Page 1958 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 958145818581908194819561957195819591960196820082058 ... LastLast
Results 39,141 to 39,160 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

ceb964a9891908477eabf911df127ef9_640x640.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Porter Baltique Grand Cuvee Edition Speciale 2019 - 10.5 % - Aged in Bourbon and Brandy Barrels

Jet black pour. Gorgeous aroma of brandy and bourbon along with some roast.

fuse taught me that Baltic porters are actually lagers, not porters. He doesn't like them, so the next experiment last night was to see if a really good one would convert him. Nope. He drank it, but he doesn't like the roasty, licorice harsh bitter note present mid-palate I believe.

That doesn't put me off as much, though I can taste what he doesn't like.

This beer was outstanding for it's style. The BBBA aromas were beyond enticing. The flavors have dark chocolate, coffee, roast, malt, caramel, dried fruit, licorice, vanilla, and oak all greatly balanced. But the star of the show is the superb bourbon and brandy flavors coming through with a warming finish. Medium body, lighter than a stout but smooth drinking.

Category 3 beer for me. Hey you gotta try!

I still have the BBA Hardywood Baltic Sunrise to try, but I'll spare fuse any more experiments. I don't think Nrrrvous would like this baltic porter style either given the sharp, roasty, bitter flavors usually there.
    Forget it. I'm not even going to try and review this but encourage those reading/lurking here to read RJ's well-penned summary above, far better than anything I could compose. I didn't think I could rate a Baltic Porter (not a favorite style of mine) as a cat 3 but this one is easily in that zip code.

Thanks to RJ199 for buying/sharing!!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Porter Baltique Grand Cuvee Edition Speciale 2019 - 10.5 % - Aged in Bourbon and Brandy Barrels

fuse taught me that Baltic porters are actually lagers, not porters. He doesn't like them, so the next experiment last night was to see if a really good one would convert him. Nope. He drank it, but he doesn't like the roasty, licorice harsh bitter note present mid-palate I believe.

This beer was outstanding for it's style. The BBBA aromas were beyond enticing. The flavors have dark chocolate, coffee, roast, malt, caramel, dried fruit, licorice, vanilla, and oak all greatly balanced. But the star of the show is the superb bourbon and brandy flavors coming through with a warming finish. Medium body, lighter than a stout but smooth drinking.

I still have the BBA Hardywood Baltic Sunrise to try, but I'll spare fuse any more experiments. I don't think Nrrrvous would like this baltic porter style either given the sharp, roasty, bitter flavors usually there.
    I'm available if you need some help with that one {shamelessly posted, but that seems to occur a lot}. I liked Baltic Sunrise and can imagine, with BBA, that the version you have is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Semi-pro (Korn Ferry Tour) tip for those who have a SoPines 13% Euro Lager: it’s a cool-weather beer. I’m intending to hold my remaining cans until the autumn.
    Even at 13%, do you think it'll still be as good in 6 months? I'm sharing mine with our son next month, but, atmospheric conditions will still likely be coolish in his zip code. (oops, a weather report mention)

A Beast for Thee - Resident Culture collab with Perennial Artisan Ales - 12% - Imperial Pastry Stout with Salted Caramel Brownies from the Batchmaker Bakery

It does taste like liquid brownies. The start of the show is definitely the superb melted caramel that comes in a tasty finishing wave after the fudge brownie.

As fuse noted, this beer is spectacular but it's overdone like a Southern Tier beer. So it was perfect last night shared among 3 couples for dessert. I wouldn't have wanted any more than my serving.

It was even better than drinking 12% ABV brownie batter followed by eating a yummy salted caramel. But about like that. Rich, thick feel.

Low Category 3 because it was a a little over the top - definitely a pastry stout. But I enjoyed it, and that deep chocolate fudge followed by as good a gooey caramel as I've tasted in beer was super-fun for dessert.

Great muling exchange, and looking forward to times when more of us can safely gather soon
    A Beast for Thee-Resident Culture collaboration with Perennial Ales

Again, greatly abbreviating my review because RJ hits nothing but net repeatedly from about 25 feet with his review. Both breweries are outstanding.

Good thing was, no toaster or oven was required for this pastry stout.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    A Beast for Thee-Resident Culture collaboration with Perennial Ales

Again, greatly abbreviating my review because RJ hits nothing but net repeatedly from about 25 feet with his review. Both breweries are outstanding.

Good thing was, no toaster or oven was required for this pastry stout.
    Sadly, no photo available because it woulda been interesting to try and show/perceive the small chunks floating in this brew.

Thanks! After last evening's exchange I now have enough beer in my fridge to easily last until July 4. I'll target the IPA's first, and probably save this one until fall as well. I have lots of Fullsteam IPA's and other goodies for you from fuse, so let me know whenever you want to make the next exchange.
    Yea, right .

Amusing brewery name for this one:

Les Trois Mousquetaires

It sounds like Daly was doing more than just parking there too. I can't imagine why Augusta National frowned on it:
    A little too much skin maybe, but like you said, you've seen worse:

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/joh...ng-lot-augusta

I wonder how many Miller Genuine Drafts he had at that Winston-Salem Hooters to pass out and spend the night in jail.

But(t), I guess this shouldn't surprise me.

Yep. IPA’s and that Perennial Pils ought to be earlier in the queue. Will text soon to arrange another swap.
    Ymm, Beer connects again. And again. And again...

We definitely have to figure out a way to get some of Georgia's finest (beers AND posters) up to the 336/919 areas.

For RJ199:

Thanks!!

I know that Hooters. Best wings in town.
    Yep, it's the food...

Ozzie said that as we ate one night at a Hooters in the Triangle area before a MBB game many years ago.

Looks like I'm about 2 pages behind.

Another “Intermingle” from Hardywood.

Bourbon barrel quadrupel (15 months age) + bourbon barrel barleywine (14 months age) + chardonnay barrel Belgian strong golden ale (4 months age) (10.4%)

Must be a room full of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Mrs. Nrrrrvous and I stopped in to their taproom a couple years ago when we were visiting for the weekend. This was before I was posting here so no reviews...

I do remember having a great flight. I don't remember what was in it.
    Flights are difficult to remember.

Speaking of Haw River's best, there are many but Stella just got this one in:
    @hawriverales Cultural Divide Meyer Lemon Meringue Kettle-Soured Saison w/ Carolina Culture yogurt, lactose, fresh Meyer lemons and vanilla beans

And speaking of Bocks, Stella just got this one in too:@redoakbrew 1516 Heller Bock tall boys

And doesn't this one look interesting:
    @foundersbrewing Panther Cub 9.2% Bourbon Barrel-aged Porter w/ vanilla extract & maple syrup
    The Haw River Lemon Meringue is excellent, but, I doubt you have any room in either fridge .

@hawriverales Cultural Divide Meyer Lemon Meringue Kettle-Soured Saison w/ Carolina Culture yogurt, lactose, fresh Meyer lemons and vanilla beans

And speaking of Bocks, Stella just got this one in too:@redoakbrew 1516 Heller Bock tall boys

@foundersbrewing Panther Cub 9.2% Bourbon Barrel-aged Porter w/ vanilla extract & maple syrup
    I'd bet (a pie, well, maybe not) that the Red Oak Heller Bock is excellent.

Apparently, Panther Cub has been released before and I linked that yesterday or Friday when I was discovering the Founders 2021 Barrel Release Series. Sounds tasty and I'd bet Total Wine would have that now or soon.

I was gifted one of the Cultural Divides. In the Frigidaire now, so likely consumed in the next few days. The others look terrific.
    If I liked the Lemon Meringue, myself tells me you will, too.

I've seen their Dill Pickle Culture Divide and had a hard pass there based on fuse's tasting of a Steel String (?) pickle beer at a beer festival several years ago, along with our son's drain pour of a similar beer from Urban Artifact in Cincy several years ago, too. I warned him, especially after fuse warned me about his experience, but, that kid just don't listen to his Pop sometimes.

Perfect. My post Covid vaccine party will have to include a side-by-side challenge of Mas Agave Lime with my fresh lime Grand-Marnier margaritas. Spoiler, the Mas Agave is better, but taking me away from the poker table to hand-squeeze limes would likely be in my financial best interest

Well, not exactly, but couldn't resist: