Page 1808 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 808130817081758179818061807180818091810181818581908 ... LastLast
Results 36,141 to 36,160 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Tequila barrel aging and Mekang cinnamon.
    Ahh, yes. Even with the peppers, that sounded like an outstanding combination with the barrel-aging, spices, and fruit/rind.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Final old review of The Abyss. Promise. Maybe.

"The Abyss (released 12/17/15) -Deschutes Brewery

Fuse mentioned a while ago that he felt intimidated by reviewing a legendary beer and that's how I feel about this one. I've heard about it for 5 years, maybe more, but never had the chance to purchase until this month, getting a nice shipment from a store in the midwest and I divided a bomber over the last 3 nights and sipped each sampling at cellar temperatures over 30-45 minutes each, thereby allowing them to warm a bit more during the tasting.

It's an imperial stout that is 21% aged in oak bourbon barrels, 8% in oak barrels and 21% in oak wine (pinot noir) barrels. Poured almost pitch black into an Allagash 250 ml tulip with a creamy, tan head that lingered longer than I would have expected. Rich aromas of heavily roasted malts, espresso, dark chocolate, dried dark fruits, red wine and a whiff of whiskey. Tastes as complex as the aromas, if not more so, with oak/wood, less espresso than expected (none added), black strap molasses (added), black licorice (added), blackberries, tannins, prominent vinous notes with a very subtle bourbon finish. Vanilla is also an ingredient but I missed that taste. No way I'd have thought 86 IBUs but their website states this and the ABV is a dangerous 12.2%. I'm not a licorice fan but this was extremely well done and balanced and not over-powering as I recall Uinta's Labyrinth was 2-3 years ago. Another very decadent concoction. The stamp on the label states "Best After: 12/08/16" but I couldn't wait another 7-8 months on this one. Luckily, I still have 11 more bombers..."

From Friday night, shared 3 ways:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...g?v=1611238903

I went to get a Fullsteam First Frost tonight and it was gone...

Mrs. Nrrrrvous says it was reeaallly good. Highly recommend it!

I think that's about the extent of "our" review of that one.

I would be angry but, you know, it's beer. I would do the same I'm sure.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

80252A8D-4690-41F8-A558-FC5D7338FCA7.jpg

Going with a TIPA from Burial tonight.

Vera says she approves.

Liturgy for the Forever Silenced - 10%

First few sips are delicious!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Tefnut Pineapple Whip Orange Swirl - The Veil collab with Omnipollo - 10%

It pours like thick creamy pineapple-orange juice. The aroma is gorgeous, intense fresh-squeezed tangerine, pineapple, and orange juice.

There is a lot going on with the flavors. This is a brilliant beer. It really does taste like a delicious tangerine vanilla soft-served dreamsicle. I've had many beers who claimed to taste like a dreamsicle. This one does. It's too sweet for a beer (which means beergoddess is going to love it). I love it too, and so happy to have 3 more. And we already know that Veil isn't beer anyway. But it's brilliant. The alcohol is well-hidden by that sweetness.

It's like a creamy, juicy mimosa feel and would pair extremely well with brunch or breakfast food.

Thanks Nrrrvous!

Category 3
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 01-31-2021 at 05:45 PM.

Apple Ale 2020 - New Glarus - 4%

It pours the color of apple juice with minimal head.

I'm going to be honest. This beer was much better than I was expecting. I'm normally just not a huge fan of ciders. This is not a cider.

Fresh squeezed apple juice on the nose. Yep. And you have no idea how pure the fresh apple taste comes through in this beer. It's perfectly balanced with malt. It drinks refreshing and smooth. The uber-fresh apple taste is like every orchard-fresh apple that's good combined into one. It has a sweet note of an apple flavor, but the beer is not too sweet at all.

I'll never doubt New Glarus again. They are the king of national fruit beers for a reason.

Category 3

Thanks devildeac and to the whole devildeac clan!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    The orrrriginal Satan's Pony is a very solid amber ale. The BBA version is superb. Maybe he or accfan can hook you up with Soft Serv their BBA Imperial Ice Cream Porter some time. Ymm, Beer indeed.
    They already have. It’s in the queue (and not the one accfan stole from RJ ).
    Ask and ye shall receive.

South Street Soft Serv porter is an amazing dessert beer. Super-duper smooth. Loads of vanilla. The coffee is subtle. Wishing I had a scoop of ice cream to toss into this. So good, it almost makes me Nrrrrvous (to whom I owe thanks)!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I went to get a Fullsteam First Frost tonight and it was gone...

Mrs. Nrrrrvous says it was reeaallly good. Highly recommend it!

I think that's about the extent of "our" review of that one.

I would be angry but, you know, it's beer. I would do the same I'm sure.
    24.gif

I think Mrs. Nrrrrvous needs to join Ymm, Beer with some clever screen name.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    80252A8D-4690-41F8-A558-FC5D7338FCA7.jpg

Going with a TIPA from Burial tonight.

Vera says she approves.

Liturgy for the Forever Silenced - 10%

First few sips are delicious!
    I'm really looking forward to RJ199's review (hoping it doesn't end up in the recycle bin ) and my own tasting as well. I believe accfan got can #4. At 10% however, it might be a "light" beer for him.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Tefnut Pineapple Whip Orange Swirl - The Veil collab with Omnipollo - 10%

It pours like thick creamy pineapple-orange juice. The aroma is gorgeous, intense fresh-squeezed tangerine, pineapple, and orange juice.

There is a lot going on with the flavors. This is a brilliant beer. It really does taste like a delicious tangerine vanilla soft-served dreamsicle. I've had many beers who claimed to taste like a dreamsicle. This one does. It's too sweet for a beer (which means beergoddess is going to love it). I love it too, and so happy to have 3 more. And we already know that Veil isn't beer anyway. But it's brilliant. The alcohol is well-hidden by that sweetness.

It's like a creamy, juicy mimosa feel and would pair extremely well with brunch or breakfast food.

Thanks Nrrrvous!

Category 3
    One of these went to Ohio with our son and Nrrrrvous gifted one to our younger son-in-law for his WI-IL-NC-VA beer mule-ing. Looking forward to my remaining 3 cans.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Apple Ale 2020 - New Glarus - 4%

It pours the color of apple juice with minimal head.

I'm going to be honest. This beer was much better than I was expecting. I'm normally just not a huge fan of ciders. This is not a cider.

Fresh squeezed apple juice on the nose. Yep. And you have no idea how pure the fresh apple taste comes through in this beer. It's perfectly balanced with malt. It drinks refreshing and smooth. The uber-fresh apple taste is like every orchard-fresh apple that's good combined into one. It has a sweet note of an apple flavor, but the beer is not too sweet at all.

I'll never doubt New Glarus again. They are the king of national fruit beers for a reason.

Category 3

Thanks devildeac and to the whole devildeac clan!
    You're most welcome! What did the beergoddess think of this one?

Our son was less impressed with his saying it didn't hold a candle to the Raspberry Tart and the Belgian Red. I told him that's why the Apple Ale was *only* #7 on beeradvocate's top 100 fruit beers.

Ask and ye shall receive.

South Street Soft Serv porter is an amazing dessert beer. Super-duper smooth. Loads of vanilla. The coffee is subtle. Wishing I had a scoop of ice cream to toss into this. So good, it almost makes me Nrrrrvous (to whom I owe thanks)!
    At 9.01% ABV (or was that one 9.05%? ), I'll bet you were less Nrrrrvous after finishing it.

For lunch today I had...

No beer.

At 9.01% ABV (or was that one 9.05%? ), I'll bet you were less Nrrrrvous after finishing it.
    Indeed. More like handsome & fearless.

Indeed. More like handsome & fearless.
    Wait, how many beers did you have?

Wait, how many beers did you have?

Just two. There *might* have been some Chardonnay in between, though.

Just two. There *might* have been some Chardonnay in between, though.
    A day late and 13-14% ABV short for VP.

Crimson Velvet-Haw River Farmhouse Ales

Might be a repeat.

Remains a very interesting combination of IIPA and fruit. Two left; one will go to Ohio end of next week to replace a can our son claims had "turned." The other I'll drink on Valentine's Day because it's red.

Wait, you have his email? That's a high honor/connection itself.
    It's badass@dukebball.com, isn't it?