Page 1778 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 778127816781728176817761777177817791780178818281878 ... LastLast
Results 35,541 to 35,560 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    It's from Ardent Craft Ales in Richmond so you'll likely have to contact one of the RVA beer mules to find one for you. They're both really good guys and have gone out of their ways to procure tasty brews for their NC brothers and sisters so I'd bet they'd help you, too. (amirite, guys? )
    Thinking about going to Ardent tomorrow for some honey ginger, I will pick up some more of the gose and some more sweet potato sage saison.

Rhinegeist Brewery - Barrel Aged Mole Ink Imperial Stout, with spices.

Bourbon, chocolate, spice on the nose. Pours dark with a little foam. The spice is pepper, mole duh. It melds into dark chocolate and roast, with the slightest tingle on the tongue from hot peppers.
    A little cinnamon on the finish is great, and you get full bodied barrel aged throughout. 13% is well hidden.

This is easy a cat3, unless you don’t want any heat in your beer. It’s there but subtle. Fantastic beer. Another great trader from DD and the Ohio mules.

New Anthem Ba’al IPA

Wow! Again! “Chunky” pour. Looks like orange juice. So much ripe citrus. A little dank, but not a lot. Citra and Loral hops. 7.9% ABV. An amazing beer.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Thinking about going to Ardent tomorrow for some honey ginger, I will pick up some more of the gose and some more sweet potato sage saison.
    I'll take a mixed 4 pack of whatever you'd like include for traders.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Rhinegeist Brewery - Barrel Aged Mole Ink Imperial Stout, with spices.

Bourbon, chocolate, spice on the nose. Pours dark with a little foam. The spice is pepper, mole duh. It melds into dark chocolate and roast, with the slightest tingle on the tongue from hot peppers.
    A little cinnamon on the finish is great, and you get full bodied barrel aged throughout. 13% is well hidden.

This is easy a cat3, unless you don’t want any heat in your beer. It’s there but subtle. Fantastic beer. Another great trader from DD and the Ohio mules.
    I had a bit of hesitation including this in your traders but thought an Ink and a couple variants might make an enjoyable package. So happy you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    New Anthem Ba’al IPA

Wow! Again! “Chunky” pour. Looks like orange juice. So much ripe citrus. A little dank, but not a lot. Citra and Loral hops. 7.9% ABV. An amazing beer.
    Sounds deliciously devil-lish.

Another interesting list of more winter ales:

https://foodsided.com/2020/11/22/best-holiday-beers/

Will celebrate Monday night WRT 2nd dose of Covid vaccine received about 1245 today.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I had a bit of hesitation including this in your traders but thought an Ink and a couple variants might make an enjoyable package. So happy you liked it.
    Love me some Ink. Wolf’s Ridge is awesome, and they’re Columbus...but Ink is as good or better. Ohio is lucky to have both

Wise Man Brewing Winter Wave

A Belgian winter ale. Brewed with cinnamon, allspice, and orange peel. Pours the color of the Black Oak. Warming spices on the nose. Excellently balanced. It’s only 4.9% ABV, so it drinks just a tad thin for this style. Still an excellent, flavorful beer. WMB strikes again!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Love me some Ink. Wolf’s Ridge is awesome, and they’re Columbus...but Ink is as good or better. Ohio is lucky to have both
    Next time in Columbus, I'll look for some other Rheingeist barrel-aged stuff from their collection: https://rhinegeist.com/beer/explore/...on=barrel-aged

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Now I want to go look for the Boulevard Berry Noir. Maybe today after work.
    Success! I like it and so does Niece Elizabeth. Definitely taste the Blackberries.!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Success! I like it and so does Niece Elizabeth. Definitely taste the Blackberries.!
    I thought you'd enjoy that one. Boulevard is an outstanding brewery. Their acquisition by Duvel-Moortgart several years ago has made their products much more available in my area and across the country I'd wager.

Another interesting winter beer list, this one the most over-rated ones :

https://uproxx.com/life/overrated-winter-beers-2020/

Intriguing that I've had them all .

The most under-rated winter beers:

https://uproxx.com/life/ten-underrat...g-this-season/

Amusingly, one beer appears on both lists.

Oh look, more Christmas/winter beers:

https://www.beercollections.com/best-christmas-beers/

Some repeats, some new ones, some a bit questionable with a "best" designation...

Big Luscious
    Founders
    Stout Brewed with chocolate and raspberries
    ABV: 7.8%
    IBUs: 30

Definitely a dessert beer. Was raspberry forward for me, both on the nose and the tongue, but the chocolate comes through, too. Haven't had a lot of this style (dessert), but I'd put it in Cat 3 as I would definitely buy again.

Bishop's Barrel #23
    Saint Arnold - Houston, TX
    Rye doppelbock aged in Whistle Pig rye whiskey barrels
    ABV: 12.5%
    IBUs: 17

This was bottled 2/11/2019, so had 20 months in the bottle. Very spicy / rye forward. Glad to have had it, but I liked the Andechs doppelbock from German VP much better at half the price. Though to be fair, Andechs has had a bit more time to work out their process than Saint Arnold has. High cat 2.

Edited to add: the Andechs also isn't a rye doppelbock, so not exactly the same style.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    Big Luscious
    Founders
    Stout Brewed with chocolate and raspberries
    ABV: 7.8%
    IBUs: 30

Definitely a dessert beer. Was raspberry forward for me, both on the nose and the tongue, but the chocolate comes through, too. Haven't had a lot of this style (dessert), but I'd put it in Cat 3 as I would definitely buy again.
    Been a while since I had one of these, probably the last time was at a tailgate several years ago and the the brew was "sponsored" by August West, IIRC. Fond memories.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    Bishop's Barrel #23
    Saint Arnold - Houston, TX
    Rye doppelbock aged in Whistle Pig rye whiskey barrels
    ABV: 12.5%
    IBUs: 17

This was bottled 2/11/2019, so had 20 months in the bottle. Very spicy / rye forward. Glad to have had it, but I liked the Andechs doppelbock from German VP much better at half the price. Though to be fair, Andechs has had a bit more time to work out their process than Saint Arnold has. High cat 2.

Edited to add: the Andechs also isn't a rye doppelbock, so not exactly the same style.
    LOL. Had to research this and had no idea Andechs had been around waaaaay over 500 years .

"The earliest documented reference to beer being brewed in Andechs Abbey dates to 1455."