Page 1732 of 1784 FirstFirst ... 73212321632168217221730173117321733173417421782 ... LastLast
Results 34,621 to 34,640 of 35672

Thread: Ymm, Beer

  1. #34621
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Heard the weather was quite nice for a trip to/from RVA yesterday.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  2. #34622
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Breaking News - Center of the Universe is releasing a Pepperhoptas - which seems to take their Flagship IPA and add in some Pineapple and Hot Peppers. More to follow this week...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  3. #34623
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Breaking News - Center of the Universe is releasing a Pepperhoptas - which seems to take their Flagship IPA and add in some Pineapple and Hot Peppers. More to follow this week...
    Sign TW and RJ199 up to share a case...

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  4. #34624
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Trending: Crimson Velvet
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  5. #34625
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Sign TW and RJ199 up to share a case...

    Ymmm, pepper beer.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  6. #34626
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    In the DBR "tradition," it's bratwurst:

    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipes/1...age/bratwurst/

    220px-Bratwurst_and_bread_roll_in_Hohenems.jpg

    Doesn't have to involve beer, but, it appears it should...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  7. #34627
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    In the DBR "tradition," it's bratwurst
    The extra “u” gives it more flavour and colour though.

    (and I guess it’s really bier not beer).

  8. #34628
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Mine was a bit more turbid than this:

    6c6e14bc15e47cf8b8d809403d8d2883_640x640.jpg
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  9. #34629
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The extra “u” gives it more flavour and colour though.

    (and I guess it’s really bier not beer).
    Depends on your behaviour, I guess.

    Could also be: bière
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  10. #34630
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The extra “u” gives it more flavour and colour though.

    (and I guess it’s really bier not beer).
    An affected behaviour for sure, and one which I quite enjoy.

  11. #34631
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The extra “u” gives it more flavour and colour though.

    (and I guess it’s really bier not beer).
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Depends on your behaviour, I guess.

    Could also be: bière
    Or cerveza...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  12. #34632
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Think I'll have a beer after work tonight. Will be interested to read what one of the RVA folks thought about Crimson Velvet, hopefully before I compost, err, compose my thoughts.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  13. #34633
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Think I'll have a beer after work tonight. Will be interested to read what one of the RVA folks thought about Crimson Velvet, hopefully before I compost, err, compose my thoughts.
    Yeah, I'm getting horrible at posting reviews...

    From last night - Haw River Crimson Velvet Imperial IPA brewed with a (1/2) ton of Raspberries and Aged on Oak Spirals and then dry-hopped with some Enigma hops.

    11.2%

    IBU - 48

    Poured a nice reddish/brown with a good amount of bubbles, not really foam, but bubbly. Hints of the raspberries to the nose, a little boozy, a little Oaky.

    A great blend of the three - Hops, Raspberry and Oak Barrel. Not a sour, definitely more hops than the usual sour. They clearly were not going for a Raspberry tart, and that's good!

    It seemed the Raspberries were more upfront when it was cold, then as it warmed you got more hops, then at the end was the barrel...

    Went down easy for 11.2%, on taste alone I would have put it more at the 8-9%. Paired well with the Veggie Curry we had for dinner.

    Thanks fuse! Glad I've got a couple more hiding! Low to Mid Category 3 range?
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  14. #34634
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting horrible at posting reviews...

    From last night - Haw River Crimson Velvet Imperial IPA brewed with a (1/2) ton of Raspberries and Aged on Oak Spirals and then dry-hopped with some Enigma hops.

    11.2%

    IBU - 48

    Poured a nice reddish/brown with a good amount of bubbles, not really foam, but bubbly. Hints of the raspberries to the nose, a little boozy, a little Oaky.

    A great blend of the three - Hops, Raspberry and Oak Barrel. Not a sour, definitely more hops than the usual sour. They clearly were not going for a Raspberry tart, and that's good!

    It seemed the Raspberries were more upfront when it was cold, then as it warmed you got more hops, then at the end was the barrel...

    Went down easy for 11.2%, on taste alone I would have put it more at the 8-9%. Paired well with the Veggie Curry we had for dinner.

    Thanks fuse! Glad I've got a couple more hiding! Low to Mid Category 3 range?
    Ha! Glad you posted this. Now I can piggyback off your review this time. No quibble from me except I got hints of OJ, too, plus a fair amount of fine sediment. I'd grade this as low cat 3, a notch below New Anthem, Burial and Veil products of similar ilk. Still, a really good beer and I have several to share/trade with family over the holidays.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  15. #34635
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Was there some extreme Veil beer folks were discussing off-line?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  16. #34636
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Was there some extreme Veil beer folks were discussing off-line?
    I believe fuse has Never been Calmer...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  17. #34637
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I believe fuse has Never been Calmer...
    Good to know. Glad to read he's not nrrrrvous...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  18. #34638
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ha! Glad you posted this. Now I can piggyback off your review this time. No quibble from me except I got hints of OJ, too, plus a fair amount of fine sediment. I'd grade this as low cat 3, a notch below New Anthem, Burial and Veil products of similar ilk. Still, a really good beer and I have several to share/trade with family over the holidays.
    This beer was served at approximately 54F, which, by the way, is 6 X 9F, but y'all knew that.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  19. #34639
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Wow. First Frost >< Grand Cru. I’m gonna hafta think on this for a bit.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  20. #34640
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Wow. First Frost >< Grand Cru. I’m gonna hafta think on this for a bit.
    News to me and not on Fullsteam’s website.
    Colour me intrigued.

Similar Threads

  1. Ycch, Beer!
    By DevilAlumna in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 12-11-2020, 10:59 AM
  2. Who would you most want to have a beer with?
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
  3. Beer League
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:43 AM
  4. Beer Question of Yore
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM
  5. Best Beer Commerical Ever!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 05:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •