Page 1798 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 798129816981748178817961797179817991800180818481898 ... LastLast
Results 35,941 to 35,960 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Found a few more recent InBev acquisitions:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craft_...liance#Redhook

"Redhook was founded in the early 1980s in Seattle. At first, the brewery was a small shop in the Seattle neighborhood of Ballard. The beers brewed by Redhook include ESB, IPA, Pilsner, Copperhook, and seasonal brews."
    I've never had an Omission beverage.

"The company's Omission beer is designed to have low gluten content by using a proprietary enzyme to remove gluten from traditional beer ingredients - namely malted barley."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

"Redhook was founded in the early 1980s in Seattle. At first, the brewery was a small shop in the Seattle neighborhood of Ballard. The beers brewed by Redhook include ESB, IPA, Pilsner, Copperhook, and seasonal brews."
    "Square Mile Cider Company-Launched in 2013, there are two primary products under this brand - "The Original" which is a traditional hard apple cider; and "Spur & Vine", which is a "hopped apple cider."

Because there is no Ymm, Cider thread.

I don't have the program to prove it, but I *may* have seen Zero Mostel as Tevye on Broadway as a high school graduation present. I was too young and dumb to be aware of things like that back then. (Now, I'm too old and...)
    Very cool! I saw Yul Brynner as the King here in KC. I have no idea who else was in the production - I only cared about Yul Brynner.

Bruetopian Series Edinbrue: Scotch Ale Aged In Cabernet Sauvignon Barrels With Brettanomyces-Brüeprint Brewing Company

28a20822b3334dd481ae2c44063f239d_640x640.jpg

Bruetopian Series Edinbrue: Scotch Ale Aged In Cabernet Sauvignon Barrels With Brettanomyces-Brüeprint Brewing Company

28a20822b3334dd481ae2c44063f239d_640x640.jpg
    You'll have to tune back in Saturday for a complete review but it did meet DinK's criteria of a wine barrel-aged beer and was rather delicious.

Another one closer to home and somewhat surprising:

"On December 2, 2014, CBA entered into a strategic partnership agreement with Boone, NC-based Appalachian Mountain Brewery (AMB).[16] As part of the partnership, CBA acted as "master distributor" for AMB, allowing their products to ship via the Anheuser-Busch InBev distributor network. CBA had taken an undisclosed, minority stake in AMB. On October 10, 2018, CBA announced that it acquired 100% of the AMB brand, brewery, and pub. The transaction closed November 29, 2018."

But wait, there's more to the acquisition frenzy:

"On September 25, 2015, CBA announced a strategic partnership agreement with Nantucket-based Cisco Brewers.[17] As with previous partner, AMB, CBA acted as "master distributor" for AMB, allowing their products to ship via the Anheuser-Busch InBev distributor network. CBA had taken an undisclosed, minority stake in Cisco Brewers. On October 10, 2018, CBA announced that it had acquired 100% of the Cisco intellectual property assets related to its malt beverage products; Cisco's founders continue to own and operate the Cisco Brewers brewpub properties and retail merchandising, including the original brewery and grounds in Nantucket."

Shrugs again; another "who are these folks and why would InBev want this isolated brewery?"

"On December 15, 2016, CBA announced a strategic partnership agreement with Miami, FL-based Wynwood Brewing Co. ("Wynwood"). CBA took a 24.5% stake in Wynwood, valuing the deal at under $30 Million. As with previous partners AMB and Cisco Brewers, CBA acted as "master distributor" for Wynwood, allowing their products to ship via the Anheuser-Busch InBev distributor network. On October 10, 2018, CBA announced that it had acquired the remaining 75.5% of equity in Wynwood, making Wynwood a wholly owned subsidiary of CBA, although Wynwood co-founders Luis Brignoni and his father “Pops” Brignoni would continue to run the operations."

And, from an article in October, 2020, the deal is (alledgedly) complete:

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/20...ance-purchase/

"The world’s largest multinational brewery, AB InBev, has completed its acquisition of the Craft Brew Alliance more than 20 years after the companies became connected."

The last leg of the WI - OH - NC - VA beer run is complete! ACCfanfrom1970 has his supply! No bottles broken, no cans "missing". At least none that I'll ever admit to!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    New Glarus 2016 Cran-bic

Pours like fruit punch.
    Nose definitely picks up sour notes, maybe funny to say, but smells like a cranberry christmas candle.

Assertively tart. Amazing mouthfeel, and overall a brilliant beer.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Cran-bic (2016)-New Glarus Brewing Company

Next of the last of the litter from our September Duke football and midwest beer-cation. I believe I have one Oud Bruin I'm reserving for its one year anniversary this fall.

Perfect beer to share with the return of our daughter and her husband to Raleigh after their 10 day vacation.

Poured three (almost) equal servings into recently purchased champagne flutes. Pink, cloudy and effervescent. Fruity nose with mildly sour/tart, cranberry tastes tickling the taste buds. There's some woody/oaky presence along with a flash of acid/vinegar. Cranberry champagne. I'll guess IBUs of 20 and ABV of 5-6%. Very nice celebration beer. Would be nice with a plate of fruit. New Glarus fruit beer-never a disappointment.
    Enjoyed my first Cran-bic last night. It was a delightful ending to an otherwise non-delightful day.

Absolutely up there with the best fruit beers I've had. I'm a big cranberry juice fan anyway so this was right up my alley.

I can see the Cranberry champagne comparison.

Easy Cat 3. I'm not going to try to rank my fave fruit beers but this was definitely top 5 or so. Next I get to try the Apple Ale!

Thanks dd and family for doing all the work! Hope you enjoy your RVA beers as much as I enjoy these.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

1797 pages of beer on the thread,
    1797 pages of beer.
    Take some down, pass them around,
    1798 pages of beer on the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Enjoyed my first Cran-bic last night. It was a delightful ending to an otherwise non-delightful day.

Absolutely up there with the best fruit beers I've had. I'm a big cranberry juice fan anyway so this was right up my alley.

Easy Cat 3. I'm not going to try to rank my fave fruit beers but this was definitely top 5 or so. Next I get to try the Apple Ale!

Thanks dd and family for doing all the work! Hope you enjoy your RVA beers as much as I enjoy these.
    I love cranberries - I may have to look for this one.

Has anyone heard from fuse?

Don't want to step on his toes if he prefers setting up the VBP. I do have a zoom account so I can set it up - don't know how early you usually share the information.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

Don't want to step on his toes if he prefers setting up the VBP. I do have a zoom account so I can set it up - don't know how early you usually share the information.
    (waiting for dd to post a picture of a beer referencing toe stepping)

The last leg of the WI - OH - NC - VA beer run is complete! ACCfanfrom1970 has his supply! No bottles broken, no cans "missing". At least none that I'll ever admit to!
    And, as of this morning, I now have my supply. (And dd's two mixed four-packs are now with the Jacksons.) Thanks to dd, Nrrrvous, fuse, and RJ for contributing, and to beergoddess for delivering.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

I'll not tell either...

As I texted accfan this am, it's a lot of fun spending other folks beer $$ and then beer mule-ing those purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

Through other communications (Carrier Pigeons?) Fuse has informed me that he will set up the Zoom on Friday and distribute the info. I'll make sure it ends up on here if he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    1797 pages of beer on the thread,
    1797 pages of beer.
    Take some down, pass them around,
    1798 pages of beer on the thread.
    Ha! RJ199 did a countdown one time with 100 bottles of beer on the wall. I like your spirit/count-up better!!

Our monthly Virtual Pub is this Saturday with DukieInKansas hostessing and wine barrel-aged beer is the topic, but any beverages are welcome, with or without alcohol but there may be snickers if you show up with a mega brewery product . Come join us!! She's very likely to have a Zoom session where you can put names with faces (yea, I know, a potentially frightening prospect )