Page 2009 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1009150919091959199920072008200920102011201920592109 ... LastLast
Results 40,161 to 40,180 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Then came the variants - APPLE BRANDY BARREL GBS
    APPLE BRANDY BARREL AGED MILK STOUT WITH SPICES
    In this limited edition variant, our Gingerbread Stout blends in perfect harmony with the cinnamon kissed oak staves of the apple brandy barrels in which it was matured. This barrel aged imperial milk stout crescendos with notes of honey, chocolate and fragrant cinnamon. Enjoy!

ABV
    11.9%
    IBU
    Keep em coming brother! I'm back on page 1986 but am being put down by my wiser half. Probably right call with tough day starting at 7:30 in the am. Can't wait to salivate while reading all your reviews (which I will read with Hardywood/Ardent in hand) and really can't wait to see you soon! I will never do enough Nrrrvous push-ups to account for the calories I'm going to drink in Hardywood, and I prefer the latter.

The next variant on what has become an annual favorite, they retired this one. A little extra vanilla here -
    BOURBON BARREL RASPBERRY STOUT WITH VANILLA BEANS
    BOURBON BARREL-AGED CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY STOUT FINISHED ON MADAGASCAR VANILLA BEANS
    A dessert beer to the core, our Raspberry Stout is truly a feat in decadence. Loads of chocolate malt, cacao nibs, and local, late season red raspberries from Agriberry Farm all contribute to what would best be described as a raspberry truffle in liquid form. After months of patient maturation in freshly emptied bourbon barrels, our Raspberry Stout is finished on Madagascar vanilla beans revealing a confluence of smooth, rich dark chocolate, ripe red raspberries, and real vanilla.
    Accolades:
    94 rating – Beer Connoisseur Magazine
    ABV
    11.5%
    IBU

My favorite "go to" Hardywood beer, now in 4-packs, 12 oz. stubbies. But still excellent, malty, bourbon up front, warm finish.

BOURBON CRU
    BOURBON BARREL AGED BELGIAN-STYLE QUADRUPEL
    Hardywood Bourbon Barrel Cru is brewed in the fashion of Belgium’s revered monastic breweries. Bourbon Barrel Cru displays a rich mahogany hue with a medium body and brilliant clarity after months of barrel aging. The maturity and melding of flavors brought on by the freshly drained bourbon whiskey barrels lends an extraordinary sense of harmony to Bourbon Barrel Cru. Almond, toffee and oaky vanilla give way to notes of dark cherries and raisins. Subtle hints of plum are greeted by caramel overtones for a smooth, robust and warming finish.

ABV
    12%
    IBU

Hardywood - first Hardywood beer I tried. Flagship - SINGEL
    BELGIAN-STYLE BLONDE ALE
    Unfiltered, unpasteurized, and uninhibited, Hardywood Singel is sunshine golden with a fluffy white head and a veil of Belgian ale yeast. A delicate body ushers tropical fruit esters into perfect balance with spicy hop aromatics. Singel’s mellow, dry finish culminates a truly ethereal experience.

AWARDS
    Silver Medal – Great American Beer Festival, 2018
    Style
    Belgian/Belgian-Style Blonde Ale
    Flavor Profile
    Clean
    ABV
    6.2%
    IBU
    Their flagship beer?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I'll look for this. I've had some outstanding beers from Newgrass, of this variety I believe. I also had one that was terrible (an over-hopped Galaxy IPA IIRC). But this review and the promise of impressing beergoddess with a fruity beer means I'll give them another shot. Thanks!
    If she likes Veil beer smoothies, this one should greatly please her palate.

At Hardywood they love their peaches - CUVÉE PEACH
    WHITE WINE BARREL AGED BELGIAN-STYLE TRIPEL WITH PEACHES

First wine barrel aged beer I tried.
    Hardywood Cuvée Peach is artfully blended by our barrel master from small batches of Peach Tripel aged in white wine barrels, at varying levels of maturation, from three months to more than a year. The resulting beer is beautifully complex with yeast-derived stone fruit esters that harmonize with juicy peach undertones. This sparkling refresher offers a pleasantly dry finish with the slightest hint of vanilla from the toasted French oak barrels.

ABV
    9%
    IBU

Just saw this. (I was decades of pages behind). So when are we trading?! I can do most weekends and would love to meet up for a beer anywhere in the 336.
    Oooh, if I meet up with CD before you, I may twist his python-like arms for one of your supply.

Like I said - Peaches. This is my favorite of the peach/fruited beers... - MAMAW’S MEAN COBBLER
    BELGIAN-STYLE TRIPEL ALE WITH PEACHES AND SPICES
    Mamaw’s Mean Cobbler is a delightful variation of our Peach Tripel with vanilla, cinnamon, coconut, and milk sugar additions delivering the classic flavors of a southern-style peach cobbler baked fresh in grandma’s kitchen.

ABV
    8.2%
    Other Ingredients-Coconut/Peach/Spices

First Hardywood stout I tried - RASPBERRY STOUT
    CHOCOLATE STOUT WITH LOCAL RED RASPBERRIES
    Hardywood Raspberry Stout is brewed with chocolate malt, cacao nibs and late season red raspberries from Agriberry Farm in Hanover, VA. Our Raspberry Stout is a full-bodied, beguiling stout with notes of rich dark chocolate and raspberry jam.
    Awards
    Gold Medal, American Fruit Beer, Great American Beer Festival 2014
    Gold Medal, Fruit Beer Category, Australian Beer Awards 2017
    Major Trophy Winner, Best Specialty Beer (out of 307 entries worldwide!), Australian Beer Awards 2017
    ABV
    9.2%
    IBU
    Ha! Great minds and all that nonsense as this is being poured as a nightcap in less than 5 minutes into my 2018 cute little GBS tumbler.

This is another annual-Thanksgiving tradition now. Rum and Pumpkin really go together well - RUM BARREL PUMPKIN
    RUM BARREL AGED BELGIAN-STYLE FARMHOUSE PUMPKIN ALE
    Hardywood Rum Barrel Pumpkin combines the nostalgic flavors and aromas of autumn with a soul warming, blackstrap molasses laced finish that can only be achieved through months of maturation in Caribbean dark rum barrels. Pleasantly mellow up front, Hardywood Rum Barrel Pumpkin offers a crescendo of pumpkin pie spices that are emboldened by the barrel aging process, and finishes with subtly sweet, lingering notes of brown sugar.

Barrel Aged Farmhouse Ale/Saison

ABV
    12.3%
    IBU

The triumvirate - 1st up - TRICKERY
    APPLE BRANDY BARREL AGED IMPERIAL MILK STOUT

ABV
    13.5%
    IBU

Sometime soon, I'm gonna type up a real review about this fabulous TIPA:

d3f7748b6443577e6052bb5e0eea54be_640x640.jpg

My favorite, the second of three - FOOLERY
    BOURBON BARREL AGED IMPERIAL MILK STOUT
    Foolery is a huge Imperial Stout aged for twelve months in bourbon barrels. Massive chocolate, vanilla, and caramel flavors are preceded by aromatic hints of dark cherry, tobacco, leather and oak. Thick and rich, Foolery brings rounded bourbon character contributions from the barrels and a nice warming finish.

AWARDS
    Silver Medal, Wood-Aged (Best Specialty Beer), Australian Beer Awards 2018

ABV
    13%
    IBU

Before I knew fruited beers were a thing - PEACH TRIPEL
    BELGIAN-STYLE TRIPEL WITH PEACHES
    Hardywood Peach Tripel is bright and effervescent, showcasing a delightful balance of fruity esters and spicy phenols that harmonize with subtle notes of white pepper and honeysuckle. Our Peach Tripel is refermented on apricots and heaps of yellow peaches, delivering a luscious stone fruit character with a pleasantly dry finish.
    ABV
    8.2%
    IBU
    Always reminds me of this:

I still have that Hardywood BBA Baltic Sunrise in my fridge that he said " No Thanks I'm good" to on his deck. I bet it's better than that rich caramel fudge brownie resident culture thing we drank instead, but will let you know soon
    No, that Resident Culture beer was fabulous. A bit over the top but a great beer to share about 4 ways.

This was the first beer I brought to my first tailgate - it was a hit. The Hardywood legend started with this one...
    RUSE
    RED WINE BARREL AGED IMPERIAL MILK STOUT
    Patiently aged in red wine barrels, Hardywood Ruse unites port-like qualities with distinct dark chocolate and molasses characteristics, while oak and leather dominate the aromatics. Ruse offers a rich mouthfeel with a deceptively dry, tannic finish.

Awards
    Bronze Medal, Specialty Beer/ Wood-Aged, Australian International Beer Awards 2017
    Bronze Medal, Wood- Ande Barrel-Aged Strong Stout, World Beer Cup 2016

ABV
    11.3%
    IBU

After Peach came Blackberry, when it first came out I liked the blackberry better, but now I've gone back to the Peach.

VIRGINIA BLACKBERRY
    BELGIAN-STYLE WHITE ALE WITH VIRGINIA BLACKBERRIES
    Hardywood Virginia Blackberry is brewed with a touch of rye and a massive addition of ripe blackberries from Agriberry Farm in Hanover County, Virginia. Our Belgian-style White Ale is ruby-hued with a mild tartness, gentle body and a refreshing fruit finish.

ABV
    6.8%
    IBU
    This was very good, especially at a very warm tailgate a couple years ago. I think fuse got the blackberry cobbler version of this beer and I kept MawMaw's Mean Cobbler.

I've never had a straight barleywine, this Hardywood was my first and now I only look for barrel aged ones -

BOURBON BARREL BARLEYWINE
    BRITISH-STYLE BARLEYWINE AGED IN BOURBON BARRELS
    A sipping beer to the core, Barleywine by itself is a traditional British digestif. After months of maturation in Bourbon barrels, our barleywine mellows thoroughly, with a luxuriously rich mouthfeel and a soft, rounded finish. Caramel malts shine through on this copper hued ale with hints of vanillin imparted by the toasted oak barrels, making Bourbon Barrel Barleywine a decadent accompaniment to sweets, or a dessert all by itself.

ABV
    13.3%
    IBU

This beer changed everything - GINGERBREAD STOUT
    IMPERIAL MILK STOUT WITH GINGER AND HONEY
    Made with baby ginger from Casselmonte Farm and wildflower honey from Bearer Farms, Hardywood Gingerbread Stout captures the terroir of Central Virginia in a rich, creamy libation with a velvety mouthfeel and an intriguing evolution of notes from milk chocolate and vanilla, to honeycomb and cinnamon, to a snap of ginger in the finish. We hope Hardywood Gingerbread Stout contributes to your merriment this season.

Awards
    Bronze Medal, Herb and Spice Beer, World Beer Cup, 2012

ABV
    9.2%
    IBU
    I remember getting one of the early releases and reading beeradvocate's score of 100 and their description of it as "freagin' Christmas in a bottle."

Haven't seen this one but once, the Peach has been an annual release - CUVÉE GOLD

WHITE WINE BARREL AGED BELGIAN-STYLE GOLDEN ALE
    Hardywood Cuvée Gold artfully blends the elegance of wine country with the gentle and balanced characteristics of a traditional Belgian-style Golden Ale. Combining both young and mature vintages aged in freshly emptied Sauvignon Blanc barrels, Cuvée Gold offers light earthy aromatics, a subtle sweetness and a hint of toasted oak that are delightfully dry and delicate on the palate, with lasting white grape and stone fruit undertones.

ABV
    9.6%
    IBU