Page 1752 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 752125216521702174217501751175217531754176218021852 ... LastLast
Results 35,021 to 35,040 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Had my first Founders CBS last night while wrapping gifts. So chocolatey. A great way to finish the night - a wonderful beer and all of my wrapping done before Christmas Eve.

So glad I went back and got a 4-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    Feliz Navidad
    Buffalo Bayou Brewing - Houston, TX
    Gingerbread stout aged on mild ancho chilies
    Format: 22oz bomber
    ABV: 9.1%
    IBU: 30

Tried to recruit this for the Holiday VP, but didn't get a commitment until after the fact. The flavors were there, but subtle. Gingerbread cookie first, then the chili. No heat, just the flavor. Upper cat 2.
    Glad at least you got the LOI in the late signing period. Sounds like the Hardywood Caliente version of their GBS.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Had my first Founders CBS last night while wrapping gifts. So chocolatey. A great way to finish the night - a wonderful beer and all of my wrapping done before Christmas Eve.

Yep; you never know when they're *not* going to release it again as they claimed in 2009, 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2019 (roughly estimating when they said it was their "last" release of that brew). I've got a couple large format bottles from 2016 or 2018 maybe and some 12 ounce "leftovers" from 2019 that are also in the "share" queue this week and next. Great beer.

Good call!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Almost certain this is en route:

"Bourbon County Caramella Ale: Caramella or ‘candy’ in Italian is a wheatwine aged in Larceny Wheated Bourbon barrels with apple, cinnamon, and natural caramel flavor added after aging. Just like last year, the sweet smoothness from the Larceny Wheated Bourbon barrels adds a lingering warmth that complements the added flavor nuance. It’s nostalgia-inducing flavors are reminiscent of a caramel apple. Our Lab Tech, Joey Tidei, created this variant as a tribute to his love of seasonal flavors. This luscious embodiment of caramel perfectly paired with a slightly-tart apple flavor will transport you to a crisp autumn day."

Photo report (not able to post here) of 2 dogs guarding 5 cases of beer and 2 suitcases in the middle and back rows of a small SUV/crossover, in transit as I type.

Purchased some Anchor Christmas Ale I am SUPER excited to try! Happy holidays all!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Purchased some Anchor Christmas Ale I am SUPER excited to try! Happy holidays all!
    Love Anchor Our Special Ale.

If you want more insight, read on!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/garystoller/2020/12/15/anchor-brewings-christmas-ale-for-2020-is-unlike-any-other/?sh=704ce5436809

Ymmm, Dragon with Matches.

Not sure it gets much better.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Always a wise/great Christmas/holiday purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Ymmm, Dragon with Matches.

Not sure it gets much better.
    I'll let you/myself know soon.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'll let you/myself know soon.
    Just say’”ditto,”’ since we’re the same person.

Crowler of coffee infused bba sexual chocolate on deck for sipping tomorrow. Which is nice. Hope you all have it that nice, or better.

Might be some of this in the wagon, too:

"Bourbon County Special #4 Stout: Bourbon County Special #4 Stout is an oatmeal stout variant of our original Bourbon County Stout recipe, also aged in bourbon barrels, that uses crystal oats to add a nutty character, as well as a smooth mouthfeel. After barrel aging, we add Intelligentsia Coffee, both their cold coffee and single origin coffee beans from Ethiopia, called “Metad Buku,” bringing out a pleasant fruity coffee character. Lastly bourbon barrel-aged maple syrup from Bissell Maple Farm in Ohio is added which provides complexity to the nutty oats and coffee to round out the flavors, ultimately reminiscent of your breakfast ‘special’ at the local diner."
    This is a serious wagon! If the cops stop them at the border, just tell them the nutty character is from pecans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-Fhj2BEd4

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    Crowler of coffee infused bba sexual chocolate on deck for sipping tomorrow. Which is nice. Hope you all have it that nice, or better.
    Yep, jealous. A terrific beer.

Glad at least you got the LOI in the late signing period. Sounds like the Hardywood Caliente version of their GBS.
    Bourbon Barrel Aged Caliente GBS 2020 - Hardywood - 13 % - 26 months aging in Heaven Hills Bourbon barrels.

Motor Oil Black Pour with tan head rising up out of beer - similar to Trickery.

One of the most gorgeous, strong gingerbread aromas ever. Wow.

Hardywood brought the magic back bigtime. You get full on gingerbread flavor first - tastes like the Krispy Kreme Gingerbread doughnut flavor, but not too sweet. Beautifully balanced with bourbon, barrel, extra cinnamon (but not obnoxious), and then a flavorful and strong ancho chile touch on the finish. The lingering flavor comes back to Christmas gingerbread.

Thick medium feel - just right.

Strong Mid Category 3 - a masterpiece from Hardywood and as good a pepper beer as I've tasted. Thanks accfan!!

Merry Christmas to all!!

I need to stop

Rye Barrel Aged Ink - imperial stout aged in rye barrels.

Founders - Curmudgeon’s Better Half old ale brewed with molasses and aged in maple syrup bourbon barrels

JackieO’s- Oil of Aphrodite . Imperial stout brewed with walnuts and aged in bourbon barrels.

Three cat3 beers and a merry xmas eve.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    Amazing. I have a ~2 year old bomber of BBA Coffee Sexual Chocolate as a trader from RJ199 and learned recently that it's now available in 4 packs of 12 ounce cans. You are indeed a lucky person to get a crowler/draft of it. I'm really looking forward to that review .

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    This is a serious wagon! If the cops stop them at the border, just tell them the nutty character is from pecans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-Fhj2BEd4

Thanks!!
    Shipment made it through without contact with any officers of the law. Report to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Bourbon Barrel Aged Caliente GBS 2020 - Hardywood - 13 % - 26 months aging in Heaven Hills Bourbon barrels.

Motor Oil Black Pour with tan head rising up out of beer - similar to Trickery.

One of the most gorgeous, strong gingerbread aromas ever. Wow.

Hardywood brought the magic back bigtime. You get full on gingerbread flavor first - tastes like the Krispy Kreme Gingerbread doughnut flavor, but not too sweet. Beautifully balanced with bourbon, barrel, extra cinnamon (but not obnoxious), and then a flavorful and strong ancho chile touch on the finish. The lingering flavor comes back to Christmas gingerbread.

Thick medium feel - just right.

Strong Mid Category 3 - a masterpiece from Hardywood and as good a pepper beer as I've tasted. Thanks accfan!!

Merry Christmas to all!!
    Just reviewed the contents of the 2020 GBS package with our delivery mule. We were both highly impressed. Really looking forward to this one.