Page 1758 of 2120 FirstFirst ... 758125816581708174817561757175817591760176818081858 ... LastLast
Results 35,141 to 35,160 of 42398

Thread: Ymm, Beer

  1. #35141
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    From last PM:

    Circumstances of Collision (blackberry/apricot version)-Wise Man Brewing

    336 local

    Credit-needed Christmas sharing/trading beers and this was available
    Style-fruited sour IPA
    Cannister-16 ounces, shared ~2.5 ways
    Stemware-small chalices
    Appearance-cloudy, pinkish, orangish; thin head
    Nose-grapefruit
    Mouthfeel-mildly sour and bitter
    Tastes-grapefruit juice and rind, berries, Sour Patch candy, not much apricot
    Adjuncts-above; a prior version contained lactose
    IBU-65
    ABV-6%
    Overall impression-nice pairing with leftover beef tenderloin, green beans and twice baked/stuffed/loaded potatoes
    Ymm, Beer rating-upper cat 2; points deducted for unnamed hop choice which dominated the fruits; happy to keep one and trade the last 2
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  2. #35142
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Dessert wine, err, beer last PM:

    Nectar Ale-New Glarus Brewing Company

    "Only in Wisconsin"

    Note-last bottle from summer, 2020 beer mule-ing by younger son-in-law and Ohio meet-up

    Credit-above; thanks
    Style-fruited, oaked, blended wild ale/lambic
    Format-12 ounce bottle shared kinda/sorta 4 ways
    Stemware-large wine glass
    Appearance-golden orange cider; skinny head
    Nose-winey, apricot candy
    Mouthfeel-sweet and a bit tart
    Tastes-daughter said muscatel, beer mule said candied apricots, wife said lemon candy, I thought Riesling/Gewurtztraminer
    Adjuncts-Geisenheim grapes; raw wheat
    IBU-maybe 10
    ABV-(secret); my guess is 5%
    Overall impression-another amazing New Glarus creation; beer/wine!!
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid cat 3; wonderful tastes, blending of styles/ingredients; porch sipper or dessert wine; likely never to be seen again
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  3. #35143
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    I gained 3 pounds posting my last two reviews. Time for an hour walk. If you want the current weather in my zip code, check here: https://weather.com/
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  4. #35144
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Mas Agave Lime remains top-notch. That is all.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  5. #35145
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Mas Agave Lime remains top-notch. That is all.
    A late, great find in 2020. At least Ymm, Beer has had multiple bright spots.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  6. #35146
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Rumors abound about excursions to Hardywood this weekend...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  7. #35147
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hardywood Kentucky Christmas Morning 2018

    First pour, great inch high tan head.
    Second pour, no head.

    Super roasty coffee nose.

    Bright sugary opening on the palate.
    All the GBS spices dance mid palate.
    The finish is coffee, bourbon and cola.

    I’m not sure why I held on to 2018 and 2019.

    Tis the season to enjoy a Kentucky Christmas Morning!

    Skol! 🎄🍻

  8. #35148
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Rumors abound about excursions to Hardywood this weekend...
    Another GBS barrel blend, another GBS Caliente, gifted a 750ml BBA GBS for home. All previously reviewed, all exceptional, can’t review any better than RJ.

    Also brought home a 4-pack of Brian’s Blend #12 for sharing and trading. I know RJ and Beer Goddess get one.

  9. #35149
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Another GBS barrel blend, another GBS Caliente, gifted a 750ml BBA GBS for home. All previously reviewed, all exceptional, can’t review any better than RJ.

    Also brought home a 4-pack of Brian’s Blend #12 for sharing and trading. I know RJ and Beer Goddess get one.
    👋🏻

    Given the review upthread, would love to try one.

  10. #35150
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    👋🏻

    Given the review upthread, would love to try one.
    You bet. It is a unique brew - who does Gin and Chardonnay barrels?

    “Brian’s Barrel Blend No. 12 is a harmonious mix of three different brews that when combined, just make sense. You’ll experience toasted oak and cedar wood aromas on the nose from the Chardonnay and Tomcat Gin barrels. The complimenting flavors of citrus, peach, apricot, and a hint of white peppercorn round out this unique barrel-aged offering.”

  11. #35151
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem

    More OBX’ish

    So, back to OBX Brewing Station today. The tuna bánh mi was first rate delish. Highly recommended.

    I had their Mon Cheri saison. A very good beer. Nice copper color. A bit of tartness. Mrs. Tripping went Hugh Hefeweizen. Also tasty. Just what one would expect from a hefe. This place does a really good job with its beer. And food. And atmosphere.

    Allagash Nancy remains an excellent sour’ish brew.

    Also had a Pilsner from Baltimore’s Heavy Seas, on which it collaborated with Outer Banks Boil Company. Really great combo with boiled shrimp and homemade Old Bay seasoning.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  12. #35152
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    So, back to OBX Brewing Station today. The tuna bánh mi was first rate delish. Highly recommended.

    I had their Mon Cheri saison. A very good beer. Nice copper color. A bit of tartness. Mrs. Tripping went Hugh Hefeweizen. Also tasty. Just what one would expect from a hefe. This place does a really good job with its beer. And food. And atmosphere.

    Allagash Nancy remains an excellent sour’ish brew.

    Also had a Pilsner from Baltimore’s Heavy Seas, on which it collaborated with Outer Banks Boil Company. Really great combo with boiled shrimp and homemade Old Bay seasoning.
    This makes me both thirsty and hungry!

  13. #35153
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    From last PM:

    Kentucky Christmas Pancakes 2019-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

    Local for a Family Tree Member

    Credit-accfan for the order and delivery last December; thanks!!
    Style-BBA and maple syruped GBS
    Format-750 ml corked and caged bottle, shared 2 ways
    Stemware-snifters
    Appearance-deep dark brown; small, creamy mocha head
    Nose-ginger and maple syrup
    Mouthfeel-a little zingy
    Tastes-immediate ginger with a slight lingering "heat" followed by strong maple which coated the palate and lingered; very subtle bourbon as it warmed
    Adjuncts-ginger, vanilla, honey and maple syrup
    IBU-65
    ABV-11.5% (oh, my)
    Overall impression-shoulda opened in the AM for a couple tablespoons drizzled over our homemade French toast; terrific elixir
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid cat 3; very much looking forward to the 2020 version
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  14. #35154
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Another GBS barrel blend, another GBS Caliente, gifted a 750ml BBA GBS for home. All previously reviewed, all exceptional, can’t review any better than RJ.

    Also brought home a 4-pack of Brian’s Blend #12 for sharing and trading. I know RJ and Beer Goddess get one.
    Raises hand.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  15. #35155
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    So, back to OBX Brewing Station today. The tuna bánh mi was first rate delish. Highly recommended.

    I had their Mon Cheri saison. A very good beer. Nice copper color. A bit of tartness. Mrs. Tripping went Hugh Hefeweizen. Also tasty. Just what one would expect from a hefe. This place does a really good job with its beer. And food. And atmosphere.

    Allagash Nancy remains an excellent sour’ish brew.

    Also had a Pilsner from Baltimore’s Heavy Seas, on which it collaborated with Outer Banks Boil Company. Really great combo with boiled shrimp and homemade Old Bay seasoning.
    Intriguing assortment. All sound rather tasty.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  16. #35156
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    This makes me both thirsty and hungry!
    Wait, you're always thirsty and hungry...

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  17. #35157
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From last PM:

    Kentucky Christmas Pancakes 2019-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

    Local for a Family Tree Member

    Credit-accfan for the order and delivery last December; thanks!!
    Style-BBA and maple syruped GBS
    Format-750 ml corked and caged bottle, shared 2 ways
    Stemware-snifters
    Appearance-deep dark brown; small, creamy mocha head
    Nose-ginger and maple syrup
    Mouthfeel-a little zingy
    Tastes-immediate ginger with a slight lingering "heat" followed by strong maple which coated the palate and lingered; very subtle bourbon as it warmed
    Adjuncts-ginger, vanilla, honey and maple syrup
    IBU-65
    ABV-11.5% (oh, my)
    Overall impression-shoulda opened in the AM for a couple tablespoons drizzled over our homemade French toast; terrific elixir
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid cat 3; very much looking forward to the 2020 version
    Not sure what I was wearing when we consumed this; maybe a t-shirt, jeans and bedroom slippers.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  18. #35158
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Intriguing assortment. All sound rather tasty.
    A “themeless” day. I couldn’t get all “philosophical.” Maybe tomorrow on that Ommegang...
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  19. #35159
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Another GBS barrel blend, another GBS Caliente, gifted a 750ml BBA GBS for home. All previously reviewed, all exceptional, can’t review any better than RJ.

    Also brought home a 4-pack of Brian’s Blend #12 for sharing and trading. I know RJ and Beer Goddess get one.
    Thanks!! Super excited to hear that. Already looking forward to our next trading extravaganza

  20. #35160
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    So, back to OBX Brewing Station today. The tuna bánh mi was first rate delish. Highly recommended.

    I had their Mon Cheri saison. A very good beer. Nice copper color. A bit of tartness. Mrs. Tripping went Hugh Hefeweizen. Also tasty. Just what one would expect from a hefe. This place does a really good job with its beer. And food. And atmosphere.

    Allagash Nancy remains an excellent sour’ish brew.

    Also had a Pilsner from Baltimore’s Heavy Seas, on which it collaborated with Outer Banks Boil Company. Really great combo with boiled shrimp and homemade Old Bay seasoning.
    So glad you made it there. Agreed on the beer, food, and atmosphere.

    1718 Brewing in Ocracoke is also amazing along with Ocracoke of course. If you can't make it down there this trip, next time.

Similar Threads

  1. Ycch, Beer!
    By DevilAlumna in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 12-11-2020, 10:59 AM
  2. Who would you most want to have a beer with?
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
  3. Beer League
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:43 AM
  4. Beer Question of Yore
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM
  5. Best Beer Commerical Ever!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 05:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •