Page 1990 of 2119 FirstFirst ... 990149018901940198019881989199019911992200020402090 ... LastLast
Results 39,781 to 39,800 of 42365

Thread: Ymm, Beer

  1. #39781
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    We are actually taking a Spring Break trip April 3-10. Fly to Omaha. Drive to KC (through Iowa). Stay on the Kansas side. Down to Big Cedar Lodge (15 minutes from Arkansas). Play a goodly bit of golf. Fly home from Joplin, MO (45 minutes from Oklahoma). Six states, leaving them with New Mexico & Alaska left to get.

    Any beer recommendations for that route (besides Boulevard, obviously) would be greatly appreciated.
    The day has arrived. First air travel since February 2020. Will report back about good beer (and anything else upon which we stumble).
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  2. #39782
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I’m going to start my 100. But it will be #1, then more to come.

    Ardent will always be a favorite. Daughter knew the original home brewers and their back door patio startup. They moved to Scott’s Addition and set them selves apart with a honey ginger beer everyone who’s had one loves it.

    Barrel Aged Honey Ginger is back!

    “This batch was aged in bourbon barrels for more than a year, layering bourbon and vanilla notes on top of honey sweetness and ginger spice. This big beer is an amped up version of our seasonal Honey Ginger that only comes out once a year, so get yours before it’s gone!”

    Some unmentioned mishap precluded a 2020 offering, 2019 was awesome.
    Fabulous beer.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  3. #39783
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I’m going to start my 100. But it will be #1, then more to come.

    Ardent will always be a favorite. Daughter knew the original home brewers and their back door patio startup. They moved to Scott’s Addition and set them selves apart with a honey ginger beer everyone who’s had one loves it.

    Barrel Aged Honey Ginger is back!

    “This batch was aged in bourbon barrels for more than a year, layering bourbon and vanilla notes on top of honey sweetness and ginger spice. This big beer is an amped up version of our seasonal Honey Ginger that only comes out once a year, so get yours before it’s gone!”

    Some unmentioned mishap precluded a 2020 offering, 2019 was awesome.
    The original is outstanding, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  4. #39784
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    The original is outstanding, too.
    I have only had the original, but agree with this wholeheartedly.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  5. #39785
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    The original - Ardent Honey Ginger
    Style:Herb and Spice Beer
    ABV:7.8%

    Notes: Our Honey Ginger is a deep gold-colored ale. The medium- to high-carbonation level enhances the fresh ginger in the aroma. The malt backbone supports the sweetness of the locally-sourced honey and the spiciness of the ginger. A strong, yet refreshing and deceptively smooth summer ale.

    This is a beer to drink every day. I can attest, after a long day at work you’ll look forward to pouring this beer.
    Tough to decide between #1 and #2, but I'll always go with #1.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  6. #39786
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    The original - Ardent Honey Ginger
    Style:Herb and Spice Beer
    ABV:7.8%

    Notes: Our Honey Ginger is a deep gold-colored ale. The medium- to high-carbonation level enhances the fresh ginger in the aroma. The malt backbone supports the sweetness of the locally-sourced honey and the spiciness of the ginger. A strong, yet refreshing and deceptively smooth summer ale.

    This is a beer to drink every day. I can attest, after a long day at work you’ll look forward to pouring this beer.
    Wait, I thought you had a Boulevard BBA Quad every day after work.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  7. #39787
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Another Ardent annual offering -

    Sweet Potato and Sage is a dry, farmhouse-style saison. Earthy notes from the sweet potatoes are balanced by the fragrant aroma of fresh, local sage. This fall seasonal features a continental malt backbone and subtle hop presence in a well-rounded beer. 6.4% ABV • 28 IBU

    I always look forward to it, I think thanksgiving and sweet potato and sage from Ardent.
    Another excellent choice from Ardent. This one you could pair with many different sides/entrees.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  8. #39788
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    The day has arrived. First air travel since February 2020. Will report back about good beer (and anything else upon which we stumble).
    Excellent! Safe travels, mask up and wash hands. Looking forward to beer reviews from many different postal codes.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  9. #39789
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I have only had the original, but agree with this wholeheartedly.
    You'd have certainly been the recipient of the BBA version last year had they brewed it because I'd have likely ordered as many 4 packs as accfan and/or Nrrrrvous were willing to buy and deliver and/or make available for pick-up/meet-up. Hopefully, it's back on Ardent's "to brew" list for 2021.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  10. #39790
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    We're still anxious to read the last 40+ beers on Nrrrrvous' list, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  11. #39791
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Excellent! Safe travels, mask up and wash hands. Looking forward to beer reviews from many different postal codes.
    N95’s in the airports ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  12. #39792
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hell Yes Ma'am now with 2 variants, the first ever I've seen/heard of outside Raleigh Brewing Company's Randallized versions:

    1. Hell Yes, Mamacita

    2. Hell Yes, Ma'am Black Cherry
    Hell yes, might have to move these to the front of the queue today

  13. #39793
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Fog Cutter-Commonwealth Brewing Company

    Not quite local for me.

    Credit-trader from RJ199 this weekend; thanks!!
    Style-almost imperial level gose with lotsa additives
    Format-pint can
    Glassware-large wine glass
    Appearance-orange red with a moderate, fizzy head
    Nose-orange, mango and vanilla
    Mouthfeel-lightly salted and fruity
    Tastes-orange, mango, tangerine, citrus zest, vanilla and a pinch of salt
    Adjuncts-tangerine, blood orange, Cara Cara orange, mango, almond, Madagascar vanilla beans, lemon zest
    IBU-probably 10
    ABV-7%
    Overall impression-this coulda been a mess with the list above but ended up being well brewed and quite tasty
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; Commonwealth with another very good product
    Glad you enjoyed! Can't wait to try this one

  14. #39794
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Last Caress - New Anthem - 7.9 % - NEIPA with Amarillo, Citra, El Dorado, and Simcoe

    This tasted like a quintessential New Anthm Hazy Juicy. It was perfect and so flavorful. Best beer I've had so far this weekend.

    Cat 3

  15. #39795
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    N95’s in the airports ...
    That's even better. Those are not fun to wear, even for the 10 minutes at a time I've had to wear them and I've developed an intense admiration for those folks who have to wear them for 12 hour shifts.

    Any good airport beers?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  16. #39796
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Took a night off from alcohol since I got poked today. Feeling fine, probably could've had a beer tonight.

    There's always tomorrow night to catch up.
    Yep jabs call for a celebration beer

  17. #39797
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Hell yes, might have to move these to the front of the queue today
    Hell Yes Sir!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  18. #39798
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Hell yes, might have to move these to the front of the queue today
    Not sure I ever reviewed Hell Yes Ma'am Black Cherry. Lemme check and circle back.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  19. #39799
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Glad you enjoyed! Can't wait to try this one
    Quite a cornucopia of additives and flavors. Another Commonwealth winner.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  20. #39800
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by amusedcupcake View Post
    https://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style08.php

    BJCP style guild lines for Category 8, English Pale Ale.
    Category 8? That must be really good

Similar Threads

  1. Ycch, Beer!
    By DevilAlumna in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 12-11-2020, 10:59 AM
  2. Who would you most want to have a beer with?
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
  3. Beer League
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:43 AM
  4. Beer Question of Yore
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM
  5. Best Beer Commerical Ever!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 05:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •