Page 1828 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 828132817281778181818261827182818291830183818781928 ... LastLast
Results 36,541 to 36,560 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Dystopian Hellscape seems like a good choice for a beer now.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Might have to move on from the Dystopian Hellscape to something really bitter and high ABV.

Appropriate:

round-bitterv.jpg

From last PM:

Soft Serv-South Street Brewing

Local for the RVA beer mules.

Credit-accfan bought/traded and Nrrrrvous delivered so double thanks
    Style-BBA imperial ice cream porter
    Format-12 ounce bottle
    Stemware-snifter
    Appearance-clean, dark brown; no head
    Nose-caramel and bourbon
    Mouthfeel-almost creamy
    Tastes-dark caramel, bourbon, dark cream , bourbon, milk chocolate
    Adjuncts-lactose, vanilla, cacao nibs
    IBU-20
    ABV-9.05%
    Overall impression-a fun enjoyable dessert beer; happy to have enjoyed last PM because it wouldn't have been so much fun tonight
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; happy to have received a 2nd bottle as a trader

7c24f6790f4a2789428ff07cbd44e3c8_640x640.jpg

But it doesn't look like ice cream.

Wandering a bit, but hey, since when do thread titles/topics matter much:

round-rose.jpg

Plus, there's no Ymm, Cider thread.

Whaaaa? More cider? That's ok, it's for Valentine's Day (and I don't mean the tv ref)

round-downeast.jpg

Summit DIPA - Ardent - 8% - IBU-7 - showcasing first harvest of Nelson Sauvin hops from local farmers in New Zealand

Clearish golden. Tangerine and pine on the nose. Big, citrusy, peachy West-Coast flavor with Fresh Nelson Sauvin lingering on the finish. Soft feel.

Highest Category 2 - I loved and really enjoyed this one. It's a superb beer. Thanks accfan!

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Summit DIPA - Ardent - 8% - IBU-7 - showcasing first harvest of Nelson Sauvin hops from local farmers in New Zealand

Clearish golden. Tangerine and pine on the nose. Big, citrusy, peachy West-Coast flavor with Fresh Nelson Sauvin lingering on the finish. Soft feel.

Highest Category 2 - I loved and really enjoyed this one. It's a superb beer. Thanks accfan!
    Glad I could mule that to you. I'll still never never gonna gonna believe the IBUs are 7 .

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Glad I could mule that to you. I'll still never never gonna gonna believe the IBUs are 7 .
    Glad you could too. So much appreciated!

After drinking that beer it's clear to me that I have no idea what an IBU is. It was smooth, but I thought it had plenty of IPA hops bitterness in a good way.

Dystopian Hellscape-The Answer Brewpub

Local for an RVA guy.

Credit-Nrrrrvous; thanks!!
    Style-amber ale
    Format-pint can
    Glass-standard pint glass
    Appearance-clean, amber; moderate, light tan head
    Nose-caramel
    Mouthfeel-soft
    Tastes-dark caramel, earthy grains, dark honey, toasted biscuits and a bit more hoppy bite than anticipated
    IBU-maybe 20
    ABV-6%
    Overall impression-solid beverage with brisket chili; good name for this afternoon's/evening's game
    Ymm, Beer rating-top tier cat 2; well-brewed

After drinking that beer it's clear to me that I have no idea what an IBU is. It was smooth, but I thought it had plenty of IPA hops bitterness in a good way.
    What Bell's Brewery says:

https://help.bellsbeer.com/hc/en-us/...y-Bell-s-beer-

"While IBU information can be very useful for home brewing a clone recipe, it does not always tell the entire story. We choose not to include this info because of the difference between absolute and perceived bitterness."

What Bell's Brewery says:

https://help.bellsbeer.com/hc/en-us/...y-Bell-s-beer-

"While IBU information can be very useful for home brewing a clone recipe, it does not always tell the entire story. We choose not to include this info because of the difference between absolute and perceived bitterness."
    More beer edjumacation for all of us.

Can't figure out why all these beer ads continue to appear at various times on some web pages.

Very few shopping days left until Valentine's Day:

https://beeralien.com/sip-with-your-...entines-beers/

Very few shopping days left until Valentine's Day:

https://beeralien.com/sip-with-your-...entines-beers/
    First listed:

2e33879f78f3c073b36f7f63443812e0_640x640.jpg

Sure, why not, on name alone:

445ad3a0e673ef7e7dd6fba757519fc4_640x640.jpg

Millions and millions of peaches for your favorite Valentine:

2d4d0e3a72e864bd5cf00f87a8a89938_640x640.jpg

Dystopian Hellscape seems like a good choice for a beer now.

2020 Fear.jpg

I Fear (11.1% ABV Cognac BA Porter - New Holland Brewing) as though my absence from DBR has been to blame for this season thus far... My last post was back in August, so let's mark this evening where all hope is seemingly lost as the turning point for this scrappy, inconsistent squad who has lost 7 of our 8 games by a touchdown or less. It's unfair to expect our boys to excel in a season that ends in Indianapolis without the consistent written support from part of the Indiana delegation, and for that I apologize.

Walk with me while I Notredamis some positivity into existence:
    - Narrow win at NC State; the guys are too young to remember that PNC Arena is a house of horrors for us.
    - Big win at Wake. D and O finally are firing together.
    - 7 point win against the Hoos. Jalen is able to have the best game of his season, lifting us as Virgina has an off night from the free throw line.
    - Let down loss against Jim and the Orange. The glimmer of hope from the media after Virginia is dashed.
    - Shootout win against the Louisville. Matty Ice seals the game with a 4 point play, getting Jae'lyn Withers to leave his feet with his deadly pump fake but then actually remembering to draw the foul.
    - Tech makes it closer than last time, but still a 10 point win for the good guys.
    - Revenge in Chapel Hell, Goldwire gloves Caleb, DJ and Wendell slash the paint all night, and Mark Williams emerges as a legit banger down low to keep Garrison and the Hair UnicornTM from getting as many touches in the block.

Regular season finish of 13-9 (11-7 ACC), earning the 7 seed and opening round bye.
    - Comfortable win against #10 seed ND, who despite firing on all cylinders on February 9th fizzled down the stretch.
    - Come from behind thriller against Va Tech, who outduels FSU the rest of the reg season to claim the #2 seed.
    - Rubber match game against the Cheats. Both teams look terrible throughout, but a key call goes our way in the waning seconds and the Rams Club hires a hitman on Teddy Valentine.
    - This is the big one. Win and we're in. Seth Greenburg talks all pre-game about how if we lose and somehow the committee puts us in, it's a complete farce and that he's boycotting the tourney. K shows him why he's the GOAT and Seth is a talking head. 71-58 win against the Hoos.

Despite winning the ACC, we get a rough draw and end up as the 8 seed in a stacked Midwest that has B1G champ Michigan as #1.
    - We sneak through the #9 seed VCU rams, despite the pundits drawing parallels to 2007 ad nauseam all week.
    - Shock the world taking down Michigan, playing our best game of the season in a game that Jalen plays his way into high-lottery talk.
    - We beat the doors off a previously red-hot OK State team who many had as a sleeper Final Four team as the #4 seed.
    - Mac and the #2 seed Red Raiders provide some "One Shining Moment" highlight clips, but ultimately fall as we shoot 70% from 3 while dominating the offensive glass.

With his 15th FF appearance, comparisons are drawn to TB12 and K as the seemingly inevitable sports figures that no matter what happens just can't counted out.
    - Jon conjures some '10 magic and Jared Butler tweaks a hammy, allowing us to beat South Region #1 Baylor that turns after a 50/50 charge call goes our way.
    - Mark Few was so close. This was his year. The Blue Bloods were dead. The Zags were experienced, playing in a shortened year and one game away from joining the '76 Hoosiers. 2 kids from Chicago said, "Not today." DJ has the game of his life, gets named the Final Four MOP. K wins his 6th. Bail money is raised as 6 of the DBR faithful are arrested for masked public intoxication in the parking lot of Lucas Oil Stadium. Not one 9f is given. Order has been restored.

Never give up. Never surrender. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    2020 Fear.jpg

I Fear (11.1% ABV Cognac BA Porter - New Holland Brewing) as though my absence from DBR has been to blame for this season thus far... My last post was back in August, so let's mark this evening where all hope is seemingly lost as the turning point for this scrappy, inconsistent squad who has lost 7 of our 8 games by a touchdown or less. It's unfair to expect our boys to excel in a season that ends in Indianapolis without the consistent written support from part of the Indiana delegation, and for that I apologize.

Walk with me while I Notredamis some positivity into existence:
    - Narrow win at NC State; the guys are too young to remember that PNC Arena is a house of horrors for us.
    - Big win at Wake. D and O finally are firing together.
    - 7 point win against the Hoos. Jalen is able to have the best game of his season, lifting us as Virgina has an off night from the free throw line.
    - Let down loss against Jim and the Orange. The glimmer of hope from the media after Virginia is dashed.
    - Shootout win against the Louisville. Matty Ice seals the game with a 4 point play, getting Jae'lyn Withers to leave his feet with his deadly pump fake but then actually remembering to draw the foul.
    - Tech makes it closer than last time, but still a 10 point win for the good guys.
    - Revenge in Chapel Hell, Goldwire gloves Caleb, DJ and Wendell slash the paint all night, and Mark Williams emerges as a legit banger down low to keep Garrison and the Hair UnicornTM from getting as many touches in the block.

Regular season finish of 13-9 (11-7 ACC), earning the 7 seed and opening round bye.
    - Comfortable win against #10 seed ND, who despite firing on all cylinders on February 9th fizzled down the stretch.
    - Come from behind thriller against Va Tech, who outduels FSU the rest of the reg season to claim the #2 seed.
    - Rubber match game against the Cheats. Both teams look terrible throughout, but a key call goes our way in the waning seconds and the Rams Club hires a hitman on Teddy Valentine.
    - This is the big one. Win and we're in. Seth Greenburg talks all pre-game about how if we lose and somehow the committee puts us in, it's a complete farce and that he's boycotting the tourney. K shows him why he's the GOAT and Seth is a talking head. 71-58 win against the Hoos.

Despite winning the ACC, we get a rough draw and end up as the 8 seed in a stacked Midwest that has B1G champ Michigan as #1.
    - We sneak through the #9 seed VCU rams, despite the pundits drawing parallels to 2007 ad nauseam all week.
    - Shock the world taking down Michigan, playing our best game of the season in a game that Jalen plays his way into high-lottery talk.
    - We beat the doors off a previously red-hot OK State team who many had as a sleeper Final Four team as the #4 seed.
    - Mac and the #2 seed Red Raiders provide some "One Shining Moment" highlight clips, but ultimately fall as we shoot 70% from 3 while dominating the offensive glass.

With his 15th FF appearance, comparisons are drawn to TB12 and K as the seemingly inevitable sports figures that no matter what happens just can't counted out.
    - Jon conjures some '10 magic and Jared Butler tweaks a hammy, allowing us to beat South Region #1 Baylor that turns after a 50/50 charge call goes our way.
    - Mark Few was so close. This was his year. The Blue Bloods were dead. The Zags were experienced, playing in a shortened year and one game away from joining the '76 Hoosiers. 2 kids from Chicago said, "Not today." DJ has the game of his life, gets named the Final Four MOP. K wins his 6th. Bail money is raised as 6 of the DBR faithful are arrested for masked public intoxication in the parking lot of Lucas Oil Stadium. Not one 9f is given. Order has been restored.

Never give up. Never surrender. GTHC.
    Whatever beer gave you all that hope couldn't have been the 5th one, that only makes you fearless and handsome...I'm thinking the 15th one. That's a hell of a beer and a hell of a prediction.