Page 2108 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 11081608200820582098210621072108210921102118 ... LastLast
Results 42,141 to 42,160 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well, I was working four jobs to pay Burlington rent, so I had very little in the way of disposable income at the time.
    Had no idea rent could be that high .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    It was a crazy week last week.

Tuesday night I ended up in Zion Brewpub after an easy walk up the Temple of Sinawava trail.

First, I must say, the food was disappointing this time around. They've completely changed their menu and it was not nearly as good. But, this is not the food thread so...

I tried a new one, their Juicy IPA, no name, just Juicy IPA,

Pretty darned good, I must say. Even in a crowded field it was an easy upper Cat 2.

Then I had my favorite, the Springdale Amber. Just as good as I remember. Nice, upper Cat 2, lower cat 3. If you ever visit, put together a flight but definitely include this one.

If I were to do it over, I would probably get my beer at Zion Brewpub and then have dinner at Oscar's, where they also have a generous tap list.

Zion National Park is still beautiful, everyone should visit at least once!
    Friends are visiting Zion, Bryce and other assorted NP over the next 3 weeks and I recommended Oskar's for one of their meals. They'll report back next month. Always something valuable on Ymm, Beer. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That's really not a bad price at all, especially for a beer that is probably 8% ABV, if not a bit higher.
    is it that high? They were just really basic bar bottles, tasted more like an average beer back then...they were prevalent at a lot of mini marts...

Friends are visiting Zion, Bryce and other assorted NP over the next 3 weeks and I recommended Oskar's for one of their meals. They'll report back next month. Always something valuable on Ymm, Beer. Thanks for sharing.
    Don't know about the beer scene there, but Ruby's Inn at Bryce Canyon (now owned by Best Western) has historically been the best lodging option. And I have had more distant relatives work there than you could shake a stick at.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I like to have some once in a while to break the IPA momentum a bit...also like the occasional colon arousing Porter...Double Bags are now $10.99/6, so not bad compared with other choices these days...the days of me picking up cases of refillable Stegmaier for $5.50 per case (yes) seem to be in the rear view mirror.
    The pride of Wilkes-Barre. Known as Steg-a-my-heart to those of us who appreciated it's cost when it showed up on Duke's campus (a friend brought it from home and distributed it for free).

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    The pride of Wilkes-Barre. Known as Steg-a-my-heart to those of us who appreciated it's cost when it showed up on Duke's campus (a friend brought it from home and distributed it for free).
    a friend and I really got into it...it was pretty unique in that it was generally sold in 12 packs, bar bottles that looked to be 20 years old, really worn and battered, but with new labels..and $2.75 for 12 was attractive...funny that it's from Wilkes Barre, I've got me some roots in the Scranton, WB, Avoca region...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    is it that high? They were just really basic bar bottles, tasted more like an average beer back then...they were prevalent at a lot of mini marts...
    It's 7.2% ABV so I was off by 0.8% ABV. Should've looked at the stats before quoting something based on memory and/or the eye test.

https://untappd.com/b/long-trail-bre...ouble-bag/8700

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Don't know about the beer scene there, but Ruby's Inn at Bryce Canyon (now owned by Best Western) has historically been the best lodging option. And I have had more distant relatives work there than you could shake a stick at.
    Hmm, I'll have to find out where our friends are staying and report back early/mid June.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    Wish I could remember who told the story at one of our tailgates a few years ago about getting 6ers of some swill for $0.99 when they were at Duke. August West maybe?

Saturday night was not dry/dark.

Double Bag-Long Trail Brewing Company

Altbier

From Untappd:

"This malty, full-bodied double alt is also known as “Stickebier” – German slang for “secret brew”. Long Trail Double Bag was originally offered only in our brewery taproom as a special treat to our visitors. With an alcohol content of 7.2%, please indulge in moderation. The Long Trail Brewing Company is proud to have Double Bag named Malt Advocate’s “Beer of the Year” in 2001. Malt Advocate is a national magazine devoted to “expanding the boundaries of fine drinks”. Their panel of judges likes to keep things simple, and therefore of thousands of eligible competitors they award only two categories: “Imported” and “Domestic”. It is a great honor to receive this recognition."

Wise Man Brewing Strike Fire West Coast IPA

Another hit from WMB. 6.6% ABV. IBUs at 73. You would never, ever guess IBUs that high on this beer. The bitterness was exceptionally well hidden. Good piney flavors. A hint of caramel. Bright gold color. Another well-executed WMB offering. Worth tracking down.

Sunday night was not dark or dry.

I re-visited Boulevard BBA Quad tonight, and totally get why accfan raves about it!

I re-visited Boulevard BBA Quad tonight, and totally get why accfan raves about it!
    Great! Seems like I pickup a 4-pack whenever I see it. A “go to” beer.

Wise Man Brewing Strike Fire West Coast IPA

Another hit from WMB. 6.6% ABV. IBUs at 73. You would never, ever guess IBUs that high on this beer. The bitterness was exceptionally well hidden. Good piney flavors. A hint of caramel. Bright gold color. Another well-executed WMB offering. Worth tracking down.
    So many beers, so little time...

The Rye-on-Rye *might* be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Great! Seems like I pickup a 4-pack whenever I see it. A “go to” beer.
    Another Wise Man...

Sunday night was not dark or dry.
    f11315d593432eb8a4e7bebfe8800d5c_640x640.jpg