Page 1702 of 1790 FirstFirst ... 70212021602165216921700170117021703170417121752 ... LastLast
Results 34,021 to 34,040 of 35784

Thread: Ymm, Beer

  1. #34021
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Even in NJ the search goes on. Limited to 2 Goose Island 2020 regulars, plus the caramela wheat wine variant and the Texas fog variant. Picked up the 2019 cherry variant for $ 13.99. Also the Troeg’s Grand Cru.
    Son got 2-2020 BCS Original, 2 Caramela variants and a 2019 Mon Cherie. If I heard younger son-in-law correctly, his lottery ticket was selected and he *might* be getting all the 2020 variants.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  2. #34022
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Even in NJ the search goes on. Limited to 2 Goose Island 2020 regulars, plus the caramela wheat wine variant and the Texas fog variant. Picked up the 2019 cherry variant for $ 13.99. Also the Troeg’s Grand Cru.
    Fuse had the Mad Elf Grand Cru a year or two ago and really liked it, IIRC.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  3. #34023
    The bottle shop guy brought mine from out the back, except for the 2019. And, they had Hardywood GBS, said he got 2 cases of it. Case was $84 plus tax. At Hardywood it was $75 a case.

  4. #34024
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Fuse had the Mad Elf Grand Cru a year or two ago and really liked it, IIRC.
    It was really good.

    Pretty sure the review is up thread somewhere.

    Also pretty sure I had it either side by side, or back to back with regular Mad Elf.

    If memory serves, they were very similar.
    Grand Cru worth trying, maybe not price justified.

  5. #34025
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    It was really good.

    Pretty sure the review is up thread somewhere.

    Also pretty sure I had it either side by side, or back to back with regular Mad Elf.

    If memory serves, they were very similar.
    Grand Cru worth trying, maybe not price justified.
    That's my foggy memory of your impression.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  6. #34026
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    I can attest that Fiddlin’ Fish’s 2020 AOTK is delicious. Russian tea in a can!

    Can’t imagine what those Jamaican rum barrels will add to this beer. Bet it’s outstanding.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  7. #34027
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I can attest that Fiddlin’ Fish’s 2020 AOTK is delicious. Russian tea in a can!

    Can’t imagine what those Jamaican rum barrels will add to this beer. Bet it’s outstanding.
    If one of your clients/friends/acquaintances is connected with FF, you should suggest they package it and send some to your gal Stella.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  8. #34028
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Everything Floats on Guava and Passion Fruit- Väsen Brewing Company

    Local for the delivery guy

    Credit-accfanfrom1970; thanks!!
    Style-fruited sour
    Delivery vessel-pint can, shared 2 ways
    Stemware-tumblers
    Appearance-pear/guava color; smallish head
    Nose-tropical fruit salad
    Mouthfeel-juicy
    Tastes-guava>passionfruit; hints of peach and melon
    Adjuncts-ummmm...
    IBU-none listed but I'll guess 10 or less
    ABV-6.5%
    Food pairing-deep fried turkey, green been casserole, twice baked potatos, cubed/roasted sweet taters, cranberry relish
    Overall impression-unusual fruit combination that worked well
    Ymm, Beer rating-upper cat 2; would certainly have more Väsen brews (this was my second with a Velvet Walrus variant being the first a couple years ago)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  9. #34029
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Oh, look what I found as I explored the interwebz:

    "Everything Floats on Guava and Passionfruit

    A fruit beer that doesn’t look like a smoothie?
    What sorcery is this?

    A wonderful, super sweet passionfruit nose.

    First sip will take you directly to the tropics.

    Guava, passionfruit burst on your tongue like a fresh tropical fruit salad.

    Another outstanding Compass Rose Brew Crew thank you is in order."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  10. #34030
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    It was a Ymm, Bourbon kinda night for me. So, unfortunately, no reviews.

    There's always tomorrow!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  11. #34031
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    It was a Ymm, Bourbon kinda night for me. So, unfortunately, no reviews.

    There's always tomorrow!
    Ymm, Beer supply running low?

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  12. #34032
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem

    WMB Always Improvising NEIPA

    My only regret is that I had to drink this from the can. A Stella acquisition, and it’s another hit for Wise Man. Notes of ripe pineapple and a bit of mango. The hops structure it well. 66 IBU’s that feel like half that. A very good beer in a crowded style.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  13. #34033
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem

    Trophy Brewing Heavyweight Champ BBA Imperial Stout

    Don’t recall the year of this beer. Believe it’s 2017 or 2018. The barrel aging is the most prominent feature. Hints of wood and (of all things) some honey. No chocolate or coffee to speak of. Maybe some underlying vanilla. Hard to describe this one. It’s very good but .... different (especially for this popular style).

    We’ll see what the rest of the bottle is like tomorrow.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  14. #34034
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Here's my one and only tasting of this from 1/3/19:

    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Heavyweight Champ (9/28/17 stamped on label)-Trophy Brewing

    A tardy review for my first beer of 2019 (at 100 AM) in answer to Tripping William's query.

    Thankfully, three of us divided the 750 ml bottle darn near equally. Pour was almost black but not as viscous as I imagined for this BBA imperial stout. Little to no head with aromas of dark chocolate and caramels, molasses, a drop or two of coffee (not added but a variant is coffee-infused) and bourbon with the tastes falling in order right behind the scents. Mouthfeel was smooth/silky but not 10W40 oily. I'll guess IBUs around 50 based on the style (heavily roasted, not overly hoppy) and the ABV was a stunning and numbing 14%. And, as I mentioned upthread, this did indeed deliver the knockout punch for the night's and early AM's festivities. Might have to heard to Trophy soon as they have a variant of this available in addition to another BBA imperial stout or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Don’t recall the year of this beer. Believe it’s 2017 or 2018. The barrel aging is the most prominent feature. Hints of wood and (of all things) some honey. No chocolate or coffee to speak of. Maybe some underlying vanilla. Hard to describe this one. It’s very good but ... different (especially for this popular style).

    We’ll see what the rest of the bottle is like tomorrow.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  15. #34035
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Here's my one and only tasting of this from 1/3/19:
    {Checks label} “Bottled September 2018”
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  16. #34036
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Hiking in the vicinity of Mt. Rogers this AM should generate some thirstiness...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  17. #34037
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hiking in the vicinity of Mt. Rogers this AM should generate some thirstiness...
    Check Damascus Brewery if they are open. Small spot, pretty okay beer as I recall. Great tiny town gathering place.

  18. #34038
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem

    Edmund’s Oast Cranberry Lime Sour

    Another pickup from my gal Stella. Pours the color of grapefruit juice. Way more lime than cranberry. Excellent pucker. A treat with a leftover turkey sammich. Tasty beer.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  19. #34039
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Check Damascus Brewery if they are open. Small spot, pretty okay beer as I recall. Great tiny town gathering place.
    Ha! Didn't get to Damascus but it appears we were about 7 miles from White Top which is where The Creeper Trail starts, IIRC. We did partake at the brewing in Abingdon before dining when we were there a couple years ago. Not a bad flight of house-brewed ales.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  20. #34040
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Another pickup from my gal Stella. Pours the color of grapefruit juice. Way more lime than cranberry. Excellent pucker. A treat with a leftover turkey sammich. Tasty beer.
    Never got to any New Glarus brews last PM but will sample very soon with a generous amount of leftovers.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Similar Threads

  1. Ycch, Beer!
    By DevilAlumna in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 12-11-2020, 10:59 AM
  2. Who would you most want to have a beer with?
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
  3. Beer League
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:43 AM
  4. Beer Question of Yore
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM
  5. Best Beer Commerical Ever!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 05:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •