Page 1957 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 957145718571907194719551956195719581959196720072057 ... LastLast
Results 39,121 to 39,140 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I do. Aleworks. Hope it lives up to the description...

"An eye opening Imperial Stout with a jolt of coffee & a drip of maple, aged in Woodford Reserve bourbon barrels then rested on crisp bacon. Inspired by our favorite meal as a nod to the ubiquitous breakfast spots that adorn our hometown of Williamsburg, VA"

My favorite pancake houses are in Gatlinburg, but the wait lines to get in can be hours
    Mrs. Nrrrrvous and I stopped in to their taproom a couple years ago when we were visiting for the weekend. This was before I was posting here so no reviews...

I do remember having a great flight. I don't remember what was in it.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Haw River Maibock

Golden brown. Thick, foamy head. More bitter than I would have guessed, with some aftertaste. Decent, but not Haw River’s best.
    Speaking of Haw River's best, there are many but Stella just got this one in:
    @hawriverales Cultural Divide Meyer Lemon Meringue Kettle-Soured Saison w/ Carolina Culture yogurt, lactose, fresh Meyer lemons and vanilla beans

And speaking of Bocks, Stella just got this one in too:@redoakbrew 1516 Heller Bock tall boys

And doesn't this one look interesting:
    @foundersbrewing Panther Cub 9.2% Bourbon Barrel-aged Porter w/ vanilla extract & maple syrup

Speaking of Haw River's best, there are many but Stella just got this one in:
    @hawriverales Cultural Divide Meyer Lemon Meringue Kettle-Soured Saison w/ Carolina Culture yogurt, lactose, fresh Meyer lemons and vanilla beans

And speaking of Bocks, Stella just got this one in too:@redoakbrew 1516 Heller Bock tall boys

And doesn't this one look interesting:
    @foundersbrewing Panther Cub 9.2% Bourbon Barrel-aged Porter w/ vanilla extract & maple syrup
    I was gifted one of the Cultural Divides. In the Frigidaire now, so likely consumed in the next few days. The others look terrific.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    May-Mas Agave Clasica Lime

Yay for all of us!!
    Perfect. My post Covid vaccine party will have to include a side-by-side challenge of Mas Agave Lime with my fresh lime Grand-Marnier margaritas. Spoiler, the Mas Agave is better, but taking me away from the poker table to hand-squeeze limes would likely be in my financial best interest

Hot take: I liked the Incendiary more.
    That does it. If Incendiary is making beers this good in different styles, I'm joining their Embers beer club. They told me it's $100/year which includes 5 special release bomber releases so that's getting the money back there along with other perks. Worth it for me.

They said I can't join until around Thanksgiving Black Friday 2021, but it should help me get access to some traders maybe worthy of accfan's family tree connection. I got some of the Blanton's barrel aged Shade of Lies yesterday on your hot tip, but they were firm on the bottle limit. They were going fast at 11 am.

Four pages behind now.
    I know keeping up with this thread is as futile as drinking the beers in my fridge at the rate it fills up.

But John Daly is my inspiration to stay moderate

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I will get you one next go round.
    Thanks!

I'm gonna drink me a lot of peaches without movin to the country

That does it. If Incendiary is making beers this good in different styles, I'm joining their Embers beer club. They told me it's $100/year which includes 5 special release bomber releases so that's getting the money back there along with other perks. Worth it for me.

They said I can't join until around Thanksgiving Black Friday 2021, but it should help me get access to some traders maybe worthy of accfan's family tree connection. I got some of the Blanton's barrel aged Shade of Lies yesterday on your hot tip, but they were firm on the bottle limit. They were going fast at 11 am.
    The Westbrook was more “pie” and salty (gosè-like) than the Incendiary. The Incendiary was more “key lime” and sour. My palate prefers the latter, I find. And the Incendiary color was dead-ringer.

Always happy to help separate you from your beer-money.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Random Note #2

What I *did* see at the Lowe’s Foods is that Founders has Mas Agave hard seltzer (including Lime). I haven’t gone down the hard seltzer path, but if there are 336’ers with interest, you know where to go.
    Saw that too. No hard seltzer for me either. Too much good beer

Glad to be revisiting this thanks to RJ’s Stella stop. Ymmmm.
    The guy at Stella said this was his favorite New Anthem IPA. That is a bold statement, but I knew it had to be good. Glad you enjoyed!

This one is probably front of my queue tonight

Ymmmm beer. Thanks RJ. My second Incendiary Imperial Porter Lunar Pie 10%. Excellent
    Glad you enjoyed! I asked Incendiary yesterday if I could get more of any of these variants, but alas they're gone. I'm sure they'll do them again though.

In the meantime, I'm confident the new Shade of Lies are the truth

Prairie Artisan Ales Stuf’t.

Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels with vanilla , cocoa nibs and Oreos.
    Only 14.8% !

Poured black with minimal head. First whiff is chocolate and booze, hints of vanilla in the background. This beer is smooth and goes down easy, no idea it’s 14%. Enough of the Oreo’s you can say “that’s an Oreo.” Cat3. Not sure who can find it. Free for me gift from Ohio sister.
    Nice! That sounds outstanding. Anybody who doesn't like Oreos probably drinks Busch Light

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Usually no need. If you drink it neat, a single cube of ice or (my preferred method) a few drops of water will open it up nicely.

Laphroaig is — um — really really peaty. Very much an acquired taste and not a typical scotch. I usually describe it as like licking an ash tray, but in a good way.
    I remember Ardbeg Scotch as even smokier, for those who like smoky scotch. It's fine for me, but I prefer smooth scotch.

Balvenie Doublewood is the best value. Balvenie makes a better one, Portwood which is much more expensive. I'd recommend Doublewood for anyone who wants to get into scotch, or have one at next Saturday's UK VP.

Side-by-side:

For this Beer Of The Match poll we have:

4 votes for the Raspberry Tart, calling it a very good beer and low/mid cat 3 but a notch below Raspberry Tart, even accounting for "pace," err, different styles.

2 votes questioned why their spouses even "made" them taste the Raspberry Crush; too boozy and the Berliner Weisse and their palates did not get along.

I'll keep one or two of mine and trade the other two or three. This was a very good beer and I am delighted I'll sample it another time or two.
    In fairness, I hadn't read far enough into Ymm Beer at that point to let the Mrs. try it using Tripping William's suggestion to mix it with Prosecco. Like you said though, more fun experiments to try with the remaining cans. You are the master of the beer cocktail

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Mrs. Nrrrrvous and I stopped in to their taproom a couple years ago when we were visiting for the weekend. This was before I was posting here so no reviews...

I do remember having a great flight. I don't remember what was in it.
    So many great breweries in Virginia. Does any US State have more with that level of quality? Virginia has to be up there with best in the country

Imperial Raspberry Berliner Crush - Southern Pines - 9.3 %

Super fun way to kick off the evening last night with this one in a side-by-side comparison with New Glarus Raspberry Tart. The Crush was just too different in style to fully compare. The Crush has that gorgeous ruby-red grapefruit colored, slushy deep pink pour. It nicely balances fruity raspberry flavor with a tangy finish with just a bit of salt, well done. Berliner Weisse's are not always my favorite style, but this is a good one. It hides that 9.3 % well, making it dangerous. It went down quickly and easily.

I agree with Devildeac - too good to say Low Cat 3, so between Low Cat 3 and Mid Cat 3.

The Raspberry Tart is a world-class fruited lambic. It has some sweetness up front, but it proved again last night just how refreshing it is. Mid Cat 3 for the Raspberry Tart. The better halves preferred the Raspberry Tart. Their palates are more distinguished in detecting the high-ABV in the Crush.

Super fun experiment. Thanks T-Will!
    A better quality review than mine, as usual.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

From last PM:

Fulcrum-Equilibrium Brewery

Not. Local.

Credit-a discounted mini growler from Bottle Rev, 1.5 blocks from my office
    Style-NEDIPA
    Format-^^^^
    Stemware-nonic pint
    Appearance-pineapple juice; modest, creamy head
    Nose-pineapples, mangoes and oranges
    Tastes-even more of ^^^^, some rind/pith and white wine
    Adjuncts-white wheat and oats
    Hops-Citra, Idaho 7, Nelson Sauvin, Strata and more Citra
    IBU-"no IBU" but I'll guesstimate 40
    ABV-8%
    Overall impression-deeeelicious; juicy, minimal bitterness
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid cat 3; delighted to have just poured the remainder of the mini growler into a teku minutes ago
    From late last PM, night #2 of Fulcrum:

Fulcrum-Equilibrium Brewing

Simply put, #1 is almost always better than #2. Fresher, more original, tastier, sweeter, less bitter and not stale/flat with a bit more bubbliness to it. I'd consider a 4 pack of this beer to share/trade and would recommend to those reading/lurking here.

Most welcome. It’s what hot takes are for.
    I like Hot Browns even better than hot takes, especially because they involve turkey AND bacon. And, of course, pair well with beer.

Dessert late last PM:

Attachment 12749
    From Friday night:

Pancake House Stout-Aleworks Brewing Company

Kinda local for the RVA crew but not *quite* for those south of the border.

Credit-a trader about 6 weeks ago from RJ199; thanks!!
    Style-BBA flavored imperial stout
    Delivery vessel-pint can
    Receiving vessel-snifter
    Appearance-very, very dark brown; generous mocha appearing head
    Nose-a home cooked, full service breakfast buffet
    Mouthfeel-slippery and soft
    Tastes-bourbon, dark maple syrup (you know, the good stuff from Canada), fudge sauce, coffee, vanilla, dark caramel and maybe a stack of Ymm, Pancakes
    Adjuncts-maple syrup, oats, coffee, cocoa and vanilla beans
    IBU-"no IBU" on Untappd but in reality, probably 40 something
    ABV-8.5%; liquid breakfast booze
    Overall impression-expectations based on the brewery (good/very good but not excellent) were far exceeded with the final product; it was outstanding
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid level cat 3 easily and, at $4/can, a real good price point; would buy again in a Ymm, Beer minute

From Friday night:

Pancake House Stout-Aleworks Brewing Company

Kinda local for the RVA crew but not *quite* for those south of the border.

Credit-a trader about 6 weeks ago from RJ199; thanks!!
    Style-BBA flavored imperial stout
    Delivery vessel-pint can
    Receiving vessel-snifter
    Appearance-very, very dark brown; generous mocha appearing head
    Nose-a home cooked, full service breakfast buffet
    Mouthfeel-slippery and soft
    Tastes-bourbon, dark maple syrup (you know, the good stuff from Canada), fudge sauce, coffee, vanilla, dark caramel and maybe a stack of Ymm, Pancakes
    Adjuncts-maple syrup, oats, coffee, cocoa and vanilla beans
    IBU-"no IBU" on Untappd but in reality, probably 40 something
    ABV-8.5%; liquid breakfast booze
    Overall impression-expectations based on the brewery (good/very good but not excellent) were far exceeded with the final product; it was outstanding
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid level cat 3 easily and, at $4/can, a real good price point; would buy again in a Ymm, Beer minute
    Cool story/background from Untappd:

"An eye opening Imperial Stout with a jolt of coffee & a drip of maple, aged in Woodford Reserve bourbon barrels then rested on crisp bacon. Inspired by our favorite meal as a nod to the ubiquitous breakfast spots that adorn our hometown of Williamsburg, VA."

The bacon part surprised me; not sure I caught that on my palate with sooooo many other flavors/additives present.