Page 2107 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 11071607200720572097210521062107210821092117 ... LastLast
Results 42,121 to 42,140 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Sometimes we save the good stuff for ourselves.
    A sound plan.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I just drank mine (thanks accfan!!) last night. I'm definitely wondering how it would be with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. That's all I kept thinking as I sipped on it.

A delicious dessert beer! I would rank it right about where you did.
    I've always "reserved" my scoop of ice cream for a porter or a stout but your idea is tempting.

I need to sneak one of these in the fridge here! I've been trying to finish some of the others that I received from RJ and accfan before I put more in! So much good beer, so little time!
    Yea, I'm gonna have to chill one this weekend and share with my wife. I think she still prefers the Belgian Red a bit more than the Raspberry Tart but liked the Cranbic and Apple, especially when I "mixed" New Glarus fruit beer cocktails.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    two deliciously malty Long Trail Double Bags punctuated yesterday's activities as summer weather finally arrived...I believe DD has sampled these.
    I bought a 6er of the Double Bags on a cousin's suggestion I'd guess about 15 years ago in NJ, IIRC, when we visited and remember them fondly. Don't find many of that style ("This malty, full-bodied double alt is also known as “Stickebier” – German slang for “secret brew”.) brewed in the US:

3258bda1e36b2d0d96cb811b062cfe50_c_1029200745_640x640.jpg

Mrs. Nrrrrvous doesn't like "Veil" (too many IPAs and Smoothies) but she was sad to see this one was no longer available. I'm pretty sure of the 8 I bought, you got one, I got one and she got the rest!
    The only fair way to divvy up your purchase. I'm actually surprised you and I got any.

BTW, welcome back!!

Any Richmond brew can make it to Winston-Salem if you give us a month's notice!!
    Hey, don't bypass the Capital City on your way out "west."

It was a crazy week last week.

Tuesday night I ended up in Zion Brewpub after an easy walk up the Temple of Sinawava trail.

First, I must say, the food was disappointing this time around. They've completely changed their menu and it was not nearly as good. But, this is not the food thread so...

I tried a new one, their Juicy IPA, no name, just Juicy IPA,

Pretty darned good, I must say. Even in a crowded field it was an easy upper Cat 2.

Then I had my favorite, the Springdale Amber. Just as good as I remember. Nice, upper Cat 2, lower cat 3. If you ever visit, put together a flight but definitely include this one.

If I were to do it over, I would probably get my beer at Zion Brewpub and then have dinner at Oscar's, where they also have a generous tap list.

Zion National Park is still beautiful, everyone should visit at least once!
    That combination of events sounds almost magical. Zion NP is definitely on our visit list for our NP parks tour in the next year or two.

Last Wednesday, I went to my favorite restaurant in Cedar City, UT.

They only have 4 taps (but a pretty good can/bottle selection) but one of them was a Wasatch Apricot Hef which I enjoyed with my Gorgonzola and Grape salad and my Pollo Bianco Pizza.

Wasatch does some great beers, probably my fave out of Utah. This one did not disappoint. I would definitely recommend. High cat 2?
    Did you get to sip a Devastator while in UT?

Last Thursday I ended up at the only brewery in Cedar City, UT. - Policy Kings

I asked the bartender for the best of the 8 or so they had on tap and he brought me a Lavender-Honey Hefeweizen. He put a slice of lemon on the glass, which worried me a bit. It wasn't bad but something, maybe the Lavender, left a not great aftertaste. I then went back for their IPA and it was much better.
    I'd probably not recommend the Hef but would definitely recommend their IPA.
    Haven't had many beers with lavender in them and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't order one unless it was on a sampler/flight and I had to fill out the rack with a 5th (or 6th, or 7th, or 8th...) beer.

Last Friday - New Belgium Taproom at the Denver Airport (Luckily dinner was on the company!)

I enjoyed their Sour IPA so much that I bought a second! Perfect balance of the sour/bitter. Went very nicely with the chipotle chicken tacos.

That's the 3rd or 4th Sour from New Belgium that I have really enjoyed. They've moved up in my world.
    Even better when beers and lunches/dinners are on the company tab!!

two deliciously malty Long Trail Double Bags punctuated yesterday's activities as summer weather finally arrived...I believe DD has sampled these.
    Double Bag used to be quite an indulgence for me back in the VT days. It was tasty, strong, and expensive.

Wish we could get Long Trail down here...

Enough catching up on beer. I gotta go to work!
    Ha! You've been busy this morning and I enjoyed reading. Thanks for the recap! Glad you're going into real world production mode as I'll be doing the same in about 30 minutes; no nonsense.

Friday night was not dark/dry.

Enough catching up on beer. I gotta go to work!
    Mr. Bilas? Is that you??!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Double Bag used to be quite an indulgence for me back in the VT days. It was tasty, strong, and expensive.

I like to have some once in a while to break the IPA momentum a bit...also like the occasional colon arousing Porter...Double Bags are now $10.99/6, so not bad compared with other choices these days...the days of me picking up cases of refillable Stegmaier for $5.50 per case (yes) seem to be in the rear view mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Mr. Bilas? Is that you??!
    And he only had to walk 94 feet to get to work .

I like to have some once in a while to break the IPA momentum a bit...also like the occasional colon arousing Porter...Double Bags are now $10.99/6, so not bad compared with other choices these days...the days of me picking up cases of refillable Stegmaier for $5.50 per case (yes) seem to be in the rear view mirror.
    Well, I was working four jobs to pay Burlington rent, so I had very little in the way of disposable income at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

I *may* have seen a Long Trail beverage or two in NC, but, if so, it's been many years. Likely makes little to no sense for them to try and distribute down her. I'd like to see Tree House and/or Trillium brews in NC.

That's really not a bad price at all, especially for a beer that is probably 8% ABV, if not a bit higher.