Page 1802 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 802130217021752179218001801180218031804181218521902 ... LastLast
Results 36,021 to 36,040 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Sipping, err, slipping into The Abyss tonight.
    I found the 2019 Reserve version when shopping for VP. Not sure when I'll get to it or my other higher ABV selections. Been a hectic week at work with late nights.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    I enjoyed this for dessert a few nights ago:

Crust Fall
    Peach Berry Pie Sour
    Boulevard - collaboration with Rhinegeist (Cincinnati, OH)
    Style - Imperial Berliner-Style Weisse Ale with additions of peach, blackberry, blueberry, and vanilla.
    Malts: Pale malt, wheat malt, honey malt, Dingeman’s Biscuit Malt
    Hops: Columbus
    Additionally: Peaches, blackberries, blueberries and vanilla

"This Peach Berry Pie Sour tastes and smells like…wait for it…a fresh-baked pie with a filling of peaches and tart berries. Crisp and slightly tart, the beer pours garnet red with a white frothy head. The beer opens with aromas of freshly sliced peaches followed by waves of juicy berry aroma and flavor. On the back end of each sip there is a lingering presence of toasted pie crust, a flavor we create using both honey malt and biscuit malt."

Poured a brownish orange, but the red came through under different light. Lots of peach aroma and flavor with a bit of tartness. Did not get any of the toasted pie crust.
    That sounds delicious. Two great breweries.

DinK might even be able to find that one as it's a Boulevard collab and I'd wager a small sum of accfan's beer stash that she'd like it.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I found the 2019 Reserve version when shopping for VP. Not sure when I'll get to it or my other higher ABV selections. Been a hectic week at work with late nights.
    You could drink that this week or cellar it for a year or three and it'd still be good. Be prepared for some licorice notes which smooth out some after a year or two of aging.

Midday advertisement for DinK's VP on Saturday with wine barrel-aged beers as the topic/theme. Three shopping days left.

Midday advertisement for DinK's VP on Saturday with wine barrel-aged beers as the topic/theme. Three shopping days left.
    And you can join in the zoom even if you are drinking something else or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And you can join in the zoom even if you are drinking something else or not at all.
    QFE. All are welcome indeed!!

That sounds delicious. Two great breweries.

DinK might even be able to find that one as it's a Boulevard collab and I'd wager a small sum of accfan's beer stash that she'd like it.
    I read the review and went to their website - it isn't listed.

May have found it.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

May have found it.
    If you have a specialty craft beer store nearby/on your "beaten path," I suppose they could have it stocked without it being listed on Boulevard's website.

May have found it.
    Here it is on their website, though I don't see it in the "beer to go" store. I find that for some releases searching Google for the brewery and beer name will get you to the pages which may no longer be linked directly in the current "our beers" section.
    I purchased it at Spec's, which is a Texas chain, but see it listed on Total Wine as well.

https://www.boulevard.com/2020/09/28/crust-fall/

Here it is on their website, though I don't see it in the "beer to go" store. I find that for some releases searching Google for the brewery and beer name will get you to the pages which may no longer be linked directly in the current "our beers" section.
    I purchased it at Spec's, which is a Texas chain, but see it listed on Total Wine as well.

I was taking the lazy way out - looking for curbside pickup. I am pass the brewery every Tuesday when I go to make a pickup at a client's office.

I was taking the lazy way out - looking for curbside pickup. I am pass the brewery every Tuesday when I go to make a pickup at a client's office.
    You need a less dangerous, err, tempting route.

Gotta love Ymm, Beer for interstate beer-hunting.

Cellar Door #15-Brewery Bhavana

What a surprise reading the label on this beer from the garage fridge and learning it's a Sangiovese barrel-aged Helles lager. More on Saturday.

Cellar Door #15-Brewery Bhavana

What a surprise reading the label on this beer from the garage fridge and learning it's a Sangiovese barrel-aged Helles lager. More on Saturday.
    And yes, I had to research Sangiovese.

https://winefolly.com/deep-dive/guid...%20of%20tomato.

Good stout weather tonight.

Haw River Crimson Velvet Imperial IPA

Thanks to fuse for grabbing me a four-pack. It looks like a Bloody Mary in the glass. A little off-putting for a beer. But major raspberry flavors make up for it. A bit of bite from the Enigma hops. Haw River brews some really, shall we say, “interesting” products. This fits in that category. Executed well, and I’m glad to have three more.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Thanks to fuse for grabbing me a four-pack. It looks like a Bloody Mary in the glass. A little off-putting for a beer. But major raspberry flavors make up for it. A bit of bite from the Enigma hops. Haw River brews some really, shall we say, “interesting” products. This fits in that category. Executed well, and I’m glad to have three more.
    Packs quite a punch, too, at 11% ABV.

Packs quite a punch, too, at 11% ABV.
    Truth
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Ahh, pleasant memories from its release year:

The Abyss (released 12/17/15) -Deschutes Brewery

Fuse mentioned a while ago that he felt intimidated by reviewing a legendary beer and that's how I feel about this one. I've heard about it for 5 years, maybe more, but never had the chance to purchase until this month, getting a nice shipment from a store in the midwest and I divided a bomber over the last 3 nights and sipped each sampling at cellar temperatures over 30-45 minutes each, thereby allowing them to warm a bit more during the tasting.

It's an imperial stout that is 21% aged in oak bourbon barrels, 8% in oak barrels and 21% in oak wine (pinot noir) barrels. Poured almost pitch black into an Allagash 250 ml tulip with a creamy, tan head that lingered longer than I would have expected. Rich aromas of heavily roasted malts, espresso, dark chocolate, dried dark fruits, red wine and a whiff of whiskey. Tastes as complex as the aromas, if not more so, with oak/wood, less espresso than expected (none added), black strap molasses (added), black licorice (added), blackberries, tannins, prominent vinous notes with a very subtle bourbon finish. Vanilla is also an ingredient but I missed that taste. No way I'd have thought 86 IBUs but their website states this and the ABV is a dangerous 12.2%. I'm not a licorice fan but this was extremely well done and balanced and not over-powering as I recall Uinta's Labyrinth was 2-3 years ago. Another very decadent concoction. The stamp on the label states "Best After: 12/08/16" but I couldn't wait another 7-8 months on this one. Luckily, I still have 11 more bombers...

I enjoyed this for dessert a few nights ago:

Crust Fall
    Peach Berry Pie Sour
    Boulevard - collaboration with Rhinegeist (Cincinnati, OH)
    Style - Imperial Berliner-Style Weisse Ale with additions of peach, blackberry, blueberry, and vanilla.
    Malts: Pale malt, wheat malt, honey malt, Dingeman’s Biscuit Malt
    Hops: Columbus
    Additionally: Peaches, blackberries, blueberries and vanilla

"This Peach Berry Pie Sour tastes and smells like…wait for it…a fresh-baked pie with a filling of peaches and tart berries. Crisp and slightly tart, the beer pours garnet red with a white frothy head. The beer opens with aromas of freshly sliced peaches followed by waves of juicy berry aroma and flavor. On the back end of each sip there is a lingering presence of toasted pie crust, a flavor we create using both honey malt and biscuit malt."

Poured a brownish orange, but the red came through under different light. Lots of peach aroma and flavor with a bit of tartness. Did not get any of the toasted pie crust.
    Fun review!