Page 1784 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 784128416841734177417821783178417851786179418341884 ... LastLast
Results 35,661 to 35,680 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I’d put their portfolio of IPA’s against anyone’s.
    They're gonna get a stern test the next couple/three weeks given the assortment of Burial IPAs (single, double and a triple) I purchased on Wednesday.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    They're gonna get a stern test the next couple/three weeks given the assortment of Burial IPAs (single, double and a triple) I purchased on Wednesday.
    I’ll gladly do the definitive blind taste-testing. Just sayin’.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Also, Pints of Love Beer Festival, done virtually, on February 13-14. Looks like an awesome lineup.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKFAnMDn...=13co2jik57q1w

I’ll gladly do the definitive blind taste-testing. Just sayin’.
    Hey, wait a minute, I thought you were an attorney, not a referee...

Hey, wait a minute, I thought you were an attorney, not a referee...
    Sometimes there’s very little difference.

Also, Pints of Love Beer Festival, done virtually, on February 13-14. Looks like an awesome lineup.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKFAnMDn...=13co2jik57q1w
    What a fabulous line-up of breweries! Hmm, maybe the Virtual Pub host for February would choose that weekend...

Sometimes there’s very little difference.
    Foul!! Or, objection!!

The last 3 numbers are: 666.

What a fabulous line-up of breweries! Hmm, maybe the Virtual Pub host for February would choose that weekend...
    Great idea. More deets:

https://www.90secondbeerreview.com/p...-love-festival

Last Caress-New Anthem Beer Project

Close enough for local.

Credit-NABP via an anonymous patient; thanks!!
    Style-NEDIPA
    Format-pint can
    Stemware-boring pint glass
    Appearance-unfiltered tropical fruit juice; generous foamy head
    Nose-pineapple (Mrs. dd thought it smelled great but politely declined a taste )
    Mouthfeel-almost fresh squeezed
    Taste-pineapple, OJ, mango, peach
    Adjuncts-malted oats
    Hops-El Dorado, Amarillo, Citra and Simcoe
    IBU-"no IBU" (source: Untappd )
    ABV-7.9%
    Overall impression-another "touch them all" for New Anthem; worth seeking out
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3 because there are sooooo many in the market here; quite enjoyable

(proofread several times so hopefully no sloppiness)

cb1c873675b74466507a67a518b5abff_640x640.jpg

Time to ponder this one overnight.

I’d put their portfolio of IPA’s against anyone’s.
    As an IPA fan and resident of NC, I appreciate this thought. That said, within the state I would place them in a crowded field below Burial and Casita, and also below Wise Man and Foothills, and perhaps Heist. Out of state, the list is very, very long, and I think NC breweries hold their own in the SE, but are not exactly superstars on the national scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    As an IPA fan and resident of NC, I appreciate this thought. That said, within the state I would place them in a crowded field below Burial and Casita, and also below Wise Man and Foothills, and perhaps Heist. Out of state, the list is very, very long, and I think NC breweries hold their own in the SE, but are not exactly superstars on the national scene.
    Always willing to come to beer with an open mind & not jump to conclusions. That said, you lost me with Foothills. Hoppyum, Jade, Seeing Double, and Festival Express are all solid. Jade is the best of that bunch. But none strikes me as “oh wow!” Their Craft Happiness series has also had some really good ones. But what I have had from New Anthem is a notch above.

Ditto Wise Man, although I’d track down their key lime IPA in a hot minute.

All IMO. YMMV. No right answer. Again, I’m happy to do a blind taste-test to confirm.

Ymm, IPA’s!
    Last edited by Tripping William; 01-16-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Agree w/Burial and Casita although I've fallen behind with some of their releases over the last several months. I bought four 4 packs at Burial on Wednesday (very likely to keep a single of each one and trade the other 3) and think they were very recent releases, two of them perhaps delivered this week. Very much looking forward to tasting them. I'd slot WMB below New Anthem (even though the initials are the same as a "famous" poster here ). Ditto for Foothills. Both breweries I like quite a bit, too. Haven't had enough Heist products to honestly assess, likely no more than 2-3 total. Totally agree w/your assessment of NC breweries and the national scene. Shoot, I'm not sure I could name more than 5 breweries from some of our neighboring states (except for those frequent deliveries/trades/pick-ups from those fine folks in RVA).

My Saturday now has direction and focus: purchase New Anthem IPA for the first time in about a year.

My Saturday now has direction and focus: purchase New Anthem IPA for the first time in about a year.
    Ha! That's why we're all here; to send readers out to the breweries in their town/state and taste their beverages. Last night's brews were from New Anthem (from a patient who has a family member working for NA)) and Ardent (from one of the RVA beer guys) and tonight's will be Fiddlin' Fish (from RJ199 and/or TW) and The Veil (from one of the RVA beer mules).

This is what Ymm Beer the awesomest! We look forward to the reviews.

Public service announcement:

There are now two weeks remaining before DinK hosts the January Virtual Pub with wine barrel-aged beers as the theme. Get those Boone's Farm and/or MD 20-20 containers emptied and pour some of your favorite beers in to let them "age" for 14 days before tasting. ()

Seriously, I'm really anxiously awaiting what folks find for this month's event!

Public service announcement:

There are now two weeks remaining before DinK hosts the January Virtual Pub with wine barrel-aged beers as the theme. Get those Boone's Farm and/or MD 20-20 containers emptied and pour some of your favorite beers in to let them "age" for 14 days before tasting. ()

Seriously, I'm really anxiously awaiting what folks find for this month's event!
    What do I do? My vacuum sealed bottle of MD 20/20 headed to Clemson in this year's white elephant exchange.

If you come across Baal, The Amen Break, or Neon God, those are good New Anthems to try. But there are so many, and you won't go wrong with any. New Anthem has really upped the quality of their IPA's for about the last year. amusedcupcake is a huge fan and could recommend several.