Page 1867 of 2120 FirstFirst ... 867136717671817185718651866186718681869187719171967 ... LastLast
Results 37,321 to 37,340 of 42398

Thread: Ymm, Beer

  1. #37321
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    For those New Anthem fanboys/girls out there, The Amen Break is a wonderful beer and very near our vacation destination for Virtual Pub.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  2. #37322
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    First half:

    Monk's Hood-Wolf's Ridge Brewing

    Local for the buying guy from a place we like to travel/vacation, keeping with OPK's theme and staying on topic

    Credit-son; thanks!!
    Style-flavored imperial milk stout
    Format-bomber, divided over 2 nights
    Packaged on-Feb/14/2020 (the beer of love)
    Stemware-snifter
    Appearance-dark brown; small, tan head
    Mouthfeel-glorious
    Tastes-dark chocolate and coffee, burn grains, dark caramel
    Adjuncts-lactose, Mexican espresso and Ugandan cacao
    IBU-probably 50
    ABV-13.2%, hence the 11 ounce portions each night to celebrate the cheats 13 point loss to Marquette
    Overall impression-delectable
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid level cat 3; wonderful balance of roasty, sweet, coffee and chocolate; another round tripper from this brewery, even without BBA
    Second half:

    Monk's Hood-Wolf's Ridge Brewing

    The only real difference I'm able to discern is an even smaller head. It's equally chocolatized and coffee-infused the second night. Wonderful dessert/nightcap brew.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  3. #37323
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    For those New Anthem fanboys/girls out there, The Amen Break is a wonderful beer and very near our vacation destination for Virtual Pub.
    Duly noted.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  4. #37324
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    My Virtual Pub contribution is the Edmund’s Oast Maple Coffee Cream brown ale I reviewed upthread. Ymm, Chucktown. I really miss Kiawah.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  5. #37325
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    My Virtual Pub contribution is the Edmund’s Oast Maple Coffee Cream brown ale I reviewed upthread. Ymm, Chucktown. I really miss Kiawah.
    Still not sure I've ever had an Edmund's Oast beer. My loss.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  6. #37326
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Still not sure I've ever had an Edmund's Oast beer. My loss.
    It is. They make good beer.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  7. #37327
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Did you check the door (or broken window) with my earlier messages?
    Sorry, hiking in the woods and forgot to open the pub.

    Got caught in the woods and missed the Zoom.

    Still have my DBR beers, will have to post them later.

    Sorry, super slack on me all the way around. 80 degrees and sunny here today, things just took their own time today!

  8. #37328
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    FDE4E8FC-0194-497F-8BE5-17986D2066AB.jpg

    In honor of the “words I love/hate” thread: Things of That Nature: Irregardless — Imperial IPA from The Brewing Projekt in Eau Claire, Wisconsin — 92 on ba. 9.1 ABV

    In honor of Bundy, Clem and a host of other turkeys: Gobble Gobble Goo — Hazy IPA by Baa Baa Brewhouse in Brookshire, TX. 6.9 ABV. Not enough ratings on ab., 4.2/5 on untappd.

    In honor of the virtual pub: OK Zoomer — Imperial Pilsner by Pontoon Brewing Company in Sandy Springs, GA. 7.7 ABV, not enough ratings on ab. 3.7 on untappd.

    And in honor of the vp theme, where I’d like to go with Mrs.PK: Hotel Rendezvous — Kristallweizen (Bavarian-Style wheat beer) by Revelry Brewing in Charleston, SC. 4.3 ABV, 83 on ab.

  9. #37329
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem

    Burial Despite All The Lunacy IPA

    Hazy yellow. All sorts of stuff in it. Oats. Wheat. Simcoe Cryo. Double dry-hopped with some I’ve never heard of. (Riwaka?) Tasty, but not quite to New Anthem level.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  10. #37330
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    In your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    My Virtual Pub contribution is the Edmund’s Oast Maple Coffee Cream brown ale I reviewed upthread. Ymm, Chucktown. I really miss Kiawah.
    Had that a few weeks ago. Tasty.

  11. #37331
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    From last PM:

    Lightning Strikes Thrice-Wilmington Brewing Company

    Local for the weekend

    Credit-vacation theme
    Style-West Coast Style TIPA; not many of these on the market
    Format-pint can
    Stamped on can-02.10.21; another freshie!
    Glassware-large wine glass
    Appearance-slightly cloudy, orange bronze; moderate head
    Nose-orange rind, pine, citrus
    Mouthfeel-almost bracingly bitter
    Tastes-orange rind, grapefruit and rind, pine/resin, light caramel
    Hops-no info available
    IBU-gotta be 80s
    ABV-11% (whoa!)
    Overall impression-made me think what a Dogfish Head 90 Minute IIPA might be like with larger grain and hop additions
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; a really good beer; can't recall if I've had their Lightning Strikes Twice
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  12. #37332
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Hazy yellow. All sorts of stuff in it. Oats. Wheat. Simcoe Cryo. Double dry-hopped with some I’ve never heard of. (Riwaka?) Tasty, but not quite to New Anthem level.
    I've had this in a couple beers. It is not common.

    http://www.hopslist.com/hops/aroma-hops/riwaka/

    "Considered to be one of the darling hops of the New Zealand craft beer scene, Riwaka’s abundant oil content is nearly twice that of its parent variety Saaz. This unique oil balance alongside a near 1:1 ratio of alpha to beta acids gives it a strong sweet citrus note that, according to one brewer, makes it the “ultimate” for hoppy beers. Riwaka, formerly known as D Saaz, is a product of HortResearch’s New Zealand Hops “hops with a difference” program and was officially released to the brewing world in 1997."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  13. #37333
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Coastal vacation beer:

    The Amen Break-New Anthem Beer Project

    Pretty nearby

    Credit-themed beer
    Style-label says IPA; palate says IIPA
    Format-16 ounce can
    Stemware-another large wine glass
    Appearance-hazy pineapple yellow; 2" head
    Nose-pineapple
    Mouthfeel-juice
    Taste-pineapple, mango, papaya, hint of grapefruit
    Hops-Citra, Mosaic, El Dorado
    IBU-50 something
    ABV-8%
    Overall impression-fanboys and girls agree, this is an excellent beer
    Ymm, Beer rating-low/mid level cat 3; not cheap at about $5/can but worth a single or a litter to hoard for yourself or share/trade
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  14. #37334
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Coastal vacation beer:

    The Amen Break-New Anthem Beer Project

    Pretty nearby

    Credit-themed beer
    Style-label says IPA; palate says IIPA
    Format-16 ounce can
    Stemware-another large wine glass
    Appearance-hazy pineapple yellow; 2" head
    Nose-pineapple
    Mouthfeel-juice
    Taste-pineapple, mango, papaya, hint of grapefruit
    Hops-Citra, Mosaic, El Dorado
    IBU-50 something
    ABV-8%
    Overall impression-fanboys and girls agree, this is an excellent beer
    Ymm, Beer rating-low/mid level cat 3; not cheap at about $5/can but worth a single or a litter to hoard for yourself or share/trade
    I didn't know this:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amen_break

    "The Amen break is a drum break that has been widely sampled in numerous music genres. It comes from the 1969 track "Amen, Brother" by the soul group the Winstons, released as the B-side of the 1969 single "Color Him Father". The drum break lasts about seven seconds and was performed by Gregory Coleman."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  15. #37335
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Coastal vacation beer:

    The Amen Break-New Anthem Beer Project

    Pretty nearby

    Credit-themed beer
    Style-label says IPA; palate says IIPA
    Format-16 ounce can
    Stemware-another large wine glass
    Appearance-hazy pineapple yellow; 2" head
    Nose-pineapple
    Mouthfeel-juice
    Taste-pineapple, mango, papaya, hint of grapefruit
    Hops-Citra, Mosaic, El Dorado
    IBU-50 something
    ABV-8%
    Overall impression-fanboys and girls agree, this is an excellent beer
    Ymm, Beer rating-low/mid level cat 3; not cheap at about $5/can but worth a single or a litter to hoard for yourself or share/trade
    Picture much better than my description:

    f742787adac4f7b59a80e74f8be1218c_640x640.jpg
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  16. #37336
    Ugh night shift. Sleep all day, having a beer in the middle of the night. Tonight was a trip south.

    Hardywood Casuario - another family tree special.

    They take their imperial stout and age it in bourbon barrels 20 months. It’s their Foolery but it’s conditioned on guajillo peppers, Vietnamese cinnamon, cocoa nibs and Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans.

    It is smooth, decadent and balanced with the chocolate, bourbon, cinnamon, vanilla and a bit of heat all at the right level. I loved the GBs Caliente, this is better. Only 12.3% .

    Another 750ml offering that makes the membership worth it. High cat3, the heat is so subtle it’s cat3 even if you’re not a fan of that style.

  17. #37337
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Ugh night shift. Sleep all day, having a beer in the middle of the night. Tonight was a trip south.

    Hardywood Casuario - another family tree special.

    They take their imperial stout and age it in bourbon barrels 20 months. It’s their Foolery but it’s conditioned on guajillo peppers, Vietnamese cinnamon, cocoa nibs and Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans.

    It is smooth, decadent and balanced with the chocolate, bourbon, cinnamon, vanilla and a bit of heat all at the right level. I loved the GBs Caliente, this is better. Only 12.3% .

    Another 750ml offering that makes the membership worth it. High cat3, the heat is so subtle it’s cat3 even if you’re not a fan of that style.
    Wow - sounds amazing. You deserved that one!

    Can't wait to all hang out at a tailgate or outside deck again sampling some beers

  18. #37338
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Ugh night shift. Sleep all day, having a beer in the middle of the night. Tonight was a trip south.

    Hardywood Casuario - another family tree special.

    They take their imperial stout and age it in bourbon barrels 20 months. It’s their Foolery but it’s conditioned on guajillo peppers, Vietnamese cinnamon, cocoa nibs and Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans.

    It is smooth, decadent and balanced with the chocolate, bourbon, cinnamon, vanilla and a bit of heat all at the right level. I loved the GBs Caliente, this is better. Only 12.3% .

    Another 750ml offering that makes the membership worth it. High cat3, the heat is so subtle it’s cat3 even if you’re not a fan of that style.
    That's sounds amazing. I liked GBS Caliente a lot, especially given my mild aversion to peppers in beers, but, thanks to our son, RJ199, TW, accfan and Hardywood, I've become a modest fan of low to medium Scoville Heat Units in beers, almost always if they have one or two other adjuncts/spices in them like cinnamon, vanilla, coffee and/or chocolate that will mitigate the heat to some degree.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  19. #37339
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Wow - sounds amazing. You deserved that one!

    Can't wait to all hang out at a tailgate or outside deck again sampling some beers
    Kinda invitation only, amirite?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  20. #37340
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sorry, hiking in the woods and forgot to open the pub.

    Got caught in the woods and missed the Zoom.

    Still have my DBR beers, will have to post them later.

    Sorry, super slack on me all the way around. 80 degrees and sunny here today, things just took their own time today!
    Thanks for hosting such a great concept for VP.

    I had Tefnut - the pineapple dreamsicle version from Nrrrvous. The tropical fruit bomb explosion reminded me of Hawaii where I want to travel to and take beergoddess when restrictions lift.

    I also had a home brew called March Sadness Pale Ale. It was brownish amber pour with gorgeous Belgian lacing and head retention. Flavorful Simcoe and fresh draft taste. It's a high Category 2 Pale Ale which is a difficult style I believe. It was made by a friend, and being able to hang out with friends more in-person is another thing I'm looking forward to when pandemic restrictions lift.

    I shared a Burial called Lords of the Roost. 7.3%, 55 IBU. It was a West Coast IPA with Nelson, Galaxy, and Cashmere with a small dose of Mosaic. Category 2. But the Burial also fit the theme as an eventual trip to Asheville to hit some breweries is also in the works

    Enjoyed the VP as always!

Similar Threads

  1. Ycch, Beer!
    By DevilAlumna in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 12-11-2020, 10:59 AM
  2. Who would you most want to have a beer with?
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
  3. Beer League
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:43 AM
  4. Beer Question of Yore
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM
  5. Best Beer Commerical Ever!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 05:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •