Page 2045 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 104515451945199520352043204420452046204720552095 ... LastLast
Results 40,881 to 40,900 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    9th Anniversary - Hardywood (4-pack 12oz. stubbies. Really nice to have it four times fresh. No sharing

Scouring our extensive catalog of barrel aged beer, we give you a prolific fusion for our 9th Anniversary libation. A potion like no other, we have chosen 19 Month Buffalo Trace Bourbon Barrel Aged Belgian Quadrupel, 18 Month Red Wine Barrel Aged Imperial Milk Stout, and 8 Month Laird’s Apple Brandy Barrel Aged Imperial Milk Stout in the perfect proportions, 23%, 25% and 52%. Chocolate candied dark fruit and tobacco dominate the deep, complex, and layered aromatics. Rich toffee, caramel and dark chocolate round the decadent flavor and warming finish. You are assured to fall in love with this beer. Side effects from enjoying may include the warm and fuzzies, falling in love with those around you, becoming more Hardywood obsessed.

I certainly became more Hardywood obsessed. Still have a couple of these in the fridge. Really rich, chocolate, smooth.
    This reads amazing. I probably become more Hardywood obsessed just from reading about their beers. And every one I've tasted has transcended expectations.

Happy to see good Hardywood representation in your 100, and very happy to read about all these Hardywoods I didn't know existed.

Another desert beer from Hardywood, from last year -

NONA’S BISCOTTI // 9.5% ABV

Nona’s Biscotti is our tribute to a family-favorite twice-baked cookie of the Tuscan old country. This imperial golden ale is zhuzhed with vanilla, milk sugar, and toasted coconut, and then balanced with classic Tuscan aromi of almond and walnut nuttiness and a touch of anise. From our famiglia to yours, cent’anni!

Really get the almond, sweet but not too sweet. Really is a biscotti beer.
    Sounds fun. The almond flavor in the Fog Cutter gose I had yesterday was outstanding. Ymm nutty

The companion to MawMaw's Mean Cobbler -

BUBBY’S BLACKBERRY COBBLER // White Ale // 6.8% ABV

Bubby’s Blackberry Cobbler is a playful variation of our Virginia Blackberry White Ale with vanilla, toasted coconut, milk sugar and even more fresh, Virginia-grown blackberries delivering the classic flavors of a southern-style blackberry cobbler baked fresh in grandma’s kitchen. (Contains Lactose).

At first I thought it wouldn't compare to the Peach Cobbler, then I liked it better, then I went back to liking the Peach Cobbler better...it's good and refreshing.
    Definitely would love to try. One of Foothills best annual treats is Dead and Berried, like a dark-chocolate covered blackberry stout. Blackberries work in beer and definitely work in cobbler.

Casuario (2020)
    Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

Stout - Imperial / Double Milk

12.3% ABV No IBU

What's that over there? A mischievous Casuario lurking in the weeds with an overturned barrel full of Foolery. It must have been here waiting for a full 20 months! Conditioned on guajillo peppers, Vietnamese cinnamon, cocoa nibs, and Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans, this is truly a magnificent discovery. Family Tree exclusive.

Bought a second in the warehouse sale. Nice heat with no ginger, nice vanilla and cinnamon.
    Good call getting another bottle of this. It sounds sort of like Caliente with Foolery. Ymmm Hardywood pepper stouts

Just so you know Hardywood does make other beer styles...

Straight Talk Vol II. (4 Pack) | Hardywood Beer

The Straight Talk Series are a "single barrel & single beer experience"

Straight Talk Vol II: Saison aged in Red Wine Barrels for 11 months. Really nice saison, almost like a wine/beer cooler. 9.6% really hidden. Interesting, different, fun beer.
    I'd definitely love to try a Hardywood Red-Wine Barrel aged Saison.

Funny they have a single-barrel and single beer experience series of beers given all the quality complex blending they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Not much I miss about living in Washington State but I wouldn’t mind being able to sip on a couple Ridgetop Reds while watching the Masters this afternoon:

https://www.silvercity.beer/year-rounds
    Ridgetop Reds read goood. Reading them almost sounds like a Red Oak or some beer made by Red Oak brewery. I'll look for this one when out west

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    They must have 2 warehouses full of old bourbon, brandy, rum and wine barrels.
    For real. Who knew empty barrels could be so useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    A krzyt-ton of tasters in Joplin, MO, today. There is little else to do here, it seems. Almost exclusively from Chaos Brewing (an Irish-themed brewery), with the first seven being flight-size tasters.

(1) 1515 Double Dry Hopped DIPA: Good balance of citrus and pine. Right down the middle for this style. 7.8% ABV

(2) Blackout Black IPA. Much more coffee flavor to this than most black IPA’s. Not surprisingly, a lot like Foothills Frostbite. 7.0% ABV.

(3) King Kream. An imperial cream ale (who knew?). The easiest-drinking 8.6% ABV beer I’ve ever had.

(4) Redline Red Ale. A bright copper pour. Nothing terribly memorable about it. 5.4% ABV.

(5) The Origin Brown Ale. A tasty brown. Smooth, and a hint of toffee. Quite good. 6.0% ABV.

(6) Sláinte Dry Irish Stout. Decent, but also forgettable. 3.8% ABV of meh.

(7) Drunkelweizen. The best beer of the bunch. Nice golden brown color. Great banana and clove flavors. 5.0% ABV. I should have grabbed a crowler of this. Instead, I got ...

(8) Rory. A traditional Irish red. Except it’s not red. It’s much darker. Almost the color of that black IPA. And bitterer. Some real bite to it. Rather good, but not nearly as good as the dunkelweizen. Like McIlroy at the Masters, it underperformed. Live & learn.

Had one other beer, a passionfruit pale ale from Mother’s. Not overwhelmingly flavorful, and the passionfruit is subtle. Decent, not great.

There are several other breweries in the area, but ... choices. Part of the fun.
    Drunkelweizen? Fun beer name and sounds like a fun beer. It sounds like a cross between a Hefe and a dunkel, and as has been proven upthread, blending beer cocktails can work.

Hope you had a great trip!

Attachment 12927

Photo for the New Anthem fanboys.
    Like most New Anthems, it does look suddenly beautiful right after you pour it in the glass. And like most, that beauty quickly disappears.

JackieO’s Athens, Ohio

Bourbon Barrel Brick Kiln

Barley Wine Style Ale Aged In Bourbon Barrels.
    Bourbon Barrel Brick Kiln is a barley wine style ale aged in bourbon barrels. It was brewed in the English tradition and its deep mahogony hue is accompanied by rich caramel and raisin notes. Light herbal jabs from noble European hops round out this warming brew.

Nutty, caramel. ABV11%
    Jackie O's and Wolf's Ridge are the Ohio breweries I'm most looking forward to trying soon. I'm going to owe you some money at our next trading session, but it will be money (and/or beer traders) well spent.

JackieO’s

Wood Ya Honey – Bourbon barrel aged honey wheat wine. 13.1% abv.

Wood Ya Honey is a wheat wine style ale brewed with generous amounts of local wild flower honey. After aging in bourbon barrels for one year, this beer emerges with the decadent character of
    dripping honey comb, marzipan, and raisin.
    Straight Barleywines and Wheat wines are styles I haven't had much of outside of blends. This sounds like the way to try one.

Still at JackieO’s

Bourbon Barrel Dark Apparition

Russian Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels for a year.
    Seven malts were used to create deep flavors of chocolate, caramel, and molasses. A hint of bitterness and herbal character from carefully selected European and American hops help support the monolithic maltiness. After conditioning in stainless steel, this beer waited patiently in bourbon barrels for 8 to 12 months.
    12.8%
    Rich, chocolate, brown sugar added.
    This sounds like maybe the one to try to see what Jackie O's can do. Which I hear is right up near the top. Untappd has this beer at an average of 4.33

There is no way I'm getting caught up on this thread...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

#79 JackieO’s

Brandy Barrel Black Falls –

Imperial porter brewed with spice bush and conditioned on vanilla and aged in apple brandy barrels and bourbon barrels. Brewed in collaboration with Burial Brewing Company. 13.5%. Only “spice bush” beer I’ve had, apparently grows locally.

I get the bourbon and vanilla, sweetness from the brandy.
    I have not tried spice bush. But I'd try most any concoction Jackie O's and Burial felt was worth a collab and double barrel-aging

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    There is no way I'm getting caught up on this thread...
    I thought that same thing. And I still haven't. But making progress...

#65 - Cerveceria Centro Americana, S.A. - Gallo (Formosa Gallo)

How could I leave off of my list my most favorite beer to drink in Guatemala? A lager, a basic lager. But nothing better on a rooftop in Antigua, Guatemala!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    #65 - Cerveceria Centro Americana, S.A. - Gallo (Formosa Gallo)

How could I leave off of my list my most favorite beer to drink in Guatemala? A lager, a basic lager. But nothing better on a rooftop in Antigua, Guatemala!
    I forgot to put this one on my list too, but it definitely belongs. Such amazing memories drinking Gallo in Antigua, Guate. Hope to go back and do it again one day!

Like this?

Attachment 12928
    The children are our future

#66 - The Answer Brewpub - Three Scoops

Three Scoops is a line of fruit beers that An has been brewing for years. Not smoothie style like Veil but damn good in their own right. I had a couple of these before Veil existed. Usually lighter, only 4-5% ABV or so but quite refreshing and tasty. The "3" scoops usually referred to the blending of 3 different fruit flavors into one beer. The last one I had a few months ago was not as good as I remembered, but I'll give em a break.

#67 - The Veil(Collab with Trillium) - Nevergonnagetit

A ton of raspberry, blackberry, and boysenberries went into this beer.

~5%ABV

It has been a while since I put a Veil Beer on my list. So here is another one of my favorites from there. Berries, berries, and more berries! Ymm, smoothies.