Page 2100 of 2119 FirstFirst ... 11001600200020502090209820992100210121022110 ... LastLast
Results 41,981 to 42,000 of 42367

Thread: Ymm, Beer

  1. #41981
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Don't be deceived by the above. Dark/dry tonight.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  2. #41982
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Maybe the bourbon analogy would be Angel's Envy neat or with a drop or two of water.
    Now, THAT is Heaven. And their rum-barrel rye is even better.
    “That’s just, like, your opinion, man.”

  3. #41983
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    One for this week, one for next year and one for tailgate and I'll bring my 2015 bottle. Deal?

    I know I can trust you for a trader unlike another poster.
    Lemme see how many I have, but we can work something out with this or something else worth sampling!
    “That’s just, like, your opinion, man.”

  4. #41984
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Someone private inquired about barleywines and typically the ABV range from 8-12%.

    https://www.bjcp.org/styles04/
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  5. #41985
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Lemme see how many I have, but we can work something out with this or something else worth sampling!
    {shakes on it; no pie involved}
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  6. #41986
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    {shakes on it; no pie involved}
    Still trying to list out Georgia beers for my next trip to NC, maybe for a rumored card game and beer event in July.

    Will miss the next virtual pub unfortunately, will be fishing off the South Carolina shore. Drinking beer, but no internet and hopefully busy hauling in the biggun’s.
    “That’s just, like, your opinion, man.”

  7. #41987
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From Untappd:

    "Fig gose is a tart, effervescent wheat beer featuring salt and coriander with fig concentrate blended in for a fruity, jammy, slightly sweet balance to the natural acidity in the gose style."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  8. #41988
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Still trying to list out Georgia beers for my next trip to NC, maybe for a rumored card game and beer event in July.

    Will miss the next virtual pub unfortunately, will be fishing off the South Carolina shore. Drinking beer, but no internet and hopefully busy hauling in the biggun’s.
    Looking forward and best of luck. Make the beers good ones in case the fish aren't biting. I'd suggest a couple from Westbrook Brewery.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  9. #41989
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I assume you finished it all in one sitting? That's one b-i-g beer for a mid-week sipper .
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I have a single from 2015 and about a dozen from 2017 and I'm pretty sure TW has the 2017 version.
    “Had.”

    And, yes, one (long) sitting.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  10. #41990
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Had.”

    And, yes, one (long) sitting.
    LOL. I've almost always shared one of those monsters 2-3 ways, or had 6 ounces myself one night, corked it and finished the remainder the next night.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  11. #41991
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Fig Gose-Ardent Craft Ales

    Local for the purchasing agent

    Credit-accfanfrom1970; thanks!
    Style-^^^^
    Format-pint can
    Stemware-wine glass
    Appearance-slightly cloudy, light amber red; no head
    Nose-lemon lime and salt
    Mouthfeel-a bit of sodium chloride
    Tastes-salt, lemon, lime, fig, orange zest, coriander
    Adjuncts-fig puree and orange zest
    IBU-4 (no typo)
    ABV-4.5%
    Overall impression-a bit salty and not quite enough fig; orange/zest well done
    Ymm, Beer rating-upper cat 2; with a bit less salt and a bit more fig this is likely a low cat 3 beer
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  12. #41992
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Fig Gose-Ardent Craft Ales

    From Untappd:

    "Fig gose is a tart, effervescent wheat beer featuring salt and coriander with fig concentrate blended in for a fruity, jammy, slightly sweet balance to the natural acidity in the gose style."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  13. #41993
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Fig Gose-Ardent Craft Ales

    Local for the purchasing agent

    Credit-accfanfrom1970; thanks!

    Overall impression-a bit salty and not quite enough fig; orange/zest well done
    Ymm, Beer rating-upper cat 2; with a bit less salt and a bit more fig this is likely a low cat 3 beer
    I wanted more fig too...

  14. #41994
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I wanted more fig too...
    Whew! Didn't want to sound/appear to be complaining.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  15. #41995
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  16. #41996
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    "Bourbon barrel aged imperial stout with coffee and spices"
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  17. #41997
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Kentucky Christmas Morning 2019-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

    Local to the order/pick-up guy

    Credit-^^^^, but my plastic card ; thanks, accfan!!
    Style-BBA flavored imperial milk stout
    Format-750 ml bottle divided over 2 nights
    Stemware-Hardywood GBS tumbler
    Appearance-rather dark brown with a creamy/foamy tan head
    Nose-coffee and ginger
    Mouthfeel-seductive
    Tastes-strong coffee, ginger, dark chocolate, vanilla, ginger, oak and not as much bourbon as I anticipated
    Adjuncts-ginger, coffee, lactose, vanilla and honey
    IBU-55, same as the original GBS
    ABV-11.5%, therefore a 2 night beer
    Overall impression-wonderful upgrade/variant of their original GBS
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid cat 3; a bit heavy on the coffee but very well balanced
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  18. #41998
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Kentucky Christmas Morning 2019-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

    Local to the order/pick-up guy

    Credit-^^^^, but my plastic card ; thanks, accfan!!
    Style-BBA flavored imperial milk stout
    Format-750 ml bottle divided over 2 nights
    Stemware-Hardywood GBS tumbler
    Appearance-rather dark brown with a creamy/foamy tan head
    Nose-coffee and ginger
    Mouthfeel-seductive
    Tastes-strong coffee, ginger, dark chocolate, vanilla, ginger, oak and not as much bourbon as I anticipated
    Adjuncts-ginger, coffee, lactose, vanilla and honey
    IBU-55, same as the original GBS
    ABV-11.5%, therefore a 2 night beer
    Overall impression-wonderful upgrade/variant of their original GBS
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid cat 3; a bit heavy on the coffee but very well balanced
    Note to accfan: this was the 2019 version, not your recent trader which I'll get to this fall most likely
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  19. #41999
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Making our first post-COVID trip to visit the in-laws in Roanoke. A stop at Barrel Chest is definitely on my (!) agenda.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  20. #42000
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Making our first post-COVID trip to visit the in-laws in Roanoke. A stop at Barrel Chest is definitely on my (!) agenda.
    Many goodies secured.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Similar Threads

  1. Ycch, Beer!
    By DevilAlumna in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 12-11-2020, 10:59 AM
  2. Who would you most want to have a beer with?
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
  3. Beer League
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:43 AM
  4. Beer Question of Yore
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM
  5. Best Beer Commerical Ever!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 05:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •