Page 1836 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 836133617361786182618341835183618371838184618861936 ... LastLast
Results 36,701 to 36,720 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    And the creek don’t rise. Which is a real risk around here this weekend.
    Uh-oh, an ominous weather reference.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Shaping up to be a Dark Lord 2017 kind of day.
    I've still not popped open any of mine. At 15%, that's about a two night beer for me.

Still hoping/waiting for a report from Nepos about all those New Anthem beers we conned, err, tempted him/her into trying a few weeks ago. I hope we did not lead astray.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Still hoping/waiting for a report from Nepos about all those New Anthem beers we conned, err, tempted him/her into trying a few weeks ago. I hope we did not lead astray.
    He was pleased with the two NA four packs that he purchased and consumed across two weekends (alas, they did not offer singles to take advantage of all varieties available then). He agreed with the post at the time which suggested they belong in the second tier of IPA purveyors in NC, just a notch below Burial and Casita, but as solid as any others. Thanks for the nudge and recs from people here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    He was pleased with the two NA four packs that he purchased and consumed across two weekends (alas, they did not offer singles to take advantage of all varieties available then). He agreed with the post at the time which suggested they belong in the second tier of IPA purveyors in NC, just a notch below Burial and Casita, but as solid as any others. Thanks for the nudge and recs from people here.
    Thanks!!

NA does brew many different varieties/styles, without repeating many, with a fairly heavy concentration of IPAs, IIPAs and NEIPAs. Glad we could "nudge."

From last PM:

Tefnut Pineapple Whip Orange Swirl-The Veil Brewing Company in collaboration with Omnipollo

Semi-local

Credit-Nrrrrvous; thanks!!
    Style-fruited imperial gose
    Format-pint can, shared with our son
    Stemware-snifters
    Appearance-Ocean Spray citrus juice cocktail
    Nose-about as expected from the appearance
    Mouthfeel-slightly watery juice cocktail
    Tastes-amazing tangerine, OJ, vanilla, pinch of salt and a slightly sweet, pineapple finish
    Adjuncts-tangerine, pineapple, OJ, non dairy vanilla soft serve, vanilla salt and Madagascar vanilla beans
    IBU-less than 10
    ABV-10% (beer smoothie)
    Vitamin C content-not given
    Overall impression-Not. Beer. A fabulous, heavily fruited gose that'd make a great breakfast drink/cocktail
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid cat 3; delicious; happy to have 2 more and some more of a different variant or two sequestered in RVA

What is a tefnut? Always learing something new on Ymm, Beer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tefnut

"Tefnut is a deity of moisture, moist air, dew and rain in Ancient Egyptian religion."

Omnipollo-Sundbybergs kommun, Stockholms län Sweden

More edjumacation:

"Omnipollo is an award winning brewery that was founded in 2011 by Henok Fentie and Karl Grandin. We conceive our recipes at home and travel to different breweries across the globe to craft our ales. Our ambition is to change the perception of beer — forever."

This Tefnut was prettier than last night's:

bb623f33055b42b3bf83adfe35a6ad6b_640x640.jpg

This Tefnut recipe sounds a bit unusual given the bolded parts:

"Imperial Gose in collaboration with Omnipollo brewed with incredible amounts of blackberries, black currants, activated charcoal, and black lava salt. For each version of Tefnut we put our heads together with @omnipollo to reimagine what a fruit beer can be via new processes and fruit volumes. Tastes like triple berry cobbler, smashed/pitted cherries, black currant cordial, sour red lifesavers, and berry compote."

"Our latest Tefnut is brewed with loads of raspberries, peanut butter, vanilla and lactose sugar. Conceived together with our dear friends at The Veil in Virginia."

"Our latest Tefnut is brewed with loads of raspberries, peanut butter, vanilla and lactose sugar. Conceived together with our dear friends at The Veil in Virginia."
    Apologies in advance:

Ha! See what I did there?

A quickly composed take:

(1) Foothills Sexual Chocolate Imperial Stout: dd is correct; this is the flagship of 336 beers, and has been for a decade or so.

(2) Foothills People's Porter: really good in its "standard" iteration, and terrific in its BBA version, Cherry version, and Moravian version. (I know that's technically four beers; sue me.)

(3)Foothills Hoppyum: As ubiquitous an IPA as you'll find in the Triad, but a tasty never-miss.

(4) Wise Man Brewing Conceited Genius 2.0 NE IPA: Because that's me!

(5) Wise Man Brewing Body Electric: I like this better than Mountain Calling, and it has become almost as widely available as Hoppyum.

(6) Incendiary Dragon with Matches Belgian Quadrupel: A new comer, but a fantastic beer.
    Great List. I'll say that Foothills has an advantage with a list like this in the 336 because they focus almost exclusively on making the same, outstanding bestselling beers. Wiseman is constantly releasing new outstanding beers, and Incendiary is making some really good dark beers (eg Shade of Lies, Caramel Salter Porter, Our Darkest Days, Dragon with matches, etc.). There are exceptions - Foothills Craft hoppiness series are great and different.

In No Particular Order, I'll say:

1. Foothills Sexual Chocolate
    2. Foothills People's Porter (and the legendary Cherry Variant I've yet to find before sell-out).
    3. Red Oak Amber Lager
    4. Foothills Jade IPA (better on draft)
    5. Incendiary Dragon with Matches

Honorable Mentions: Foothills Hoppyum and Foothills Festival Express

It's not just for dessert any more:

bf1528f9098d9e8957404c6464bb08a9_640x640.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I am please to announce that a host has stepped forward for this months virtual beer pub. I am indebted to OPK who will be hosting. Since he has, I believe, hosted before he is now back by popular demand.

Thank you, OPK, for agreeing to be the host.
    Fantastic news! Already looking forward

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Great List. I'll say that Foothills has an advantage with a list like this in the 336 because they focus almost exclusively on making the same, outstanding bestselling beers. Wiseman is constantly releasing new outstanding beers, and Incendiary is making some really good dark beers (eg Shade of Lies, Caramel Salter Porter, Our Darkest Days, Dragon with matches, etc.). There are exceptions - Foothills Craft hoppiness series are great and different.

2. Foothills People's Porter (and the legendary Cherry Variant I've yet to find before sell-out).
    3. Red Oak Amber Lager

BTW, RJ199, the family beer mule was highly impressed and appreciative of the Shade of Lies for his mule-ing effort and shared one of the bottles with our son who was equally amazed so a hearty "thanks" from both of them.

It's not just for dessert any more:

bf1528f9098d9e8957404c6464bb08a9_640x640.jpg
    In case the print on the can is unreadable:

"Imperial stout brewed with a hefty amount of roasted malts. Conditioned atop in-house made cold brew espresso roast, maple syrup, and cinnamon chips."

Speaking of good ones - I saw Stella just got some more New Anthem - The Amen Break.

I'm also working on emptying stock before buying more, but that one is worth trying and available again

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post

3. Red Oak Amber Lager

I'd love to see amusedcupcake's list for 336, amusedcupcake's list for Asheville, MtnDevil's list for Asheville, accfan's list for RVA, fuse's list for RDU along with any others.

Great post idea