Page 1882 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 882138217821832187218801881188218831884189219321982 ... LastLast
Results 37,621 to 37,640 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Heading to Ohio- definitely JackieO’s now that they’re in Columbus, wolfs ridge and Zaftig probably too. Orders?
    Put me down for one bottle of Jackie O's and 1 bottle of Wolf's Ridge - something you think looks good. I'll get them with the Ruse and try to trade something worthy. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I arrived home from work and discovered a six pack of Hardywood Richmond Lager in my garage refrigerator. My daughter hooked me up. 🍺
    Let us know how it is. I've had mostly stouts and quads from Hardywood, along with one amazing blend - so would love to hear how they do with a lager. I bet it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Sipping a Dark Chocolate bar for dessert tonight. Otherwise known as a Double Dark Chocolate Biggie S’mores Imperial Stout.

~9.5 %

16oz can to a favorite tulip.
    There really is no other way to describe it - take a 75% dark chocolate bar and turn it into a beer. I still get tiny hints of the graham crackers and marshmallows but ithats about it. Not even the slightest hint of the 9.5%.
    Delicious, easy cat 3 IMHO.
    In Honor of you rating this beer a Cat 3, tonight beergoddess and I shared:

Marvoloso 2020: V08 - Commonwealth - Imperial Double Pastry Stout - 13.5 % - (from untappd) - Aged on Basil Hayden Bourbon and Woodford Rye Barrels and conditioned on Blanchard's coffee beans, Cinnamon, Dulce de Leche, Cacao Nibs, Tahitian Vanilla beans, and Ghiradelli Dark chocolate.

There is an emphasis on the Ghiradelli, but I taste everything, beautifully balanced and one right after the next. Fantastic aroma too with dark chocolate and cinnamon (probably too much cinnamon). The coffee and roast are nicely understated and nicely discernible. The basil hayden's barrel are good. This one packs a punch and it's so good and well-hidden it's dangerous. Rich, dark chocolatey chewy mouthfeel.

When I finished my glass I offered to help beergoddess with hers as she is a slower sipper. She said no way - too good to share.

This is easy Category 3 and on the + side of that. Untappd says 4.35. Wonderful and delicious - don't sleep on Commonwealth stouts either Virginians

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post

Marvoloso 2020: V08 - Commonwealth - Imperial Double Pastry Stout - 13.5 % - (from untappd) - Aged on Basil Hayden Bourbon and Woodford Rye Barrels and conditioned on Blanchard's coffee beans, Cinnamon, Dulce de Leche, Cacao Nibs, Tahitian Vanilla beans, and Ghiradelli Dark chocolate.

There is an emphasis on the Ghiradelli, but I taste everything, beautifully balanced and one right after the next. Fantastic aroma too with dark chocolate and cinnamon (probably too much cinnamon). The coffee and roast are nicely understated and nicely discernible. The basil hayden's barrel are good. This one packs a punch and it's so good and well-hidden it's dangerous. Rich, dark chocolatey chewy mouthfeel.

When I finished my glass I offered to help beergoddess with hers as she is a slower sipper. She said no way - too good to share.

This is easy Category 3 and on the + side of that. Untappd says 4.35. Wonderful and delicious - don't sleep on Commonwealth stouts either Virginians

One word: ymm

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    No, thank you for completing it for me!
    Has anybody ever said this to a Cat 3 beer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sze0JlKaTyE

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Cognac Envoutée-Trois Dames

Attachment 12661

Dinner beer tonight. Magnificent.
    Thrilled you enjoyed! Stella came through on that one

Put me down for one bottle of Jackie O's and 1 bottle of Wolf's Ridge - something you think looks good. I'll get them with the Ruse and try to trade something worthy. Thanks!
    You got it! Wolf’s Ridge today...

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    You got it! Wolf’s Ridge today...
    Thanks! I'll include a thank-you for muling trader in the mix.

Enjoy the day! Well deserved. We'll see how you think these Ohio stalwarts compare to Scott's Addition

I'm biased. But you can't beat Hardywood stouts.

I'm drinking a pretty incredible stout right now, from a different brewery in Virginia
    Which brewery? Which beer?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Impressive selection!
    Now we need to read what DinK thought about her fabulous selection...

reads just wow

how do they do it? (ie make beer cocktails better than devildeac)
    Intermingle sounds like a Brian's Blend concoction.

reads just wow

how do they do it? (ie make beer cocktails better than devildeac)
    Ha! The only beer cocktails I've made have been with New Glarus fruit beers.

I had 2 wild yeast beers in the past few weeks that had been in the fridge way too long. They didn't "explode" per se. But they erupted like a slow foaming volcano that kept going all over the table when I opened them. Messy. These were bottles not crowlers.
    Always something edjumacational on Ymm, Beer. I'd always thought a beer like that had "turned" and never thought about the wild yeast having that effect.

Yes please! Sounds like a fun beer
    If LegoBatman makes it to NC, perhaps we can send a beer mule from the 336 to western NC for the pick-up instead of having to depend on some other unproven source.

Yikes too late - sorry Tripping! Beergoddess and I drank all 4 of these. amusedcupcake's husband told us the unpasteurized fruited beer needed to be consumed fresh or it would go bad or something. Or maybe beergoddess drank the last one. Or maybe I just saw that bright yellow can and forgot I was saving it for you. So get that last one from devildeac!

Don't worry Tripping, I haven't gotten into your stash I'm holding for you... yet
    I'll try.

Hmm, there are some really good beers in that delivery RJ199 is sequestering for TW.

Headed to Chicago via Ohio in about 6 weeks. Please place your order.

Let us know how it is. I've had mostly stouts and quads from Hardywood, along with one amazing blend - so would love to hear how they do with a lager. I bet it's great.
    I *think* I sipped a Hardywood pilsner several years ago and thought it high quality.

Beergoddess and a stout?!?! What in the world is happening?

Sounds like another amazing Commonwealth product.

Quote Originally Posted by beergoddess View Post
    One word: ymm
    And that one word is a good one.