Page 2103 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 11031603200320532093210121022103210421052113 ... LastLast
Results 42,041 to 42,060 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

We can’t meet at the German restaurant because it is gone’

Might any of you aficionados ever tasted an Arcadia Brew named CoCo Porter? I have Porter on my brain and have had for the past month or ten. I know Arcadia closed down but are back now.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherTom View Post
    I have plenty of back up ideas.

Might any of you aficionados ever tasted an Arcadia Brew named CoCo Porter? I have Porter on my brain and have had for the past month or ten. I know Arcadia closed down but are back now.
    I haven’t had this. But NoDa Brewing in Charlotte has a good coconut porter called Coco Loco. Worth tracking down if you are in that vicinity.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Had a coconut brown ale today from a local nano-brewer (Back Paddle Brewing, Lincolnton GA). Tasty.

Info on the brewer:

https://beerguysradio.com/2021/04/03...addle-brewing/

At Lost Forty Brewing in Little Rock. REALLY cool setup if you are ever in LR.

When that last bell rings in June, I’m heading to Asheville for a couple days then Arkansas to visit friends and to bluegill fish there. I will find the brew. Thank you! I never met a Porter I didn’t drink.

New Glarus Serendipity-

“Severe Drought, we shared the farmer’s horror as Wisconsin’s cherry crop failed! Dan bought what cherries he could. The Apple crop fared better. Then joy! A grand Wisconsin cranberry harvest. What will Dan brew with Apples, Cranberries and Cherries? Oh my! You hold the happy accident of Wisconsin’s favorite fruit aged in oak with an almost magical wild fermentation. Serendipity is a wondrous celebration that sparkles your senses and dances across your palate. A kaleidoscope of flavor discovered by accident in a sour ale! “

A little tart, a little sweet, a little sour. Really enjoyed it, another NG to rank. Belgian Red still #1, liked this better than apple and cran-bic. Thanks DD!

When that last bell rings in June, I’m heading to Asheville for a couple days then Arkansas to visit friends and to bluegill fish there. I will find the brew. Thank you! I never met a Porter I didn’t drink.
    Then also keep an eye out for Foothills People’s Porter. It’s a Winston-Salem brewery, but it’s pretty widely distributed in NC.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Not so surprisingly they are IPA heavy, but the Dirt Surfer (5.5 ABV) is very drinkable. I tend towards browns, porters, sours and Saisons after about a 5-7 year IPA run.

Most certainly that sounds like a trip to Asheville is in order. That is a brew for which to look forward! School is out June 18 this year and I’m heading that way!
    Lotsa brews in Asheville to anticipate sipping. A tour of the Sierra Nevada should be on your agenda, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Graze and sip your path through the South Slope, or hire a guide. There's one who posted a bit upthread who *might* be able to assist.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Lotsa brews in Asheville to anticipate sipping. A tour of the Sierra Nevada should be on your agenda, too.
    You could spend days in Asheville and Charlotte hitting everything. Fantastic areas.

Cocoa Loco-Arcadia Brewing

Promoted as a triple chocolate stout, I'd have to take a bit of the contrarian position to this. Perhaps a chocolate stout 1.5 or semi-imperial stout but I can see their point also as they say it's made with "3 different chocolate malts, cacao nibs and 63 percent semi-sweet chocolate." It borders on being a luscious beverage pouring a viscous, almost black color with a modest beige head and wonderful aromas of dark chocolate and freshly brewed cocoa. The addition of blackstrap molasses lends some additional sweetness and smoothness to the lactose, making this also a milk stout. IBUs and ABV a bit low, at 39 and 7% respectively, to truly label this an imperial stout. Best served at probably 60-65 degrees in a goblet with any chocolate and/or caramel baked goods or, by itself as dessert in a glass. Sold as a 4 pack, I'll save one more for myself and gift/trade the other two with a small tear running down my cheek.

http://www.arcadiaales.com/cache/com...3b161df6cb.png
    Ask and it shall be given unto you.

Cocoa Loco-Arcadia Brewing Company

Beer dessert! I'm not quite sure why I'm drinking a stout on a warm spring evening, probably because it's been in storage since October or so and I haven't had one of these yet. Plus, I'm continuing to clear out the beer cellar/garage. This is a triple chocolate stout as it's made with three chocolate malts, cacao nibs and 63% semi-sweet chocolate in addition to black strap molasses and lactose. So, I guess it's really an almost imperial milk stout. Poured after sitting on the counter about 30 minutes from a 12 ounce bottle and filling half of a pint glass (more later as I made a beer cocktail) with a dark, dark brown color, the head was small and the scents were dark chocolate syrup and dark fruits. Tastes were fudgy ice cream topping, dark molasses, caramel, dark brown sugar, raisins, dates and figs. IBUs were 39 so fairly easy on the palate and the ABV is 7%. I sure liked this offering more than their (almost) IIPA that I reviewed a couple weeks ago and look forward to the bottle I'll save until this fall.
    Seek and ye shall find.

Cocoa Loco (2013)-Arcadia Brewing

Another leftover from last fall/winter that I shared with my younger daughter last PM. It's an imperial milk stout made with cocoa, molasses and lactose. The cocoa gives it a nice chocolate-y taste and aroma, the molasses renders it very smooth and helps the sweetness and the addition of lactose adds some more sweetness, and the additional sugars for the yeasts to turn into alcohol and boost the ABV. Poured almost pitch black with a small head. Pleasant aromas of dark chocolate semi-sweetness along with a bit of roastiness. Taste as above. I'll guess the IBUs about 40 and the ABV is listed at 7%. Liquid dessert by itself served near room temperature or, would welcome the addition of a scoop of vanilla or coffee ice cream for a beer float. A couple chocolate chunk/chip cookies or a fudge brownie would like to be included in the party, too.
    Knock and it shall be opened.

Some topics are worth researching and revisiting with some thought.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Had a coconut brown ale today from a local nano-brewer (Back Paddle Brewing, Lincolnton GA). Tasty.

Info on the brewer:

https://beerguysradio.com/2021/04/03...addle-brewing/
    Not sure they distribute to your zip code but Burial Bolo Coconut Brown from Asheville is high quality, too.

They might serve Sierra Nevada Porter on their sampler after you tour the brewery. A classic American style porter.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    New Glarus Serendipity-

“Severe Drought, we shared the farmer’s horror as Wisconsin’s cherry crop failed! Dan bought what cherries he could. The Apple crop fared better. Then joy! A grand Wisconsin cranberry harvest. What will Dan brew with Apples, Cranberries and Cherries? Oh my! You hold the happy accident of Wisconsin’s favorite fruit aged in oak with an almost magical wild fermentation. Serendipity is a wondrous celebration that sparkles your senses and dances across your palate. A kaleidoscope of flavor discovered by accident in a sour ale! “

A little tart, a little sweet, a little sour. Really enjoyed it, another NG to rank. Belgian Red still #1, liked this better than apple and cran-bic. Thanks DD!
    You're most welcome. This has been consistently ranked #3 on beeradvocate fruit beers and always behind Raspberry Tart and Wisconsin Belgian Red. Not too shabby.