Page 1860 of 2119 FirstFirst ... 860136017601810185018581859186018611862187019101960 ... LastLast
Results 37,181 to 37,200 of 42365

Thread: Ymm, Beer

  1. #37181
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    New Anthem Amen Break in the queue for a Virtual Pub Vacation preview, perhaps tomorrow night.
    That one could lead to a Permanent Crease.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  2. #37182
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Simply Stares Upward-New Anthem Beer Project

    Apparently, a new release this week.

    For you fanboys/girls out there.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  3. #37183
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    This link lists a buncha Brian's Blends:

    https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/pr...beers&show=all

    I'll put accfan on notice and see if he's had any others beside the #12 he traded last month.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  4. #37184
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Foothills is releasing a lime ginger wit called Good Ship in bottles and cans within the next couple of weeks. FWIW.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  5. #37185
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    To all our VA folks down near the coast - just read that Three Notch'd will be opening a location in Virginia Beach this summer!

    I'm impressed that even during these pandemic times, some breweries are still growing/adding locations.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  6. #37186
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Foothills is releasing a lime ginger wit called Good Ship in bottles and cans within the next couple of weeks. FWIW.
    A bit early for warm summer days, but thanks for the tip.

    Reminds me of another similar beer name...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  7. #37187
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    To all our VA folks down near the coast - just read that Three Notch'd will be opening a location in Virginia Beach this summer!

    I'm impressed that even during these pandemic times, some breweries are still growing/adding locations.
    Yea, pretty surprising as an article I read today quoted >8000 breweries in the US now. I thought I saw sometime last year that there were about 7500 and that number was expected to decrease during Covid times.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  8. #37188
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Whoever mentioned The Vapors gets a couple extra gold stars. A Ymm, Beer Destination Vacation VP beer tonight with dinner. More Saturday.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  9. #37189
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    A bit of a spoiler:

    https://www.morebeer.com/products/ga...s-pellets.html

    "Galaxy hops are a highly sought after Australian aroma hop with limited supply. Huge oil content with pungent citrus and passionfruit flavors. Amazing in hoppy pale ales and IPA's. We can only buy so much and we have to contract for it years in advance so be sure to pick some up when it is in stock!

    Origin
    Galaxy hops were bred by Hop Products Australia at their Rostrevor Breeding Garden in Victoria in 1994."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  10. #37190
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    A bit of a spoiler:

    https://www.morebeer.com/products/ga...s-pellets.html

    "Galaxy hops are a highly sought after Australian aroma hop with limited supply. Huge oil content with pungent citrus and passionfruit flavors. Amazing in hoppy pale ales and IPA's. We can only buy so much and we have to contract for it years in advance so be sure to pick some up when it is in stock!

    Origin
    Galaxy hops were bred by Hop Products Australia at their Rostrevor Breeding Garden in Victoria in 1994."
    Because we all know how valuable stats are:

    "Galaxy Hop Statistics
    Alpha Acids: 13.5 - 14.8%
    Beta Acids: 5.8 - 6.0%
    Alpha-Beta Ratio: 2.25 - 2.55
    Cohumulone: (% of alpha acids): 35%
    Total Oils in mls per 100 grams dried: 2.4 - 2.7
    Similar Hop Varieties: Citra®

    Citra® is a registered trademark owned by Yakima Chief Hops, LLC.

    Format Pellet
    Origin Australian
    Flavor and Aroma Fruity
    Alpha Acids High
    Use Dual Purpose"
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  11. #37191
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    This link lists a buncha Brian's Blends:

    https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/pr...beers&show=all

    I'll put accfan on notice and see if he's had any others beside the #12 he traded last month.
    I think I’ve tried them all!

  12. #37192
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I think I’ve tried them all!
    That's quite impressive. I've never heard of them until #12, which was deeeelicious and I'll review tonight. Thanks again!!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  13. #37193
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Some Simcoe info:

    https://yakimavalleyhops.com/product...oe-hop-pellets

    "Simcoe®, previously named YCR 14, was released in 2000 by Select Botanicals Group. It has since become one of the most popular hops for both the craft beer and homebrewing industries. At 12%-14% Alpha Acid, Simcoe has great bittering qualities, but also packs a complex aroma of stone fruit, pine, and citrus zest. It truly is a dual purpose hop that is capable of standing on its own in single-hopped beers in a wide range of styles.

    Aroma: passionfruit, pine resin, apricot, and fruity aroma and flavor."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  14. #37194
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Some Simcoe info:

    https://yakimavalleyhops.com/product...oe-hop-pellets

    "Simcoe®, previously named YCR 14, was released in 2000 by Select Botanicals Group. It has since become one of the most popular hops for both the craft beer and homebrewing industries. At 12%-14% Alpha Acid, Simcoe has great bittering qualities, but also packs a complex aroma of stone fruit, pine, and citrus zest. It truly is a dual purpose hop that is capable of standing on its own in single-hopped beers in a wide range of styles.

    Aroma: passionfruit, pine resin, apricot, and fruity aroma and flavor."
    Small sample size of stats:

    "Alpha Acid: 12-14%
    Typical Usage: Dual purpose
    Beer Styles: IPA, Double IPA, American-style ale."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  15. #37195
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Whoever mentioned The Vapors gets a couple extra gold stars. A Ymm, Beer Destination Vacation VP beer tonight with dinner. More Saturday.
    Believe that was me.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  16. #37196
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem

    Incendiary Death to Kettle Sours Key Lime Pie

    I didn’t get to pour this one, so no comments on color, head, etc. It’s very good, but not quite to Tank Top level (at least the 2019 BATT; 2020’s seemed “off”). Really good pucker; just the right amount. But, for the life of me, I couldn’t find the ABV percentage on the can. Odd. Otherwise very much worth seeking out.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  17. #37197
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Believe that was me.
    I thought so. Thanks again.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  18. #37198
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Whoever mentioned The Vapors gets a couple extra gold stars. A Ymm, Beer Destination Vacation VP beer tonight with dinner. More Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Believe that was me.
    I just consumed one of mine. But I won’t steal your thunder.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  19. #37199
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I didn’t get to pour this one, so no comments on color, head, etc. It’s very good, but not quite to Tank Top level (at least the 2019 BATT; 2020’s seemed “off”). Really good pucker; just the right amount. But, for the life of me, I couldn’t find the ABV percentage on the can. Odd. Otherwise very much worth seeking out.
    The Bottle Rev Lake Boone Trail owner had highly complimentary things to say about Incendiary as we were discussing complementary beers.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  20. #37200
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    the bottle rev lake boone trail owner had highly complimentary things to say about incendiary as we were discussing complementary beers.
    I see what you did there.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Similar Threads

  1. Ycch, Beer!
    By DevilAlumna in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 12-11-2020, 10:59 AM
  2. Who would you most want to have a beer with?
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
  3. Beer League
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:43 AM
  4. Beer Question of Yore
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM
  5. Best Beer Commerical Ever!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 05:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •