV. Nice dinner pairing. Low cat 3.

Hardywood Peach Tripel

Just an amazing beer. Surpasses New Glarus Triple 5, for instance. The peach flavors are balanced perfectly in this. 8.2% ABV, which is just the right gravity, IMO. Excellent stuff from Hardywood, yet again.
    That beer was very tastee at a Richmond Squirrels game in early July, 2018 from the Hardywood kiosk and a good deal at $8/16 ounce draft.

Más Agave Lime + a spicy pub mix = amazing combo.
    Mouth-watering.

Ellie Swan home brew

Local from our son's friend. Thanks. Chocolate covered pomegranate porter. 6% ABV. Nice pairing with a couple pieces of gifted homemade fudge from a family friend.