Page 1856 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 856135617561806184618541855185618571858186619061956 ... LastLast
Results 37,101 to 37,120 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

From last PM:

CBS-Founders Brewing Company

Not a bit local

Credit-all mine!!
    Style-if'n you don't know by now
    Format-12 ounce bottle
    Bottled on-09.16.19
    Stemware-a very handy Founders snifter
    Appearance-Quaker State; modest tan head
    Nose-maple syrup, coffee and bourbon
    Mouthfeel-slippery
    Tastes-matched the nose with a heavy dose of semisweet chocolate
    Adjuncts-chocolate, coffee
    Aging-maple syrup (likely Canadian, not some of that cheep south of the border stuff) bourbon barrels)
    IBU-45
    ABV-11.3%
    Overall impression-an absolute classic; happy to have 5 left
    Ymm, Beer rating-near the top of the class on that cat 3 shelf; world classic
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From last PM:

Not a bit local

Credit-all mine!!
    Format-12 ounce bottle
    Bottled on-09.16.19
    Mouthfeel-slippery
    Aging-maple syrup (likely Canadian, not some of that cheep south of the border stuff) bourbon barrels)
    IBU-45
    ABV-11.3%
    Don't believe me?

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/47658/

rating of 100

From last PM:

Not a bit local

Credit-all mine!!
    Format-12 ounce bottle
    Bottled on-09.16.19
    Mouthfeel-slippery
    IBU-45
    ABV-11.3%
    No animal sounds associated with this entry.

It's a Merry World. (teaser)

It's a Merry World. (teaser)
    A Wise Man will recognize this.

Nothing exciting to report this weekend as I resisted a Stella run even though they have new Commonwealth and Incendiary.

I'm trying to drink off some old stock. Stouts keep or improve with age I'm told. But my experience keeps telling me that many beers (even other than IPA's) are better fresher. This weekend I had an old Bhavana Schism and old Bhavana Rosette. The Schism was nowhere near the level it was when I first tried it many, many months ago. The Rosette slowly erupted like a volcano all over the island. Beergoddess - "You're cleaning that up." The cleaning wasn't as bad as the beer. It was fine - but slow sipper, big beer and I think lost something with age.

But good progress is being made on slowly reducing inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Nothing exciting to report this weekend as I resisted a Stella run even though they have new Commonwealth and Incendiary.

I'm trying to drink off some old stock. Stouts keep or improve with age I'm told. But my experience keeps telling me that many beers (even other than IPA's) are better fresher. This weekend I had an old Bhavana Schism and old Bhavana Rosette. The Schism was nowhere near the level it was when I first tried it many, many months ago. The Rosette slowly erupted like a volcano all over the island. Beergoddess - "You're cleaning that up." The cleaning wasn't as bad as the beer. It was fine - but slow sipper, big beer and I think lost something with age.

But good progress is being made on slowly reducing inventory.
    IPAs are indeed betterer if fresherer.

I'd bet if you had called amusedcupcake, she would've help you clean up that beer. Her husband mighta helped, too, likely with a straw .

BBA Merry World Breakfast Stout-Wise Man Brewing

From Untappd:

"The release of our Breakfast Stout aged for 6 months in bourbon barrels means that we’re all living in a more merry world. Delectable malts, Krankies' roast, Black Mountain Chocolate, and the lingering touch of Buffalo Trace combine to form one of our warmest, richest, and most endlessly inviting brews. What a merry year it has been!"

From Untappd:

"The release of our Breakfast Stout aged for 6 months in bourbon barrels means that we’re all living in a more merry world. Delectable malts, Krankies' roast, Black Mountain Chocolate, and the lingering touch of Buffalo Trace combine to form one of our warmest, richest, and most endlessly inviting brews. What a merry year it has been!"
    I usually love this, but this year's BBA version didn't do it for me. It was good, but not what I remembered. The base version of Merry World is always awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by amusedcupcake View Post
    I usually love this, but this year's BBA version didn't do it for me. It was good, but not what I remembered. The base version of Merry World is always awesome!
    Wow! You're really diversifying your tastes; first IPAs and now imperial stouts. Ymm, Beer does indeed challenge and edjumacate its participants.

Never had the base version. Review of the BBA version after a 45 minute "contribution" to the Fitness Thread. No nonsense.

I had a SoPines Prioress milk stout on draft this weekend. It was terrific. I don’t *think* it was on nitro, but it totally could have been. Good, good stuff.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Wow! You're really diversifying your tastes; first IPAs and now imperial stouts. Ymm, Beer does indeed challenge and edjumacate its participants.

Never had the base version. Review of the BBA version after a 45 minute "contribution" to the Fitness Thread. No nonsense.
    I haven’t had this year’s BBA version, but agree that the base version is really good.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I had a SoPines Prioress milk stout on draft this weekend. It was terrific. I don’t *think* it was on nitro, but it totally could have been. Good, good stuff.
    Seen but never sipped.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." JRR Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Still stunned by how smooth that Dark Lord drinks at that gravity level.
    DL '17 is a very good vintage, I still have 2-3 tucked away in the cellar. Splitting a bomber over the course of two days probably makes you appreciate the flavors even more... As I've detailed previously, Dark Lord tends to lose it's smoothness around the 80 ounce mark unless you drink a couple of gallons of water throughout the day.

Finally:

Merry World-Wise Man Brewing (aka WMB )

Close enough for local

Credit-trader from RJ199; thanks!
    Style-BBA breakfast stout
    Format-12 ounce can ($5)
    Canned-01/20/21 09:24:32
    Stemware-why, a Stella snifter, of course
    Appearance-dark brown; smallish tan head
    Nose-java, milk chocolate
    Mouthfeel-a bit thin
    Tastes-coffee, milk chocolate, dark caramel, hints of Buffalo Trace
    Adjuncts-Black Mountain chocolate, Krankies roast
    IBU-40
    ABV-8.2%
    Overall impression-a good brew but the Coffee Infused BBA Sexual Chocolate is better taste and value wise at $3/12 ounce can at Wegmans in Raleigh
    Ymm, Beer rating-high cat 2; it's a very good beer but a bit thin on the palate with lower ABV than Sexual Chocolate and more spendy

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    DL '17 is a very good vintage, I still have 2-3 tucked away in the cellar. Splitting a bomber over the course of two days probably makes you appreciate the flavors even more... As I've detailed previously, Dark Lord tends to lose it's smoothness around the 80 ounce mark unless you drink a couple of gallons of water throughout the day.

Damn funny stuff. Doesn't make me put "physical presence at Dark Lord Day" on my wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post

I've got a 2017 and a 2018 and a couple variants I can't remember that I'm saving for special occasions. (no, breakfast is *not* a special occasion)

The original:

Climb The Ballmer Peak (Batch 1)-Equilibrium Brewery (Collaboration with Trillium Brewing Company)

Disclaimer-I've not had this; it's a teaser.

The original:

Climb The Ballmer Peak (Batch 1)-Equilibrium Brewery (Collaboration with Trillium Brewing Company)

Disclaimer-I've not had this; it's a teaser.
    The story-from Untappd:

"The Ballmer Peak - Steve Ballmer of Microsoft discovered a correlation between cognitive ability, creativity, problem solving, and performance after you indulge in an alcohol beverage and are in the 0.129% - 0.138% BAC range. This sweet spot is known as the Ballmer Peak. When we had the pleasure of having JC from Trillium here, we talked about how much we loved the Ballmer Peak collaboration we brewed in Canton in back in 2019 (possibly mid-peak). Keeping the recipe similar, we wanted to revisit the beer that helped form precious moments, enhanced BBQ recipes, friendships, and of course delicious recipes. To help you obtain this experience, we will help you Climb the Ballmer Peak.

Climb The Ballmer Peak uses our Super Fractal base and fermentation and is hopped exclusively with Citra. This TIPA pours an opaque bright orange and has an intense juice forward aroma of Mango, Passionfruit, Pineapple, and Rainbow Melon. We don’t know exactly what rainbow melon is, but we want to stay true to our emotional responses that occur while we Climb the Ballmer peak. Flavors and bright notes of deep navel orange, passionfruit, grapefruit and lime go along with a touch of berry and lychee. The EQ juice profile is extreme, and this beer can easily pass as a juice drink, although reaching your Ballmer Peak after just a few sips may say otherwise."