Page 1757 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 757125716571707174717551756175717581759176718071857 ... LastLast
Results 35,121 to 35,140 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Outer Banks Brewing Station Naughty and Spiced Holiday Ale

A spiced winter ale. They call it (position it) as a “British strong ale.” Reminds me a little of AOTK, but more malty. Believe it is almost 10% ABV. Very well executed. Glad to have three more.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Crowler tonight is Blackberry Farm's classic saison. I'm enjoying this as much as as any American saison that I've had. I now understand why this brewery is well regarded. I had only sampled one of their more sour beers in the past, and generally am not into sours so this is a fairer first date.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I'm officially caught up on posting after not even opening my laptop for a couple days.

Christmas Eve was the New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red. We all know how much I love that one.

Yesterday Mrs. Nrrrrvous and I split the Lickinghole Creek - Batchelors Delight

Rum Barrel Aged Belgian Style Quadruple Ale.

12% ABV

750mL Prison

Poured a nice dark, almost black with a little tan head.

On the nose was a little Oak, a little Molasses.

Flavors of Vanilla, Oak, some dark malts, maybe caramel. Could be the molasses coming through again. A sipper, changes completely as it warms up to room temp.

A definite winner. Category 3 for me.

My other two bottles (this and the coconut version) will be aging in the back of the closet until I can't resist the urge anymore.
    Sounds amazing.

There is a barrel-aged stout or porter out there you will enjoy with all the similar flavors in the beer above. I know you like quads, but just seeing lots of overlap with some flavors. We're on this challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Stopped into a nice little bottle shop in Duck called Sweet T’s. Found Mas Agave Lime, Three Philosophers, and (to my delight) a bottle of Allagash Nancy.

Also procured 16-ounce cans of two selections from the Outer Banks Brewing Station location in Kill Devil Hills.

Will review as I begin tasting.
    Score!

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    Crowler tonight is Blackberry Farm's classic saison. I'm enjoying this as much as as any American saison that I've had. I now understand why this brewery is well regarded. I had only sampled one of their more sour beers in the past, and generally am not into sours so this is a fairer first date.
    Wherever you are filling your crowlers sounds like a good spot to buy draft beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Stopped into a nice little bottle shop in Duck called Sweet T’s. Found Mas Agave Lime, Three Philosophers, and (to my delight) a bottle of Allagash Nancy.

Also procured 16-ounce cans of two selections from the Outer Banks Brewing Station location in Kill Devil Hills.

Will review as I begin tasting.
    Nice finds!!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Excellent brewery/beer.

Dinner beverage line-up:

Circumstances of Collision (blackberry/apricot version)-Wise Man Brewing

Nectar Ale-New Glarus Brewing Company (after dinner beer)

Dinner

More to follow; the heavyweights

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I'm officially caught up on posting after not even opening my laptop for a couple days.

Christmas Eve was the New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red. We all know how much I love that one.

Yesterday Mrs. Nrrrrvous and I split the Lickinghole Creek - Batchelors Delight

Rum Barrel Aged Belgian Style Quadruple Ale.

12% ABV

750mL Prison

Poured a nice dark, almost black with a little tan head.

On the nose was a little Oak, a little Molasses.

Flavors of Vanilla, Oak, some dark malts, maybe caramel. Could be the molasses coming through again. A sipper, changes completely as it warms up to room temp.

A definite winner. Category 3 for me.

My other two bottles (this and the coconut version) will be aging in the back of the closet until I can't resist the urge anymore.
    ok that was easy. I just found a double imperial stout Nrrrrvous will love. I'm serious. As will come as no surprise to anyone, it's a beer accfan recommended today.

I'm drinking now and it's just amazing. I'll review more later. GBS Barrel Blend 2020 - Hardywood - This is the description from Untappd -"An exquisite blend of Gingerbread Stout aged 16 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels, Bourbon Cru aged 21 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels, our long boil Barleywine aged 21 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels, and Foolery aged 21 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels"

Nrrrrvous if you were thinking of swinging by Hardywood to try a GBS variant, you won't go wrong with this one (or the Caliente if you like beers with some hot pepper flavors). More later... Ymmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Wherever you are filling your crowlers sounds like a good spot to buy draft beer!
    When in Durham: https://beerstudy.com/drafts-durham

Thanks! I know where I'll be going when Duke sports return. As I suspected, that draft list looks phenomenal. I'd like to try that Abraxas

This is one of their first beers. I agree it is quite nice!

GBS Barrel Blend 2020 - Hardywood - 12.3 % - 55 IBU -"An exquisite blend of Gingerbread Stout aged 16 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels, Bourbon Cru aged 21 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels, our long boil Barleywine aged 21 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels, and Foolery aged 21 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels"

Hardywood knows how to blend beers like an evil genius. Beercocktail - devildeac?

Black with tan - the usual. Smooth mouthfeel, like a quad. Not too heavy. Not too light. Not roasty. Boozy bourbon barrel aging in so many ways - very well done. Highly complex aroma and taste - so much there: Bourbon - oh yes; oak barrels - oh yes; gingerbread flavor mostly on finish - wait for it. I wisely let this warm just a bit. I'll just say it's badass phenomenal and complex but leave it to the Ymmm Beer experts to tell me what all I'm tasting. If you like bourbon-barrel-aged goodness, this is the beer for you.

Mid to High Category 3

Thanks accfan!

GBS Barrel Blend

It's as if Santa had some bourbon with his gingerbread cookies I would drink it again.

ok that was easy. I just found a double imperial stout Nrrrrvous will love. I'm serious. As will come as no surprise to anyone, it's a beer accfan recommended today.

I'm drinking now and it's just amazing. I'll review more later. GBS Barrel Blend 2020 - Hardywood - This is the description from Untappd -"An exquisite blend of Gingerbread Stout aged 16 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels, Bourbon Cru aged 21 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels, our long boil Barleywine aged 21 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels, and Foolery aged 21 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels"

Nrrrrvous if you were thinking of swinging by Hardywood to try a GBS variant, you won't go wrong with this one (or the Caliente if you like beers with some hot pepper flavors). More later... Ymmmmm
    I still haven't popped the cork on my triple barrel 2019 GBS variant. There are however 5 days left in 2020...l

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Dinner beverage line-up:

Circumstances of Collision (blackberry/apricot version)-Wise Man Brewing

Nectar Ale-New Glarus Brewing Company (after dinner beer)

Dinner

More to follow; the heavyweights
    Kentucky Christmas Pancakes 2019-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

Bourbon County Stout Original 2019-Goose Island (InBev) Brewery

If only we had a deeper bench...

Holy tamales! A forty item draft list?!?! That's insane.

Thanks for linking!!

GBS Barrel Blend 2020 - Hardywood - 12.3 % - 55 IBU -"An exquisite blend of Gingerbread Stout aged 16 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels, Bourbon Cru aged 21 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels, our long boil Barleywine aged 21 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels, and Foolery aged 21 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels"

Hardywood knows how to blend beers like an evil genius. Beercocktail - devildeac?

Black with tan - the usual. Smooth mouthfeel, like a quad. Not too heavy. Not too light. Not roasty. Boozy bourbon barrel aging in so many ways - very well done. Highly complex aroma and taste - so much there: Bourbon - oh yes; oak barrels - oh yes; gingerbread flavor mostly on finish - wait for it. I wisely let this warm just a bit. I'll just say it's badass phenomenal and complex but leave it to the Ymmm Beer experts to tell me what all I'm tasting. If you like bourbon-barrel-aged goodness, this is the beer for you.

Mid to High Category 3

Thanks accfan!
    Hell, yeah! That's what it sounds like. Better than a Raspberry Tart/Wisconsin Belgian Red cocktail? In its own way, yes!

Quote Originally Posted by beergoddess View Post
    GBS Barrel Blend

It's as if Santa had some bourbon with his gingerbread cookies I would drink it again.
    And all the beer knurds said: "Amen!"

Quote Originally Posted by beergoddess View Post
    GBS Barrel Blend

Great analogy!

I’m thrilled to have tried it (and the Caliente) on tap and will try and wait to pop the 750ml set bottle.

RJ’s going to set a record for completing the GBS before year end