Page 1931 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 931143118311881192119291930193119321933194119812031 ... LastLast
Results 38,601 to 38,620 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    #3 - Hardywood - Bourbon Cru

My favorite of the Hardywood's that I have sampled.

"Hardywood Bourbon Cru is brewed in fashion of Belgium's revered monastic breweries. Bourbon Cru displays a rich mahogany hue with a medium body and brilliant clarity after months of barrel aging. The maturity and melding of flavors brought on by the freshly drained bourbon barrels lend an extraordinary sense of harmony to Bourbon Cru. Almond, toffee, and oaky vanilla give way to notes of dark cherries and raisins. Subtle hints of plum are greeted by caramel overtones for a smooth, robust and warming finish"

12%
    Such a great beer. In honor of this quad which made my list, I'm adding another favorite:

#100 - Bourbon Barrel Quad - Boulevard - 12.2 % - Subtle cherry, toffee, and vanilla notes. Stella has 4 packs of this every so often, and always buy the 4-pack if you see it! One of my favorite quads.
    And pairs brilliantly with a cigar

#4 - Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery - Juicy #22

I was late to the game and missed the first 21 but this one did not disappoint! And #23 and #24 have been just as good! I see that #25 is available, time for a new order.

ABV 7.5

"Who loves orange soda? Juicy 22 loves orange soda. MMMHHMMM! I do, I do, I do-oooh! Soft Creamy head, layered with orange zest, orange juice, and with a soft kiss of vanilla. Juicy 22 showcases the wonderful hop LOTUS. We hope this beverage brings you as much joy as it has brought us."
    Can't remember which Juicy # you gave me in a trader, but I think that was one of the ones that made me know Lickinghole is more than just a name that beat the wankerizer.

Beers called juicy are usually good. One day I need to try that Tree House Juice Machine

#5 - New Glarus - Wisconsin Belgian Red

Near perfection in a fruit beer.

"You hold the marriage of wine and beer. Belgian Red is a tapestry of flavor. This beer is brewed with whole Montmorency Cherries, Wisconsin Farmed Wheat and Belgian Roasted Barleys, lagered in oak tanks and balanced by Hallertau hops we aged in our brewery one full year.

Over a pound of Door County Cherries in every bottle makes this beer uniquely "Wisconsin." So unique, in fact, that we applied for a patent. Expect this beer to be ruby red, with a medium body that is highly carbonated and intense with cherry flavor and bouquet. Serve your friends Belgian Red in a brandy snifter or champagne flute and toast life with beer from the land of Wisconsin."
    I don't care that they flip-flop this with Raspberry Tart on beeradvocate. I think this is the #1 fruit beer. Which makes the pop tart #2

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Blue Moon used to be “craft beer.”
    I remember those days! And to put an orange slice in it! The audacity!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

#6 - Karl Strauss - Red Trolley Ale

I used to get sent to southern California a couple times a year for work. Whenever I was in San Diego or La Jolla, I would try to stop by Karl Strauss for a beer or two. I remember this as one of my faves.

"Red Trolley Ale sets the standard for Irish Red Ales. Each batch of this multi award-winning beer is brewed with a half-ton of caramelized malts for a deep copper color and toffee flavor. After adding the perfect mix of hops for balance, the brew is warm-fermented to bring out hints of raisins and currants. It’s time to take this Trolley for a ride."

5.8%
    17IBU
    Lucky you! I've been to La Jolla once and wanted to seriously move to San Diego after that. We need to go back and drink some more of this beer, seriously. I love Irish reds, and trying this one is now a must-do

#7 - Rocheforte - 10

The best of the best of the best from our Trappist Beer Virtual Pub. I could have easily substituted the 8 or the 6 but this one stood out.

A 100 score on beer advocate. It's almost like they know what they are talking about.

I think that was my favorite Virtual Pub of 2020. I learned so much and tried so many great beers.
    The deep powerful flavor on this beer definitely stood out. Such a Belgian masterpiece.

I remember those days! And to put an orange slice in it! The audacity!
    To get super-sophisticated, you’d buy Höegarden.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

When I lived in a tiny town in Upstate New York called Brockport, there was a bar on the corner that usually had Woodchuck Cider on tap. (This was unusual, around 1999 or so) And they had the most delicious Steak and Cheese sandwich there they called the Balboa. For some reason a fresh Woodchuck on tap and a Balboa was heavenly to me at the time.
    I remember Woodchuk. That one was pretty good

#16 - Parkway Brewing - Majestic Mullet

"Majestic Mullet is a golden ale with notes of cereal and grain. Balanced by hints of floral hop aroma and an accentuating bitterness, the nuances of the yeast add a fruity, vinous note."

5.6%

20IBU

A wonderful Krispy Kolsch! And I don't say that about too many Kolsch.

I believe Daryl has visited Parkway. If you're ever cruising by Roanoke on I81, swing in for a pint!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

#8 - Victory Brewing - Sour Monkey

Sour Tripel

abv: 9.5%
    malt: Pilsner
    hops: Tettnang
    notes: Fruity notes from imported Belgian yeast swirl through a precise souring. Pucker up to a bite of citrus laden tang ending with a delectable experience.

"Tastefully tart is how our monkeys describe their sour sibling. Born from the same imported malts, Belgian yeast, and a mix of magical spices, this monkey decided to take a walk on the tangy side. With a swirling citrusy, lemon bit and a delectable essence, you better pucker up and respect this monkey."

Combining two of my favorite styles of beer - the tripel and the sour - love this beer. Not quite as good bottled but 100% delicious when you find it on tap. First time I realized how potent a sour could be.
    I'm sure I've seen this in bottles but never tried. I'll put it on the top draft picks list

#17 - Starr Hill Brewery - The Love

The Love is an unfiltered wheat beer. It is distinguished by its light body, fruity aroma, and crisp finish.

ABV: 5.1%

HOPS: Hallertau

MALTS: 2-Row, Wheat, Munich

Yeast: Hefeweizen

Couldn't decide on which Starr Hill to go with here so I thought I'd just share The Love...

(see what I did there)

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hmm, I'll look for that next week if you'd like as I purchase my ales from the United Kingdom. (too much consternation/angst possible if I just typed UK )
    It almost feels good that Cal and UK also missed the tourney. It helps. And they had a pretty good team on paper

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I'm sure I've seen this in bottles but never tried. I'll put it on the top draft picks list
    Yeah, I think I said this above. I don't enjoy it quite as much in a bottle. Or maybe I just never get it fresh. But I love it on tap somewhere.

#9 - Legend Brewing - Brown Ale

"The Virginia Original. Our most popular beer, Legend Brown Ale is a full-bodied version of an American Brown Ale. Expect a rich, malt-forward brew with a beautiful mahogany tone. A generous amount of specialty malts brings flavors of sweet caramel, toasted nuts, coffee, and molasses, all perfectly balanced by cautious hop dryness. Fruity undertones provided by our strain of house yeast round out this world class ale."

5.8%
    19IBU

The beer that made me realize I could like a Brown Ale. A Richmond Tradition.
    This was absolutely one of my favorite traders - maybe the best Brown that I've had. It doesn't overdo any of those flavors, but perfectly balanced with finish is right. World class brown is right. Thanks again!

Never heard of that one. But I love the first craft beer story. My first craft beer love was Red Oak. Prior to that I thought Guinness was the only good beer out there.
    Interesting point/timeline about Guinness. I shared a bottle with at friend/roommate in college and despised it, thinking Michelob and Andeker (sp?) were good beers. Fast forward 20 years and then another 20 years and has the palate ever changed and now I appreciate it for the classic Irish/dry stout that it is.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

#18 - Full Sail - Session Lager

5.0% ABV

18 IBUS

"Named #1 American Lager by the New York Times, Best of the Northwest Lager by Sip NW Magazine and voted Best Craft Lager by The Full Pint. Session Premium Lager is as popular with the critics as it is with all us beer lovers, winning over 28 gold medals among many others."

This was a very popular choice out west. I remember having it more than a couple times. I'm not sure if I've seen it since I've been back. I may have and just browsed right past because of all the other locals. An easy drinker if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Blue Moon used to be “craft beer.”
    Still is to some people.

[chortle]

#10 - Ammo Brewing - Tripel Down

Unfortunately, Ammo Brewing did not survive the Pandemic. I'm hoping the family that ran it re-surfaces after this is all over. They brewed some delightful beers. There are a couple that have shut down in the last few years that I figured would, this was not one of them.

So thankful that Winston didn't lose any breweries. The biggest loss in NC that I know of (and it's a big one) was Brewery Bhavana. They may be technically still open, but their beer production as far as I can tell is dead. Not from the pandemic, though, just a sad scandal.

I bet this Ammo family does ok. Brewing good beer isn't easy, and their skills are marketable

I'll never forget tasing my first Veil either. My first trader batch from accfan definitely had some sort of Never Never Something-or-Other in it. Beergoddess and I were blown away by how well they blended the fresh fruit smoothie with well-hidden alcohol and such a gorgeous sour finish. So many breweries have signature expertise recognizable in many different beer versions. But any beer (or smoothie) lover who hasn't tried the Veil needs to put it on the ale trail
    Shoot, as accfan and Nrrrrvous have pointed out, there are 10-15 breweries/cideries/distilleries (if you include Hardywood and Castleberg, IIRC) in the Scott's Addition area. One could spend 2-3 weekends there and they *might* be able to visit all those locations.

Such a great beer. In honor of this quad which made my list, I'm adding another favorite:

#100 - Bourbon Barrel Quad - Boulevard - 12.2 % - Subtle cherry, toffee, and vanilla notes. Stella has 4 packs of this every so often, and always buy the 4-pack if you see it! One of my favorite quads.
    And pairs brilliantly with a cigar
    Almost always pick up a 4 pack of this at Total William when I shop, but, that hasn't been since before Christmas, IIRC.