Page 1756 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 756125616561706174617541755175617571758176618061856 ... LastLast
Results 35,101 to 35,120 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

3e3c0b5673d6b8b8b7db7041b4124eff_640x640.jpg

Any Secret here is a Dark one...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Ymmm, Dragon with Matches.

Not sure it gets much better.
    I know I'm a little late but just catching up! Agreed, just had one last week and it was excellent!!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Shipment made it through without contact with any officers of the law. Report to follow.
    Happy days are here again!!

(I know, I'm a day late on my replies!)
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Happy days are here again!!

(I know, I'm a day late on my replies!)
    Better late than never...

...or would/should that be late late never never...

...ooh, sounds like a good name for a beer smoothie...

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Sampling this as I type.

Belgian inspired wheat ale 5%ABV

"A bright alternative to darker beer styles during the cooler months, this stylish and refreshing wheat ale is fermented with Belgian yeast, yielding a mix of clove and fruity aromas without the use of any spices."

This is a very nice beer. Will enjoy a couple this afternoon, watching college hoops and NFL (and some NBA).

Happy Holidays to all!!

Not celebrating today as one son is (symptomless) quarantining in Fairfax for 2 more days.
    From the sounds of this one, if you like it, you should try the Legend Winter Ale. Sounds similar and a good winter Belgian/Wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    'Nuff said!!

Son's negative and heading home tomorrow, only present I/we need!!
    Always a classic! Great to hear about your son!!

Yesterday's line-up:

Raspberry Tart
    Wisconsin Belgian Red

Christmas dinner

neveragain3 Xtreme
    Bourbon Barrel St. Francis
    Dark Secret

Better than the Christmas eve line-up.

Stay tuned.
    Damn, if that line-up doesn't win the natty, it's gotta at least make the Final Four, right?

On draft today at Hardy West Creek- GBS Barrel Blend

“An exquisite blend of Gingerbread Stout aged 16 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels, Bourbon Cru aged 21 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels, our long boil Barleywine aged 21 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels, and Foolery aged 21 months in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels. “

This is a Cat3 blend of everything thing good that’s barrel aged at Hardywood. I get the gingerbread, bourbon, cinnamon, and smooth stout.

This is a gingerbread variant that unlike other gbs variants is more cinnamon and bourbon forward with the gingerbread the finishing touch. I only hope the 750ml set exclusive bottle is as great as the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Stella is holding these 2 for me to pick up later today. Beergoddess relented cutting me off purchases as I created fridge space the last few days by drinking/sharing a few bottles with family.

�� @ltm_lestroismousquetaires (Brossard, Québec) Porter Baltique Édition Spéciale Baltic Porter aged in Old Bourbon and Brandy Barrels -

�� @troisdames (Sainte-Croix, Switzerland) Cognac Envoutée Sour Ale... multiple blends of beer, types of barrels (Cognac, Sherry and stainless) and extended aging were used to make this intensely complex beer.

I plan on sharing the baltic porter with fuse and whomever else can join us for that tasting. If there was ever a baltic porter fuse might like, this might be it. If not, plenty for the rest of us!

2021 will also be the year a stout/porter is found that Nrrrvous likes. Ymmm beer challenges for 2021 - let the fun begin...
    I'm game!!! Just find the least bitter stout out there! I'm so tempted to try one of these Hardywoods. Maybe I'll swing by and see what's left on tap when I get back to RVA! See if they'll let me sample!

3e3c0b5673d6b8b8b7db7041b4124eff_640x640.jpg

Any Secret here is a Dark one...
    From last PM:

Dark Secret-Brickstone Brewery

Kinda local for the beer-buying mule

Credit-part of younger son-in-law's Christmas present to me, or maybe to himself ; thanks!!
    Style-Buffalo Trace BBA imperial stout
    Delivery container-12 ounce can, shared 2.5 ways (yea, the picture is not a can but from Untappd and not sure what year)
    Receiving container-small snifters
    Appearance-one of the darker pours I've ever seen; very thin, tan head
    Nose-dark chocolate and booze
    Mouthfeel-5W20 or 10W30, not sure
    Tastes-dark chocolate fudge, molasses, bourbon, char
    Adjuncts-none listed
    IBU-probably 50
    ABV-13% in very small print
    Overall impression-flavors better as it warmed over 30 minutes
    Ymm, Beer rating-beer steward said better than Bourbon County Stout and cheaper; he was half right though this was still excellent; looking forward to some variants

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Curmudgeon's Better Half - Founders - Old Ale - 12.7 %

Shared this with family in honor of beergoddess.

After having several dark beers from Founders recently I thought this might be another stout. It was not.

This is dark, golden amber. Bourbon and vanilla on the nose.

Despite the description on the bottle, this beer is not too sweet. It just has a sweet flavor of malt with some molasses shifting quickly to boozy (in a good way) bourbon, oak, hint of vanilla, and I guess some maple sure. It's complex and extremely good! Thick body, refreshing, and very easy to drink for being a big beer.

Category 3 and worth a try if you see it. This fun BBA amber ale is a great drink this holiday season, and fits right in despite being a different style from the normal winter fare.
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Calling Glenn? Great ale BBA. And not a stout.
    This definitely sounds like a winner in the Nrrrrvous household! I'll have to check out the Barrel Chest and see if they have any! If not, maybe Total William when i get back home!

Damn, if that line-up doesn't win the natty, it's gotta at least make the Final Four, right?
    LOL. Depends who the refs are.

I'm officially caught up on posting after not even opening my laptop for a couple days.

Christmas Eve was the New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red. We all know how much I love that one.

Yesterday Mrs. Nrrrrvous and I split the Lickinghole Creek - Batchelors Delight

Rum Barrel Aged Belgian Style Quadruple Ale.

12% ABV

750mL Prison

Poured a nice dark, almost black with a little tan head.

On the nose was a little Oak, a little Molasses.

Flavors of Vanilla, Oak, some dark malts, maybe caramel. Could be the molasses coming through again. A sipper, changes completely as it warms up to room temp.

A definite winner. Category 3 for me.

My other two bottles (this and the coconut version) will be aging in the back of the closet until I can't resist the urge anymore.

I'm officially caught up on posting after not even opening my laptop for a couple days.

Christmas Eve was the New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red. We all know how much I love that one.

Yesterday Mrs. Nrrrrvous and I split the Lickinghole Creek - Batchelors Delight

Rum Barrel Aged Belgian Style Quadruple Ale.

12% ABV

750mL Prison

Poured a nice dark, almost black with a little tan head.

On the nose was a little Oak, a little Molasses.

Flavors of Vanilla, Oak, some dark malts, maybe caramel. Could be the molasses coming through again. A sipper, changes completely as it warms up to room temp.

A definite winner. Category 3 for me.

My other two bottles (this and the coconut version) will be aging in the back of the closet until I can't resist the urge anymore.
    Hey, RJ199, wanna put the over/under on this on about 7 days?

I'm game!!! Just find the least bitter stout out there! I'm so tempted to try one of these Hardywoods. Maybe I'll swing by and see what's left on tap when I get back to RVA! See if they'll let me sample!
    This is an interesting clue for finding inroads for a good stout journey.

Bitter is not a word I associate with stouts.
    Not in any way disagreeing, just understanding the problematic flavour profile.

While its a porter, I think Duclaw’s Sweet Baby Jesus may fit the bill.

Left Hand Milk Stout might be another, or Breckinridge Vanilla Porter.

I’d guess Hardywood GBS and their base milk stout, although if bitter is worrisome, I’d avoid the coffee variants.

There are a bunch of “sweet” and milk stouts that may offer approachability worth your consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

I’d guess Hardywood GBS and their base milk stout, although if bitter is worrisome, I’d avoid the coffee variants.

There are a bunch of “sweet” and milk stouts that may offer approachability worth your consideration.
    Fluffy or Frosty, a golden milk stout, might tickle the palate, too.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

Some follow up links:

https://imbibemagazine.com/decoding-stout-beer-styles/

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/styles/82/

OBX beer

Stopped into a nice little bottle shop in Duck called Sweet T’s. Found Mas Agave Lime, Three Philosophers, and (to my delight) a bottle of Allagash Nancy.

Also procured 16-ounce cans of two selections from the Outer Banks Brewing Station location in Kill Devil Hills.

Will review as I begin tasting.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Destroyed the Evidence ... 🤣

A great non-beer. 😳🙄

Outer Banks Brewing Station Lemongrass Wheat Ale

The name says it all. Basically a Hefeweizen style brewed with a heavy dose of lemongrass. Really, really flavorful. Fuller bodied than I would have expected. 5.2% ABV. A wonderfully refreshing beverage.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."